21% I Call Him Gary

30% Battery Life

The rain clouds had not left their position in the skies. The pitter patter of rain still resounded clearly, their artillery of raindrops never ceasing. Mother nature was showing no mercy upon the poor souls. It had only been an hour since the creation of the Woodland Creatures Pact, but it seemed like everyone had already separated into their own sub-groups based on their animals. There was one made only of rodents, another of birds, and then that based on cuteness. Daehyun was apart of none of these.

“Okay, everyone but Daehyun is apart of the Animals United. Agreed.” Yong Guk adjourned the meeting. He swung Zelo’s arm as if it were a gabble. They all dispersed from the circle and went off to enjoy her snacks, which she never offered.

Daehyun rolled his eyes at yet another alliance he was alienated from. He was still tightly tucked within Him Chan’s sleeping bag. He rubbed his face against the cotton like material and sighed contently and let his eyes flutter shut. He was far too lazy to participate in the meetings all the animals were holding. He supposed that alpha wolves were also meant to be lone wolves as well. He peeked an eye open, searching for his mate, but found his blond idiot nowhere to be found. He got up from his bed and searched around the massive tent.

His eyes fell upon the group of teens drowning in junk food and wrestling each other over a chip. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he was not imagining Yong Guk biting the girl’s arm to make her release a bag of jelly beans. He scanned over the idiots, but could not find his own.

The lazy blond staggered out of the mess of a bed and got to his knees. He stretched his tired joints and dragged himself to the the tent’s entrance, avoiding all of the empty packages of food littering the ground. He stuck his head out of the tent curiously, eyes roaming the area for a familiar person. The rain had lighten up a bit, but not enough for people to endure for long periods of time. The pungent scent of rain water was a very drastic contrast from the smell of candy that thickly coated the tent.

Daehyun yawned, his jaw nearly dislocating. He could see almost nothing except the vastness of the campsite and trees. A think layer of mist fell upon everything, causing a light grey coloring everywhere. He could feel the drops of rain trail down from his hair and down his neck. He shivered under the weather conditions. Only about a minute out and his hair was pretty damp. It was amazing he was even searching for as long as a minute at that. He was close to retreating back in when he spotted the faint silhouette of a male hunched over by a bush. The alpha wolf squinted his eyes, trying to get a better view past all the rain.

It was difficult to focus on the person when the rain tried to invade his sight and continued to attack him. Growing tired, he decided to venture out to the male rather than become soaked by staring. Before walking out he quickly went to Him Chan’s belongings and grabbed his jacket to act as a shield from the rain fall. He held Him Chan’s leather jacket above himself and strolled at a leisurely pace to the boy. As the boy got into closer view, Daehyun was sure that it was Him Chan.

The boy was crouched over by a patch of grass near by a bush. He looked distracted as he stared down at the shrubbery. His head was tilted slightly, showing his curiosity.

“What are you doing?” Daehyun asked in his monotonous voice, leaning down to eye level with the male.

Him Chan, frightened by the sudden presence, jumped back in fright, falling onto the drowning bush. The leaves rustled under his weight and water fell from the leaves, further wetting the male. At first he had a look of shock on his face, but it soon dissipated to horror as he immediately sprung up to his feet and searched the bush in fear. “Oh God, oh God, oh God.” Him Chan muttered under his breath as he checked his body and the plant.

Daehyun blinked away his confusion and eventually realized what the wet boy was looking for so earnestly. Clinging onto Him Chan’s shoulder was a small garden snail, holding on for dear life as Him Chan twisted his body wildly.

“Yo, hold still.” Daehyun instructed as he got to his feet and walked towards Him Chan. He lowered the jacket he was using as protection, on to himself, having it hang loosely off his body. He then leaned into the other male, their faces only a few inches apart. The frantic blonde's eyes widened at their sudden close proximity. Daehyun’s hand brushed his shoulder as he unlatched the creature from the boy’s body.

“Here’s your little buddy.” Daehyun said, holding up the snail that sat happily on his steady palm. The creature barely took up a third of his palm, the majority of its body was made up of its round brown shell with specks of white coloring. The snail itself was a pale yellow in color and its tiny tail peeked out barely from under its shell. Its small antennas were moving, surveying the higher elevation, enjoying the foreign view of a giant.

An illuminating smile broke out on Him Chan’s face as he calmed his erratic breathing. Him Chan was deathly scared he had possibly injured, or worse killed, the small thing when he fell. He gently nudged at the snail’s shell, “Sorry for almost crushing you.”

Daehyun rolled his eyes at Him Chan’s childish behavior and bent down to set the snail back onto the grass. He had waited for the snail to crawl down, but he grew too impatient and almost had flung the small thing fifty yards in annoyance if Him Chan hadn’t held him back.

“You seriously had to find the slowest snail out there, huh?” Daehyun asked staring at the thing. It hadn’t moved since they set it down.

Him Chan brushed away his soggy bangs that stuck to his face and shrugged, “You don’t choose the snail, the snail chooses you.”

“Pfft.” Daehyun pursed his lips, “I bet any snail I found would be faster than yours.”

“Sure, whatever, Daehyun.” Him Chan said, watching his little friend. He was back on the ground, scrunched over the gastropod.

“Do you wanna bet?” The still standing male asked. He smirked and showed off his sharp canines.

Him Chan didn’t look away from his snail and simply held out his hand for Daehyun to shake. “What are the stakes this time?”

“The usual.” He said as he took his friend’s hand and shook it.


Pretty short chapter...

So appreantly the next chapter will involve snail races .___. okay. And seriously, what is with all my random Daehim stuff e___e Pardon my lazyness over springbreak. I've mostly spent my time re-watching old Cartoon KAT-TUN episodes and reblogging everything on tumblr.

btw any of you guys ship Daehyun and Him Chan in my story? idk how I feel about them......