Chapter 10: Boy Meets Dad's Boyfriend

Step Away From My Dad, Mister!

 

After a while of dating Chanhee, Juyeon decides that he should meet Eric before they move things any further in their relationship. So they decide to have dinner together at Juyeon's house one Saturday evening. Honestly, Eric is not excited to meet Chanhee. To him, Chanhee is the man that takes away some of Juyeon's attention. Eric thinks that Juyeon's attention should mostly be for him and only him, he is very attached to his dad. Eric makes up a plan to try and chase Chanhee away so that more of Juyeon's attention will go back to Eric like before. 

"He's here! He's here!" Juyeon exclaims, running excitedly to the front door. 

Juyeon opens the front door to see his boyfriend, looking beautiful like always. 

"Hi honey." Juyeon says. 

"Hey handsome." Chanhee replies, before Juyeon kisses him. 

He enters the house and Juyeon closes the door behind him.

"So, where is Youngjae?"

"He is upstairs playing in his room. Youngjae, come down here it's time for dinner." 

Eric comes down and walks over to them.

"Hi, Youngjae. Your dad has told me so much about you." 

"Only daddy calls me Youngjae." Eric responds, hiding behind Juyeon's leg. 

"Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like me to call you Eric?"

Eric just continues to hide behind his dad.

"I'm sorry, he is usually such a talkative boy." Juyeon says. 

"Maybe he is just shy since it is our first meeting." 

"Well, dinner is ready. I made spaghetti, so follow me to the kitchen." 

Juyeon tries to walk, but Eric just won't let go. 

"Youngjae, you have to let go now." 

"Carry me." Eric responds, with his arms out. 

Juyeon picks his son up and carries him to the kitchen, setting him down in his chair. Eric hops out of his chair and sits on Juyeon's lap. 

"No, Youngjae. You have to sit in your own chair like a big boy." 

Eric knows no means no with Juyeon, but he is still determined to have all of Juyeon's attention and hopefully drive Chanhee away. So, during dinner he eats his spaghetti with his hands. 

"Youngjae, don't eat like that, you'll get all messy."

"Feed me." Eric says, mouth open to show his chewed up food.

"You can feed yourself. You're a big boy, remember?"

Eric keeps eating with his hands. 

"Youngjae, eat with your fork or you are not getting any dessert." 

Eric loves dessert, but he loves his dad even more, so he continues his plan of getting Chanhee to leave by being messy and even throwing his food around. 

After dinner, Eric does not get to have his usual ice cream. 

"But daddy." Eric whines.

"No, Youngjae. Daddy told you to behave and you did not listen, so you don't get any ice cream." 

After eating dessert and watching some television, it is time for Chanhee to go. 

"I had fun tonight." Juyeon says to Chanhee, as they stand by the front door together. 

"Me too. It was nice getting to spend time together and meeting Eric." 

"Call me when you get home." Juyeon says. 

Chanhee nods and they kiss before he goes. Juyeon closes the front door and walks up to his son's room. 

"Okay Youngjae, time for your bath."

"Already?"

"Yes, you are covered in sauce. You have to take your bath now." Juyeon replies, taking Eric's hand and leading him to the bath. 

Eric goes through his bath toys as Juyeon draws his bath, making sure the water is warm and that he adds Eric's favorite Elmo bath soap. 

When the bath is ready, Juyeon places Eric and his bath toys in. 

"Daddy, look at how fast my boat can race." Eric says, moving the boat in his hands across the water as fast as he can.

"That's a new record." 

Eric smiles, happy that his dad also sees how fast the boat is. 

"So, how do you like Mr. Chanhee?" Juyeon brings up.

"He's alright." Eric answers, not wanting to say something that might offend his father. 

"I'm happy to hear that. I knew you would like him. In fact, you are probably going to seeing more of him. Mr. Chanhee and daddy are going to spending time here together from time to time." 

"What? He is going to be with my daddy? In my house? Right in front of me?" Eric thinks.

Well, that's not a problem. That just makes it easier for Eric to annoy Chanhee and ensure that he drives him away forever.