Chapter 17: Propose

Step Away From My Dad, Mister!

 

A couple weeks after talking to Eric, Juyeon puts that plan that Eric came up with into action. It turns out that his son came up with a great way to propose to Chanhee. 

"Hello?" Chanhee answers. 

"Hi, Chanhee." 

"Oh, hi sweetheart. What's going on?"

"Nothing much. I just wanted to talk to you about something."

"What is it?"

"Can you do me a favor?" 

"Anything. What do you need?"

"I have to go to an important meeting all day next Saturday and I was wondering if you could watch Youngjae for me while I'm gone?" Juyeon answers. 

"Next Saturday? Sure, I can watch the little guy for you." Chanhee answers. 

"Thank you so much, you are the best. I love you."

"I love you too." Chanhee replies, before they both say bye and hang up. 

"Did he says yes?" Eric asks. 

"Yeah, step one of your plan is complete." Juyeon replies, ruffling Eric's hair. 

Eric is so excited, he cannot wait for next week to arrive. While he is at school on Friday, he tells his friends about it. 

"Why are you so excited today, Eric?" Hyunjoon asks. 

"Because my daddy is going to ask Mr. Chanhee to marry him. Now I will have two daddies."

"Having two daddies is the best." Sunwoo says.

"Yeah, you get double the love and attention. Daddies also make you cupcakes, take you camping, and going fishing with you." Hyunjoon adds. 

"You're going to love having two daddies." 

"I know." Eric agrees.

The next day, it is time for step two of the plan to propose to Chanhee. At noon, Chanhee comes by to watch Eric. 

"Hi honey. Thank you so much for watching Youngjae today for me."

"No problem. Have fun at work." Chanhee replies, kissing Juyeon before he leaves for work. 

As Chanhee closes the front door, Eric comes running down to greet him. 

"Mr. Chanhee! Mr. Chanhee!" Eric exclaims, running up to Chanhee for a hug. 

"Hello, Eric." Chanhee replies, hugging Eric back. 

The first thing they do is put together a puzzle. 

"Look, it's a spaceship!" Eric says, once they have finished the puzzle. 

"Yes, you did such a good job putting all the right pieces together." Chanhee praises. 

Just then, the cuckoo clock in the house goes off.

"It's noon, that means it is time for your lunch. What do you want today?" Chanhee says. 

"Mini corn dogs, please." 

"Alright, let's go to the kitchen." 

Chanhee gives Eric mini corn dogs, milk, and then some grapes for dessert. 

Afterwards, Eric wants to play hide-and-seek.

"Do you want to hide first or seek?"

"I wanna hide." Eric answers. 

"Okay. I will count to twenty while you hide." 

Eric nods and runs away to hide. 

When twenty seconds pass, Chanhee sets out to look for Eric. 

"Eric, where are you?" Chanhee calls out. 

He checks behind the couch, the front yard, and the cabinets in the kitchen, but Eric is not there. Eric is also not in his room, so Chanhee goes to Juyeon's room. As soon as he opens the door, he sees Juyeon standing in the middle of the room. 

"Juyeon? What are you doing home? I thought you were working today." 

"I'm not, that was just part of the plan." Juyeon answers, walking over to Chanhee to hold his hand.

"What plan?"

"Chanhee, I love you so much. You mean a lot to me and my son, I want the three of us to be together forever. I want to grow old with you, and always have you by my side." Juyeon begins. 

Juyeon gets down on one knee and then takes a ring out of his pocket. 

"Choi Chanhee, will you marry me?" 

"Oh my gosh. Yes, Juyeon. I will marry you." Chanhee replies, with tears in his eyes. 

Juyeon places the ring on Chanhee's finger and stands back up to wipe his tears away for him. Juyeon cups Chanhee's face a places a kiss on his lips. 

"I'm so glad you said yes." 

"How could I not say yes? I love you more than anything." Chanhee answers, before they kiss again. 

"Daddy, he said yes. Mr. Chanhee said yes! Does that mean I have two daddies now?" Eric says, running into the room. 

"Yes, it does." Juyeon smiles, picking Eric up.

"Hello, new dad." Eric says to Chanhee, with his hand out. 

"Hello, Eric." Chanhee responds, shaking Eric's hand. 

"Mr. Chanhee, now that you're married to my daddy and I can call you dad, you can call me Youngjae now instead of Eric." 

"Are you sure?" Chanhee asks. 

"Yes, I'm sure. Youngjae is what my dad calls me, and now that you are my dad too you can call me that." 

"Okay, Youngjae. I have one question for you though. Where were you hiding?" 

"In the laundry basket."

"Yup, that was all part of the plan. Thank you for giving me this great plan to ask Chanhee to marry me, Youngjae." Juyeon says. 

"You're welcome, Daddy." Eric replies, very proud of himself for coming up with a successful plan.