Chapter 3: Uncle Kevin

Step Away From My Dad, Mister!

 

"Whoa this a lot of stuff for just one day." Kevin says, as Juyeon hands him four bags filled with baby stuff.

"Did you pack his whole room?" Kevin adds.

"No, just the essentials. Clothes, diapers, food, and his favorite toys. I just want to make sure he has everything. This is the first time we will be apart."

"Juyeon, he will be fine with me. I promise. Now, go have fun at work." 

Juyeon nods.

"Youngjae, be good to uncle Kevin. I will see you after work, I love you." Juyeon kisses his son's forehead before handing him over. 

Kevin and Youngjae wave to Juyeon before he goes off to work. 

"Welcome back Juyeon." Younghoon greets him as soon as he enters.

"Hey guys."

"Ready to get back to work?" Jaehyun asks, handing Juyeon a folder.

"Always."

Juyeon goes to sit at his desk and look at the case Jaehyun handed him. After a while, his mind wanders to Youngjae. 

"Kevin better be taking good care of him." 

Meanwhile, at Kevin's house, he reads over the list that Juyeon gave him. 

"Your dad sure has a lot of rules. I better follow them, he is very particular about things. It says the first thing you can do is play."

Kevin sets out Youngjae's blue blanket and his toys. 

"Okay Eric, here you go. This will enrich your brain."

He picks up a block and puts it in his mouth.

"Or help you get ready to eat solid foods later." 

Kevin takes the block away from Eric and show him how to stack it. When all four blocks are stacked, Eric knocks it down and laughs. 

"Hey you destroyed all my hard work." Kevin pouts.

Eric claps and continues laughing. 

"You're so precious. Taking care of you will be fun." Kevin responds.