4% Processing

30% Battery Life

Zelo blinked his eyes to adjust them to the brightness of the room. His mind was working a thousand miles a second to understand the new world around him. The android turned his head, scanning the small room and memorizing each and every thing.

A noise caught Zelo’s attention, it was a light beeping sound. He finally noticed the small robot in his hand. Zelo tilted his head curiously, what was this thing? He brought the object closer to his face evaluating it and its features. Zelo assessed it as nothing but another machine. He placed B.A.P down the floor and got up from his seat on the floor. His movements were wobbly and unstable, similar to a newborn deer taking their first steps. He placed his hands on the wall to steady himself and his shaking legs.

He tried to take another step, and this time it was good. The blond attempted for another baby step to get a hang of walking. He wasn’t getting very far nor going very fast, but he was starting to improve.

From down below B.A.P watched with excitement as his robot companion began to move. However that joy soon turned to horror as the blond came crashing down. B.A.P tried to run from the falling giant as he was caught in his range. As Zelo came closer to the floor and B.A.P, the looming shadow over B.A.P grew. Oh how the smaller robot cursed the stubby legs Yong Guk had designed.

B.A.P only made it one centimeter in distance when Zelo had landed on top of him.

Most people would have groaned at taking such a landing, but Zelo had no pain receptors and just laid on the floor. He was creating an elaborate plan for his next experimental test walk. Zelo was deep in his thoughts, running several different scenarios when a foreign voice spoke, “Oh my God, are you okay?”

Zelo’s eyes wandered to the owner of the voice and found a girl hunched down by him with a worried expression. He carefully retained the subtle wrinkles in her face that created the emotions.

“The damage was minimal and-” he was informing her of the situation when she pushed his body over, causing him to roll.

“B.A.P!” She screamed sounding quite alarmed. “How are you?” In her hands was the robot from earlier. She cradled him gently and sighed. Her expression was gentle and sweet; Zelo recognized it as compassion.

He watched as the girl brought the slightly damaged robot to her desk. The girl pulled out a tool box from a drawer and steadily began work on B.A.P. He caught the careful movements of her wrist as she turned the screw driver in hand. From his spot on the floor he could only view her back while she repaired the damage, but it was a fascinating sight. Her hair fell over her shoulders and she was slouched slightly. The lamp on her desk casted a light upon her hair, giving it a beautiful glow along with her skin.

When the girl had completed her task she gave off a satisfied sigh and smiled at B.A.P, “You’re one lucky robot B.A.P, if Yong Guk had been a cheapskate and made you out of plastic you’d be dead about now.” She smiled at the robot who responded thankfully towards her with a salute. She laughed, but her expression became grim as she turned around in her chair and came face to face with Zelo.

“Aren’t you supposed to finish charging tomorrow?” She raised an eyebrow and glanced at the disconnected cord.

“It seems to be that my initial charge has been completed and surpassed the time expectancy originally planned.” Zelo responded. The girl had a hard time taking what Zelo said seriously as he still laid against the floor and looked like a child in Yong Guk’s large clothes.

“Hm... I guess that’s another thing Yong Guk can’t do; count.” She shrugged and got up from her chair to help Zelo up. She grunted again as this was the second time that day she had to help up the heavy A.I.

“Let’s see, what was I supposed to do after you finished charging?” The human asked herself, trying to recall what she read earlier.

29. And as you read from number 28 that is why I dislike trees, speaking of trees, tell Zelo trees are stupid.

She searched the back of her mind, that couldn’t possibly be right. She left to grab the book she had thrown onto her bed and reread it carefully.

29. And as you read from number 28 that is why I dislike trees, speaking of trees, tell Zelo trees are stupid and that he is far superior to them.

That still didn’t make sense to her, but then again Yong Guk never really did. The girl tossed the guide back onto her bed with a light thump and stared at Zelo herself. She wondered who Yong Guk had used for the model of his cyborg. It was a bit queer of him to create a male bot, especially one so darling looking. The gentle curls in his hair gave him a prince charming effect but his cheeks which still seemed to hold subtle hints of baby fat, though not very obvious, made him look younger. His body was very thin, however that didn’t seem to stop the fact that he was taller than her by a good few inches. She also observed how deathly pale he was and how slender his jawline was. Her gaze traveled to his eyes, also taking notice of the detail Yong Guk had paid, as the ends of his eyes turned up slightly, giving him a feline look, yet it was quite attractive.

“Is it human custom to greet people by staring?” Zelo blinked, genuinely curious.

“Tell me, Zelo, how old are you supposed to be?” She blatantly ignored his question and asked her own in return.

“As of now about ten minutes and twenty seven seconds.”

“Well oka-” Zelo interrupted her, as he wasn’t finished yet.

“and twenty eight seconds, and twenty nine seconds, and thirty seconds....” Zelo continued to count.

“Yeah, yeah I get it.” she sighed, “God, you made me forget what I was going to say,” she mumbled. She clicked her tongue and tried to remember. Zelo noticed how she tilted her head and the way her eyes looked up at the ceiling, as if searching for the answer up there. Zelo imitated her motions too, wondering if something was on the ceiling. The girl caught sight of his gesture and laughed softly to herself. Deciding that her train of thought from earlier would not come back any time soon, she decided to move on and ask a few more questions.

“Do you know who created you?”

“Yong Guk hyung.”

“What year is it?”

“2012.”

“Log base 3 of 7 minus log base 3 of 9 condensed is?”

“Log base 3 of 7 divided by log base 3 of 9”

“What is the ideal gas law?”

“PV=nRT”

“Joseph Stalin was?”

“The communist dictator that ruled all of Russia after the death of Lenin in 1924. Shall I list to you his reasons of coming into power?” Zelo asked.

“No, that won’t be necessary. Okay, moving on; Who am I?”

“Yong Guk hyung’s girl friend.”

“If a train leaves the station at five o’ clock and takes a stop at King’s Cross Station in London at- wait what?” The girl discontinued her question and blinked. “I’m not Yong Guk’s girlfriend...”

“Oh, I must be in the wrong household then.” Zelo stated blankly and made his way to the door, although his steps were flawed and he swayed left and right as he walked.

“Hold it there Mr. Robot.” The girl took a hold of his wrist and rolled her eyes in exasperation, “As far as I’m concerned, Yong Guk has been single all his life aside from the possible dolls he may or may not have confessed to making.”

“What you say is true, as to my knowledge hyung has never dated any girl.” Zelo rattled off.

“Then explain to me what role do you think I play in Yong Guk’s life?” She eyed the young blond, wondering what information the inventor had inputted into his bot.

“You are Yong Guk’s best friend. You met freshmen year of high school when Yong Guk was busy reading a book and coincidentally crashed into you. After that, Yong Guk continued to collide into you on several occasions and one day you finally exchanged names. That same day later, your name was signed up for the Robotics Club at school.” Zelo recited off the top of his head.

The girl nodded her head, “That sounds about right, but that doesn’t mean I’m his girlfriend.”

“You’re a girl and you’re his friend though...” Zelo looked perplexed, not understanding her words, “Unless you are in fact a boy, and then that means you’re boyfriends.” Zelo tried to comprehend his new found knowledge.

Never before since that time Yong Guk had bought her tampons as a birthday present, had she wanted to slam her head against a wall so badly. She finally understood Zelo’s third grade logic. “Oh, never mind I was kidding. Yeah, I’m Yong Guk’s girlfriend.” Saying the words sent shivers down her spine. Out of disgust or pleasure, she did not know, but most likely the former.

The girl checked the time and saw it was around ten.

“C’mon, let’s go out for a stroll while I explain to you the wonders of the world.” she went towards the door, “And by the way, since you’re only ten minutes old, that makes me your noona.”

“Actually, I'm about  fifteen minutes old now.” Zelo corrected her.

“Details, details~” She smiled and went to grab her coat, “Go say bye to your hyung before we leave.” she exited out to the living room.

“Bye, hyung.” Zelo waved to B.A.P who waved back. 


So my high school had a lock down today around 2 pm and I had to evacuate my school. We all got to leave early, but the process of signing out and waiting in a huge mass of people that kept pushing me around was horrible. Also before we had to move to the football field I had to crouch under my tiny desk for a while. The signing out process took like half an hour since there were so many people. I finally left at 3:09 pm, which cause I usually get out at 3:12 on normal days. There were police cars, an ambulance and parents waiting outside the school. Kind of dramatic seeing as the threat was off campus and nothing happened. But hey, I got to miss seventh period woo. for people who have only six periods and had to stay an hour later at school O3O

End rant.