3% Complete

30% Battery Life

The girl was completely fine with leaving Zelo out in the open in her room, as her parents never went in. Her parents and her had an unspoken agreement that they wouldn’t meddle in her life. As long as she went to school, got good grades, and didn’t come home smelling like smoke and alcohol she could do as she pleased. She never really utilized her freedom before since she never needed to, she was a well behaved child. She grew up on the Sesame Street.

B.A.P still poked at Zelo occasionally. She wondered just how hyper aware B.A.P was about his surroundings. B.A.P seemed like it could sense Zelo was another robot like itself and was curious.

After that punch Zelo had thrown, she was a little more than hesitant of approaching him again. Instead of examining him herself, she settled for reading the manual Yong Guk had made for her. She scoffed at some of the things he had highlighted for her attention.

 

  1. Zelo should avoid all sources of water. Not that he’ll malfunction close to it, but I didn’t program him to swim.
  2. Don’t feed him. Zelo doesn’t eat. If, however, you do plan to feed him, cherry tomatoes are preferred.
  3. Yes, he’s a boy.
  4. He’s the most advanced A.I I ever made. Treat him kindly, okay?
  5. Since he’s an A.I he’ll learn from watching you work. Don’t corrupt him.
  6. For the love of all that is holy, don’t try to do anything to damage him. If I find that you tried to use him to download for your sick twisted humor, you are dead.
  7. He can’t download , for your information. It’s not possible.


The list went on and on and she read until she got bored. She glanced up from the book and at Zelo who was emitting a quiet humming noise. He hadn’t moved since that punch he gave her. The girl shrugged and started her homework.

An hour later, she still understood nothing about the formulas in her math book and decided to give up. She had finished everything else aside from her math. She’ll probably just do the rest of it in class when the teacher went over it.

Stretching her arms lazily she went to the kitchen and got herself a slice of cold pizza. She was too lazy to microwave it. By the time she reached the door only the crust was left uneaten.

She nibbled on the bread and walked to her desk. She stared at her math homework and found the last of her problems had already been done for her. Her eyes wondered towards B.A.P, “Did you do this?” she asked, feeling only slightly ridiculous for talking to a robot.

The toy nodded its head and grabbed her mechanical pencil, showing her how it did the equations. B.A.P was able to explain to her each vague math concept with step by step examples of different varying equations. She was absolutely elated at understanding all the work. She was loving the weird little robot so much right now. She gave B.A.P a gentle pat on the head like it was a dog, but it seemed to approve since it let out a small buzzing noise.

With all her work completed she decided to waste what was left of her night online. B.A.P stayed seated beside her computer watching her curiously. It observed quietly while she scrolled through her dashboard on Tumblr, watched the Youtube videos she found funny, and read the news articles she would come across. Was this what humans did for fun? B.A.P stared longingly at Zelo, wanting a robot companion to play with.

B.A.P tugged on the girl’s sleeve, wanting to be brought down from the table. The girl smiled and complied with its request. Once down on the girl’s messy bedroom floor, it strolled over to Zelo. Earlier B.A.P had studied Zelo’s design and had concluded that Zelo was superior to it in several large aspects.

First of all, Zelo held the complete appearance of a human, had a faster processor, better mobility, and a memory card that only scientists could dream of. B.A.P wanted to know more about its robot friend. Using the wrinkles of Zelo’s clothes he climbed up the sleeve of his large black jacket. The fabric was loose fitting on him, as his build was more feminine than Yong Guk’s. Its trip up there had been somewhat difficult as the clothing would shift occasionally and Zelo would jerk ever so slightly.

When B.A.P had finally reached Zelo’s shoulder, he took rest there and nudged at the A.I’s face. His body was soft and squishy like a human’s too. ‘How strange,’ B.A.P thought. Continuing on with its exploration, B.A.P noted that Zelo’s chest was even programmed to rise and fall like he was breathing. Also, if B.A.P wasn’t mistaken, which it never is, Zelo even had an artificial rhythmic beat in his chest which mirrored that of a human heart. The toy was thoroughly entertained with learning all of Zelo’s designs.

The robot reached to clutch onto one of Zelo’s blond locks, wanting to see what secrets he might hold atop of his head. Just when B.A.P was about to clasp onto a few stray strands of his hair, Zelo unexpectedly twitched, breaking B.A.P’s balance. Frightened by the sudden feeling of falling, B.A.P took hold of the closest thing near him; the cord of Zelo’s charger.

B.A.P held desperately onto the wire, fearing of dropping from such a height. Although B.A.P wasn’t a fragile piece of technology, he could still possibly be damaged from a crash. However, despite its attempt to stay air born, its extra weight caused the link to jerk from its position on Zelo. Soon once again, B.A.P found itself falling, but this time with Zelo’s charger in hand.

It braced itself for its fall when a hand shot out, catching it. B.A.P assumed to see the owner of the hand to be the girl, but instead he found himself staring into the cold analytical eyes of the android.