Chapter 2: The Visit

Step Away From My Dad, Mister!

 

The next week, Juyeon's friends Jaehyun and Younghoon come to see Youngjae. All three of them own and work at a law firm together. When Juyeon told them about Youngjae, they gave him two weeks off and asked if they could visit after a week. So, here they are. 

"Where is he? We want to see the little angel." Jaehyun says, as soon as they enter the house.

"Good to see you too." Juyeon responds.

"Sorry about that, we're just excited to see your son. We got a gift for Youngjae."

"And we brought you a cake." Younghoon adds. 

Juyeon opens up the box to find a pair of footsie pajamas with teddy bears on it. 

"Thank you guys, Youngjae will love this. I'm feeding him right now, so follow me to the kitchen." 

They walk into the kitchen where Youngjae is sitting on his highchair at the dinner table, Juyeon sits next to him. 

"Oh my gosh, he is so cute!" Jaehyun gushes, as Juyeon feeds Youngjae a spoonful of peas and carrots. 

"Can I feed him?" Younghoon asks.

"Sure."

Younghoon takes the spoon and feeds Youngjae. 

Youngjae looks at Younghoon and touches his face, then smiles. 

"Awww, even Youngjae thinks you are handsome." Juyeon points out.

All three of them take turns feeding him until the jar is empty. Juyeon wipes his baby's face with the bib. 

"You don't seem all that tired Juyeon." Younghoon comments.

"Well, it has only been a week and he is a mellow baby so far." 

Youngjae starts waving his arms and babbling. 

"Can I hold him?" Jaehyun asks.

"Yeah." 

Juyeon takes Youngjae out of his high chair and hands him over to Jaehyun. He immediately starts crying, so Juyeon takes him back. 

"I barely held him."

"Maybe he just doesn't like you." Younghoon teases. 

"It's okay Youngjae, daddy is here. You don't have to be scared of uncle Jaehyun." 

Juyeon pats his back, unintentionally burping him, thus stopping his cries. 

"Oh, he just needed to be burped. Here, try holding him again." 

He takes Youngjae, and does not receive cries this time. 

"Hi Youngjae, you are so adorable." 

Youngjae giggles. 

"So now that dinner is over, what are you two up to now?"

"Just gonna relax for a bit, then give him a bath before bed."

"We can cut the cake if you guys want." Juyeon continues. 

Jaehyun and Younghoon say yes and begin cutting the vanilla cake and eating at the kitchen table. Youngjae tries to grab the spoon, but his dad stops him.

"You can't have cake yet Youngjae, you have to wait until you're older." 

The three of them eat cake and talk until it starts getting dark outside. 

"Well, I guess it is time for you to start getting Youngjae ready for bed. We have to get going too." Jaehyun says, as he and Younghoon get up.

"Thanks for stopping by guys, see you on Monday."

"We'll see you. Goodbye, take good care of Juyeon, Youngjae." 

Juyeon sees them out, waving and closing the front door. 

"Let's get you ready for bed Youngjae." 

Juyeon heads upstairs to the bathroom and begins to fill the tub with water and bath soap. Once there is enough water, Juyeon rolls up his pant legs and picks Youngjae up, putting him in the water while he sits on the edge of the tub. 

"Let's start with your hair." 

Juyeon grabs the shampoo and puts a little bit in his hand before rubbing it in his son's hair. 

"Now we can tip your head back to wash out the shampoo." 

Juyeon pours water from a bowl onto Youngjae's head, making sure to avoid his eyes. He sees Youngjae smile.

"Awww, do you like the warm water and bubbles Youngjae?" Juyeon says, as he pours on more water to get all of the shampoo out. 

After Youngjae is nice and squeaky clean, Juyeon dries him with a towel and takes him to his room to put on pajamas. Juyeon puts baby powder and a diaper on him before picking pajamas. 

"Oh, let's try on the new pajamas uncle Jaehyun and uncle Younghoon brought over."

When Youngjae is fully dressed, Juyeon admires how cute he looks.

"You look adorable in those pajamas Youngjae, your uncles have good taste." 

Juyeon picks him up and they sit down in the rocking chair in the corner of the room together so Juyeon can read to help his son fall asleep. Halfway through The Three Little Pigs, he is fast asleep. 

"Good night Youngjae, I love you." Juyeon whispers, as he kisses Youngjae's forehead and places him in his crib.