20% Woodland Creatures Pact

30% Battery Life

She groaned as her eyes unwillingly opened to the view of a deathly dark tent. She didn’t know what time it was, but judging from her lackluster vision, it was no where near morning. Her eyes felt heavy as she blinked. There was always that surreal feeling of waking up in the middle of the night.

She yawned as she looked over to Yong Guk who was bundled up in her spare blanket. He was only about a foot away from her. The sheet had originally been for herself to accompany her sleeping bag, but Yong Guk had snatched it away for himself. To make up for the loss of the extra warmth, she had gone to bed with her hoodie on. Reluctantly, her gaze left the snoring male, and to Zelo who had shut himself down by the edge of the tent. Even in the darkness, his golden curls could be seen. She smiled at his sleeping form, until her eyes landed on a shivering Him Chan.

She rubbed her eyes. Was she still in a daze from her dreams? She could have sworn that Daehyun and him had been sharing a sleeping bag. She glanced at the other male, who was thoroughly enjoying having the whole bag to himself. His whole body was spread out lazily, taking up all the room the comforter had to offer. With her own deduction, she concluded that Daehyun had awoken some time and kicked Him Chan out for his own selfish gains.

She could hear Him Chan’s faint sniffles, and sighed. How pathetic would it be if he caught a cold from first night of the outing? Without sympathy, she roughly pulled the blanket off of Yong Guk’s body and and went to place it on the other blond. Her steps were clumsy as sleep still consumed most of her body and her nerves continued to snooze. Carefully, she draped the cover over his body and watched as his shakes died down a bit.

As she snuggled back against the warm fabric of her own sleeping bag, she wondered how the next day would unfold. If anything, she hoped there would be s’mores.

“Hey,” a scratchy voice, which sounded like it had been covered in gravel, called out to her, “what happened to my blanket?”

She burdensomely flipped over and stared at Yong Guk, whose eyes were barely a millimeter apart. “You’re having a dream. Now shut up.” Her words were followed by another quick yawn.

Yong Guk’s face was still paralyzed with sleep and made no reaction to her words. His face was frozen within the Sunggyu effect, “Why is my dream so cold...?” he slurred, his lips not even making the effort to properly enunciate.

“Go back to sleep.” She closed her eyes, trying to follow her own advice.

“But I’m cold.”

Without another word, she made a weary grab for Yong Guk’s arm and pulled the large body to her. She included Yong Guk within her nest of warmth to quiet his whining. Yong Guk moaned happily at the new change in temperature and snuggled closer to the heat source. He wrapped his arms around her waist and hugged her like a pillow. She didn’t complain as her thoughts became less and less lucid.

As everyone dreamed of whatever they pleased, a dark cloud descended into the forest’s sky. Like a silent enemy, they invaded the camp and with their weapons, pelted all of the students’ tents. Enemy fire fell down upon the teens, rain knocking on their door. Heavy downpour. The skies were begging entrance into their peaceful sleep.

Rain dropped, and the young men continued to snore until the afternoon sun tried to peek over the cloudy skies. The whole sky was gray, no patches of blue. They didn’t even look like clouds, but the heavens itself.

Plants eagerly greeted the water, their leaves twirling with the breeze.. Petals acted as hands to catch the wonderful life source. The trees surrounding the people unleashed new scents as they became washed with the wet weather conditions. Their bark darkened in color and the air was thick with the pleasant smell of the wet rocks and greenery.

It would be a tranquil day as everyone spent the majority of it with their friends indoors. The weather induced bonding would hold many new memories. It was like the weather had heard the teachers’ prayers of a day of silence.

Unfortunately, the rain brought nothing but headaches for her.

“Since we’ve all barged into my tent, I expect everyone to give me respect.” A very agitated girl announced to the group wreaking havoc within her temporary living space. She had a commanding tone to her words, yet none of the boys paid attention as they raided her snacks.

Random items were littered around and things thrown through the air. “ing animals,” she grumbled as she sat down onto her sleeping bag in exhaustion. A zoo. She was living in a zoo, that only housed pigs, with the exception of maybe Jong Up and Young Jae. The two were quietly sharing an outdated comic book with some superhero in too tight tights.

“We’re not animals. We’re men.” Yong Guk clarified, stuffing his face with her bag of trail mix, crumbs falling down his shirt as he talked. He had a tendency to speak with his mouth full. It was another habit he never bothered to fix.

“Ugh, well since you’re all here, what do you wanna do?” The girl kicked back, laying on her sleeping bag.

“Nothing.” Daehyun mumbled from beneath the sheets of his many blankets. Ever since the others had began getting up, he had not moved a single inch. Needless to say, Him Chan had thrown a tantrum at the discovery that he was all the way on the other side of the tent.

She rolled her eyes at the predictable response, “You’re just like a lazy house cat.”

“I prefer to think I’m like the alpha wolf. I don’t have to do cause I’m so great.” He moaned, stretching his limbs out, still laying contently on top his comforter.

“HAH. If you’re the alpha wolf, then I’m papa bear.” She scoffed at his comparison, ignoring Yong Guk who was shuffling through her bag of snacks again.

“Papa bear? Don’t you mean mama bear?” Zelo corrected her gender. “Is this like the boyfriend-girlfriend subject again?” He tilted his head, something rattling inside. “Noona, you never did specify your gender to me.”

“Zelo, for the last time, I’m a female.” She pinched the bridge of her nose.

“Prove it.” Him Chan laughed at her statement, highfiving Daehyun who barely rose his arm up.

“Oh, she’s a girl alright.” A erted grin found its way up to Yong Guk’s face. He snickered childishly as an old memory came back to him.

“Keep it in your pants, Yong Guk.” The girl glared at his comment, or at least the way he said it.

“Keep what in his pants, noona?” Zelo chimed into the conversation when another topic he was confused about came up.

“My , young Zelo.” Yong Guk blurted to his robot

“?” Zelo repeated, pondering the word, “...Woodcock? Like the bird?” Zelo asked, trying to process the information. “The closest relatives of the typical snipes of the genus Gallinago?”

“Yes, Zelo... I’m a woodcock.” Yong Guk confirmed with a shrug, not wanting to infect Zelo’s hard drive anymore.

“You’re human though.” Zelo plainly stated from what was programmed into his circuits.

“Is he really...?” Daehyun drawled from his spot on the floor, rolling over to face Zelo. “I am an alpha wolf after all.” Daehyun pointed to Him Chan who was beside him, “This is my mate. She does all my hunting and nurses our pups.”

Him Chan glared and was about to speak, but Daehyun kept going, “She nags at me to go hunt, but how can I when she’s in heat? Her body begs for mine.” Daehyun groaned, as if Him Chan was the most annoying thing ever, “She whines like a too. I’m not sure how the pups manage to her milk without their sensitive ears bleeding.”

Him Chan was about to rebuttal him when he was once again cut short, “Please, he’s more like a badger. He’s so annoying and never stops talking and arguing.” The girl offered her two cents in. “Since you badger me so much, I think it suits you.” She flashed a fake smile at him, which immediately fell into a snarl.

The badger had a and he fell. “Huh... he’s playing dead like a badger too. Badgers do that right?” Young Jae asked, finally joining the conversation, lowering his comic.

“Possums play dead, not badgers.” Zelo recited, using his encyclopedia like mind.

“No. I like him better as a badger. But feel free to fake death outside my tent any time.” She casually waved a hand towards the door, gesturing for him to leave, but stopped abruptly as a light bulb appeared over her head. “Oh! I know. Let’s make a Woodlands Creatures Pact!” The seemingly interested girl suggested, losing her original train of thought. She was bored out of her mind within the testosterone filled tent and begged for some sort of distraction.

“So Yong Guk is the Woodcock. Daehyun is the wolf. Him Chan’s the badger.. and you’re papa bear..?” Yong Jae organized her thoughts, remembering what was uttered while he was reading. He spoke sheepishly, feeling neglected in the circle of friends. “What about Jong Up and I..?” He clutched a random pillow close to his body.

The girl, only catching a fragment of his sentence quickly thought on her feet. “Jong Up looks like a weasel. All in favor that Jong Up be the weasel in our alliance, say ‘Aye!’” Nobody raised their hand. She leaned over to Zelo’s clueless frame and whispered in his mechanical ear. “Raise your hand.” She ordered the curly blond boy.

Zelo’s hand instantly shot up, ready to please his noona.

Jong Up who watched the entire conversation play out with minor interest only continued to smile. He didn’t deny his animal counterpart nor did he say anything to favor it.

Young Jae hid his frown behind his pillow. He wanted an animal too.

She glanced over to poor Young Jae, understanding his thoughts. It was just too much fun to tease the poor boy. Perhaps Daehyun’s sadistic streak was rubbing off on her.

She let the boy wallow in his self pity some more before showing any mercy.

“Young Jae, you can be Bambi.” She said with a smile.

“Bambi?” He asked, words muffled by the pillow.

“You know, like the Disney deer.” Yong Guk butted in, biting the head off of an animal cracker.

“Okay, then.” Young Jae smiled, “You should be a hedgehog then.” He suggested to the girl who was trying to ignore Yong Guk who was throwing animal crackers at her. The blond was yelling random Pokemon moves as he did so.

“Why am I a hedgehog?” She asked as she revolted against Yong Guk’s moves and threw Goldfish crackers at said male.

“Probably cause you’re as small as one.” Yong Guk laughed, catching one of her orange crackers in his mouth. “Or maybe it’s your lovely prickly nature.”

“Shut up, woodcock.” She glared just as Yong Guk landed a cracker into the opening of her shirt. “UGH.” She grunted at his childish antics.

Him Chan and Daehyun, who had zoned out of the conversation some time ago reentered, returning from their own bonding. “Wow, someone’s irritated easily. You on your period, little hedgehog?” Daehyun asked.

“Nah... her periods usually come at the ends of the month.” Yong Guk answered. “Pidgey used quick attack!” He tossed another cookie at her.

All the guys turned to look at Yong Guk, cept for Zelo who was storing away the new information for later use. For a while only the sound of rain hitting the tent filled the air, as no one dared to speak. Until finally, “How the hell do you know?” Him Chan asked, his face churned in disgust, even he wouldn’t go to the extent of learning about her period days.

Yong Guk blinked, stalling his attack on her, “What?”

“GO BACK TO YOUR DAMN QUARANTINE HOUSE.” Fifty or so Goldfish smacked him in the face, blinding him with orange. Yong Guk was just a small, blond dolphin in a sea of goldfish.

“Hyung!” The android called as Yong Guk suffocated from the mass of food.

“Shut up, Dodo Bird.”

She could not handle another day or hour trapped in a tent filled with imbeciles. God have mercy on her soul.


Random filler and bad humor.

  1. Yong Guk is Woodcock.
     
  2. Zelo is Dodo Bird
     
  3. Him Chan is Badger
     
  4. Jong Up is Weasel
     
  5. Daehyun is a Wolf
     
  6. Young Jae is Bambi (deer)
     
  7. She is Hedgehog