12% Luck

30% Battery Life

When the two returned back to her home, her parents were out running errands. She kicked off her shoes and walked to her room. Zelo carefully took off his sneakers and placed them neatly by the door. Her parents never noticed the pair of men’s shoes by the door, as they were used to having Yong Guk sleep over at their home. Too bad they didn’t know Yong Guk was away at camp for a month.

Their daughter returned to her room and found her alarm clock broken against her wall. Lovely.

“B.A.P,” she called over the tiny electronic and pointed to the shattered remnants, “Zelo right?”

B.A.P simply nodded its head, confirming her suspicion. 

“ing rainbows and sunshine.” she sighed, leaning down to finger one of the pieces. The headache she had been trying to keep at bay for the entire day exploded and attacked her with unyielding fury. All the stress from having to sit and wonder about what Zelo was doing, his medical ramblings, and the stains on her favorite sweater just built up upon each other. She rubbed her aching temples to sooth them.

“Deep breaths....” she instructed herself. She was not going to have one of her mental break downs already. She had a tight schedule for those. Only one mental break down every three months.

She bit her lip as several other exasperating incidents returned to her mind; Yong Guk leaving her with his robot, Yong Guk leaving her, her grade on the last math test, all the homework for the past few days, and all the that she just plain hated. She balled her hands up, her nails digging painfully into her palms.

“Noona,” Zelo entered her room smiling, happy for finally being able to recharge. His battery was dangerously low, at 25%. Stepping in, Zelo blinked, seeing his noona’s back shaking. “are you okay?” he asked with a tilt of his head.

Slowly the girl straightened her back and got on her feet again. She sent a deadly glare over at Zelo. Her teeth grounded together as she spat out, “No, I’m not okay, Zelo. My life is full of so much annoying crap and I can’t find a single moment to rest. On top of that, I have you hogging up all my sparse free time too.” She didn’t want Zelo to be the recipient of all her anger, but he was the closest person to her, and she just wanted to rant and vent it out. “You come to my ing school and almost give me a heart attack! You act like a ing child. Why are you going around destroying my alarm clock? Huh?” Her voice rose louder and louder. “Why am I so unlucky to be stuck with you?!” Her breathing was shallow as she tried to catch her breath from her screaming. Her breakdown was now over and she felt so relieved to have gotten her emotions out of her system. She just felt utterly cleansed of all the negatives thoughts plaguing her. However, one set of emotions was only replaced with another. She felt a surge of pain when she saw the devastated look on Zelo’s young face.

“Do I make you feel that unlucky noona?” Zelo squeaked. He felt like his heart stopped moving. Was he experiencing what humans called grief?

The girl shook her head and sighed, “No.” She denied his question, “I’m sorry, Zelo.” What was she thinking exploding at him? “I didn’t actually mean all those horrible things.” She walked over to him and placed a caring hand on his shoulder. “I’m going to go shower. Let’s forget all the things I said.” she tried to offer him a weak smile as she left through the door. “Remember to go charge yourself.” she reminded him before she was out of sight.

Zelo listened to his noona and dragged himself over to his charging station, but stopped short as he saw the broken clock on the floor. Zelo should have known better than to break the clock. He was an advanced A.I unit, not a savage. He didn’t feel good about all the trouble he caused his noona. Her words replayed in his head.

“Hyung,” Zelo said, “tell noona not to worry if she finds me gone.” Zelo jogged out the door and left the house. Using his embedded GPS system, Zelo located the closest park nearby and ran at top speed. He grinned upon seeing one of the many slides come into view.

Surveying the park he ran straight to the grassy field past the playground and began his search.

From afar another blond boy watched in mild interest at Zelo’s queer behavior. The boy was on the swings, swaying back and forth with the wind. He was only a few feet away from Zelo.

“Hey, what are you doing?” The blond smiled, genuinely curious.

Zelo, too focused on the task at hand, didn’t hear the male calling over to him.

The teen pouted, not liking being ignored. Jumping off of his swing, he strolled over to Zelo. “What are you doing?” he asked again.

Zelo looked up and saw the face of a boy, probably around seventeen years old. He held a blindingly bright smile on his lips, showing off his perfect teeth. Zelo didn’t see any noticeable double eye-lid upon the teenager, but Zelo did observe that his eyes were awkwardly spaced apart just a little, like there was too much room. He was still handsome though, and Zelo was just super observant.

Not wanting to waste time, Zelo brushed the male off and continued roaming and feeling the field.

“My name is Jong Up,” the boy leaned down, his smile growing wider.

“I’m Zelo.” he muttered, picking up something, only to trash it right after.

“What you up to, buddy?” Jong Up rested his head against the sleeve of his red jacket.

“Four leaf clover.” Zelo brushed away some small plants.

“A four leaf clover? Neat-o” Jong Up smiled, beginning to help the stranger in his search. “Are you sure you want to find one though? Four leaf clovers are-”

“For every four leaf clover, there are three-thousand three leaf clovers.” Zelo finished Jong Up’s sentence. The cyborg had no time to waste. His battery had quickly fallen to 17% after all his running. He needed to find that four leaf clover soon for his noona, so she could get some luck.

He rustled over the patches of clovers some more, his robotic eyes analyzing every section of the green plants. His vision was beginning to waver as he wasted more of his energy, but he kept searching.

Jong Up smirked and watched the boy search for a silly clover. The second Jong Up had sat down, he had found the item Zelo so earnestly yearned for. He had kept the fact a secret to observe the boy some more. He shook his head and showed mercy. Putting on another smile, Jong Up held the leaf up to Zelo’s face, “Here you go.”

Zelo’s eyes widened and snatched the leaf right away, a smile erupting onto his face. “Thank you so much, hyung.” It seemed like Zelo was so thankful that he had decided to call the stranger hyung. He was much too trusting with people, but that was an endearing quality of his.

“You’re welcome, kid.” Jong Up ruffled up Zelo’s curly locks playfully.

Zelo rocketed up from his spot, “You can’t comprehend my gratitude right now. I hope to return the favor to you one day. Bye, hyung!” Zelo sprinted off to the direction of his noona. His steps were faulty and clumsy. He needed to recharge soon before he collapsed.

Pacing around her room worriedly, the girl was going crazy. She was going to create a hole in her floor if she didn’t stop walking around. Her thoughts were consumed with horrible thoughts. When she had exited the bathroom while toweling her hair, she had found she was missing one robot out of two. B.A.P had tried to explain to her that Zelo had suddenly ran out of the room with no explanation.

Zelo, though a computer, was an idiot when it came to human interaction. What if someone tries to hurt him? His mind was still developing and fragile and in turn was easily influenced. How could she live with herself if she let such an innocent bot get hurt cause of her selfish words? Another underlying worry was what would Yong Guk do to her if he learned that his precious robot ran away?

Had she upset Zelo so much that he ran away from her? Did he hate her now? She felt like her chest was going to explode from guilt. B.A.P wasn’t much help since it didn’t know where Zelo had run off to. Her hair wasn’t even dry from her shower, but she grabbed her coat and got ready to scour the city looking for his blond little head. She was going to track him down and apologize for her harsh treatment and hope he would forgive her.

As she made her way out the door she bumped into Zelo’s chest. She looked up at him in wonderment before squeezing his body tightly into a hug.

“You ing idiot,” she said, her words muffled by his chest. She had promised herself to treat Zelo kinder, but the insult just came out naturally.

“Noona, I’m sorry about being unlucky.” Zelo apologized.

“ing idiot.” she cursed at him again, releasing him from her hug.

“Ne, noona, here you go.” Zelo grabbed her hand and placed the four leaf clover in it. “I know four leaf clovers are lucky to humans. According to legend, each leaf represents something: the first is for faith, the second is for hope, the third is for love, and the fourth is for luck.” Those were his last words before Zelo’s vision started to fade. His battery dwindled down to nothing and he collapsed.


Probably less frequent updates while I focus on school. And everyone hating on Block B just pissed me off.  Excuse my sad attempt at romantic progression within the story.