26% Trial and Error

30% Battery Life

Semi-edit


“Pineapple.”

“Access denied.”

 

“Girafe”

 

“Access denied.”

 

“Ramen”

 

“Access denied.”

 

“Rice pudding.”

 

“Access denied.”

 

“ID password ‘your love.’”

 

“Access denied.”

 

“Tigger.”

 

“The coolest animal and character to ever exist and ever will, but access denied.”

 

Wonderbread sighed as she and Zelo sat in the middle of her room. All the clothes were cleared away, leaving them in a little area of cleanliness, surrounded by a disaster zone of items. She stared deeply into the blonde’s eyes, trying to create some form of telepathy with the AI unit.

 

“Zelo, if you were Yongguk and you had robot, what would the password be?”

 

“Prom!” Zelo grinned largely.

 

The girl sighed, “Zelo, not now! That’s like a month away. I need the password!”

 

The robot pouted, his bottom lip protruding out with a slight quiver from which he learned from his extensive research on Korean dramas, “But that is the password, noona.”

 

“Stop trying to change the subject.” She scolded as she reached behind her and threw one of her many jackets at his face.

 

“Noona, are we going somewhere?” Zelo asked as he put one arm through the sleeve of the jacket.

 

She hummed affirmatively as she stood up to open the door leading out of her catastrophic room. She lifted up one of her arms to gesture for Zelo to exit first. And not one to disappoint, Zelo nearly ran out of the room in pure excitement. An adventure. Zelo was going on an adventure!

 

Except it was short lived as she slammed the door to his back.

 

Zelo clawed at the door. “Noona, I’m outside, not inside! You made a mistake! Adventures don’t happen indoors, they happen outdoors! I read Treasure Island!”

 

“There is no mistake, Zelo. Stay outside for a while.” her voice was muffled by the barrier of the door. She ignored the discrete scratchings coming from the door as Zelo continued to try to make his way inside like some neglected house cat.

 

A string of swears resounded from the bedroom and what sounded like a few objects crashing to the floor.

 

“Ahh... gravity. As Shakespeare would say ‘art thou a heartless shrew.”

“Ain’t no one talking about Shakespeare now, Zelo!”

 

“Noona can hear me!” Zelo exclaimed with delight, “Let’s brush up on our grammar because ‘ain’t no one’ is not the correct form to use in such a sentence!”

 

The door creaked open just a tiny bit (by five inches from what Zelo could tell). The bot wriggled in anticipation. ‘Adventure Time!’ Zelo thought as he waited to see his Noona’s figure to appear.

 

B.A.P stepped out (I bet you all thought I forgot about him. I sorta did.) and held a tiny robotic hand up as if to signal for him to stop and then proceeded to shake his head. Zelo understood this and sat down on the floor in dismay. No adventure. He is no Robinson Crusoe.

 

 

 

It’s a Monday and a dreadful day to be alive. It’s another day to have to deal with Zelo’s lockdown and Yongguk’s relative everyday gloating at school.

 

“So, did you find out the password yet?” He asked despite knowing the answer.

 

“Zelo thought the password was ‘prom,’ what an idiot. He may be able to recite the entire anatomy of a squid-- which by the way, he told me was not much --but he can not follow simple directions.”

 

Yongguk coughed in shocked, as if he was choking on his own spit, “Yeah. What an idiot.” He quietly mumbled to himself as he entered a note on his phone to remind him to change Zelo’s internet lockdown key.

 

“Well, any thoughts on prom then as long as we’re on the topic of it?” Yongguk subtly suggested to her.

 

She shook her head, “I’mma go to that popular tapioca place, you know with the hour wait, since everyone else will be gone. The rest of the night will be me, my drink, and maybe Zelo. I don’t know.”

 

“You’re not planning on going to prom?”

 

“Umm... no, why? I mean no one is going to ask me anyway.”

 

Yongguk sputtered before collecting his words, “B-but what if someone asks you and I mean you can go with your friends, too!”

 

She clicked her tongue, “Who’s going to ask me? Plus my only friend is you.” She glared.

 

Yongguk avoided eye contact with her as he continued to stare down the hall and at the lockers with some newfound determination. They walked in silence from there as they approached their shared locker. Because, really, who has time to remember their own combination when she can just mooch off of Yongguk. She hasn’t been to her locker since freshmen year.

 

They stopped in their tracks as a curious crowd of teens were apparently surrounding their locker. “What do you think’s happening?” She asked.

 

“Did you leave another sandwich in the locker, again?” Yongguk groaned as he remembered a recent incident.

 

The girl looked off into the distance trying to recall, but Friday seemed so long ago. “I don’t think so...” she said with uncertainty.

 

In the end the pairing shoved their way through everyone and was left pretty damn speechless at the floral pink sight decorating their locker. In red glitter the phrase ‘prom?’ was spelled out in the center. And next to it stood a man with blonde hair and a pink tuxedo.

 

The two just stared in confusion as the guy had his back turned to them.

 

Slowly he then turned around on his heel. In his hands was a bouquet of dandelions. And on his face was Himchan’s face (make no mistake. I meant what I said). He had an expectant look.

 

Yongguk tentatively began to speak, “Is this for me or...” An idea sparked in his head as he came to realize the situation at hand. He could not, would not, let Himchan take his best friend to prom. “YES!” He shouted overzealously, “I WILL GO TO PROM WITH YOU, HIMCHAN!”

 

“Ohhhh...” the girl dragged out her words, “I thought this was for me, but I guess that makes sense, he did decorate your locker.” she said.

 

“Y-yongguk’s locker?” Himchan stuttered in shock.

 

“My locker.” Yongguk confirmed with great passion. “To be clear we’re going as friends, though. I’m not gay.”

 

The crowd then started to clap for the same couple. They shouted and screamed in joy. They were a very accepting school. Wonderbread joined in, as well.

 

Himchan looked all around looking for help, but all he saw was a snickering Daehyun. The boy was standing on a pool of red glitter. Each time that he shook from laughter more glitter fell from him, adding onto the pile. “Traitor,” Himchan thought out loud.

 

The onlookers continued to cheer and Himchan felt trapped. If he rejected the man he would be hated, but if he didn’t, he’d end up going to prom with Yongguk.

 

“I’m so happy you said yes.” Himchan said through gritted teeth and with a strained smile. The two embraced and the crowed actually physically carried them away over the horizon, leaving Wonderbread alone.

 

In the distance she heard “BANGHIM! BANGHIM!” She chose to ignore that part, though.

 

The girl frowned, “Who am I going to get tapioca with now?” she asked while opening the locker without breaking the elaborate design on it. She stuffed the one textbook she had into her backpack, seeing as Zelo had hoarded the rest of them. She then closed it, only to be greeted with Daehyun’s face which was covered in sparkles.

 

“That’s a lot of glitter you got there.” She remarked

 

“So it is and this could all be yours if you go to prom with me.”

 

“Why are you asking me?” She eyed him up and down, but had to look away because the glitter was too bright.

 

“Because Himchan’s going and I spent a lot of time decorating this locker!” He pointed at the ugly pink and red mess. “Someone is going to wine and dine me for my hard work.”

 

“Let me think about it for a moment.” She paused for a second. She brought her hands to her chest in faux joy, “No.” she said with an angelic smile before walking away.

 

Unfortunately, Youngjae had the pleasure to be walking right by the locker then. And because he was the editor of the school newspaper, he took a snapshot of the decorated locker for the paper. He then continued to walk away like nothing happened, despite having fully seen the rejection, except Daehyun had other plans.

 

Grabbing the back of his nerdy cardigan he spun him around like one of those romantic comedies, “You. Me. Prom. Yes.”

 

Youngjae was left speechless. He eventually stammered a ‘no,’ but Daehyun said ‘yes.’ So Youngjae repeated his ‘no,’ but Daehyun said ‘yes.’ He tried one more time for a ‘no,’ but got a ‘yes.’ It was then settled that they were going to prom because yes. Youngjae was going to pay for all of it, however.

 

“I never agreed to this.”

 

“Shut up, prom date.”

 

“Do I really have to pay for all of it?”

 

“Shut up, prom date.”

 

“I don’t even know you!”

 

“Shut up, prom date.”

 

The girl then walked back, realizing she had left her lunch in her locker and did not want a repeat of her sandwich incident. She came upon the newly form quarrelling couple.

 

“God, does everyone have a date to prom?”

 

“TAKE MINE!” Youngjae shouted at her as Daehyun had him in a headlock.

 

“No. I’m not that desperate.” She quickly took out her food and ran off, leaving Youngjae to suffer alone.

 

She did not see Yongguk for the rest of the day. He ate lunch with Himchan, leaving her alone with Jongup, her only other friend. She couldn’t find Youngjae in the journalism classroom, assuming he was off hiding from Daehyun somewhere. All Wonderbread knew was that there was a line of red glittering running all around the halls of the school.

 

“Are you going to prom?” She inquired Jongup.

 

“No.” He replied dismally.

 

“Me neither.” She felt like kindred spirits with him. “You wanna go with me?” She asked as she poked at her food.

 

Jongup shook his head, “If we’re gonna go together then I should be asking you, shouldn’t I?”

 

“No, it’s fine.”

 

“No! I shall ask you!” He shouted in the most confident voice she had ever heard from him.

 

That following week Jongup surprised her at home with a flash mob from his dance team, their motto is “stronger than dumbbells, faster than treadmills.” It was the most elaborate dance she had ever seen. It was an original song called ‘Crash.’ He even got Himchan, Yongguk, Daehyun, Youngjae, and Zelo, to dance with him, too, somehow. Yongguk looked like he wasn’t having any fun as he messed up the dance multiple times. Zelo was utterly content. And the rest were just there.

 

It was settled that she will go with Jongup.

 

“Noona!” Zelo interjected, “What will I do when you’re at prom?”

 

“You can come too, but you have to raise your own money to go.”

 

“Lemonade stand!”

 

“No. Just sneak in. Zelo, really.”

 

“I need to retrieve the blue print data from the internet first. Please tell me the password to access the internet or the home wifi password.”

 

Still not knowing the restriction password Yongguk had set, she decided to give her home wifi and wondered why she had not done this earlier. “YonggukSucksBallz. With a ‘z.’”

 

“Password accepted. Downloading floor plans.”

 

“Excuse me?” Yongguk shouted.

 

“You’re excused, man who is going with Himchan to prom.”


By the way Myungsoo asked Koko to prom in emojicons, she said yes in emojicons. It was not a surprise. (Myungsoo: “Prom ヽ(ー_ー )ノ” Koko: “Yes. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)”)

 


Updated by request of Myungpit because she wanted it. Half of the genius from this chapter is from her, the stupid is from me. This chapter is really ehhh to me since it's mostly dialogue but whatever. Someone also asked me for daejae so I thought ok, whatever, plus I ship it, too. Wow it's been so long since I updated. I am prepared for the wave of unsubscribers. Also thanks to those who still commented and subscribed despite how dead this fic looked. Also, how do people even find this fic when I don't update?