Chapter 1: Youngjae/ Eric

Step Away From My Dad, Mister!

 

Juyeon always wanted a child. It was his biggest dream after becoming a lawyer. Now that he is already a lawyer, and has a firm with his two friends Younghoon and Hyunjae, it is time for that next dream. 

After months of lengthy paperwork and a home inspection, Juyeon is finally allowed to pick up his baby from the adoption center. He sits in the waiting room of the adoption center nervously tapping his foot, thinking about what will happen when he finally meets the baby. What if the baby doesn't like him and starts crying as soon as they meet? What if the adoption center changes their mind and gives the baby to someone else?

"Mr. Lee?" A woman calls, snapping Juyeon out of his anxious thoughts. 

"Yes?" 

"Here is your baby boy. His name is Youngjae." She says, handing him the baby. 

Juyeon holds the baby and looks down at him. The chubby baby is looking up at him and smiling. That angelic smile takes away all of Juyeon's anxious feelings, he is delighted with the fact that the baby seems to like him. 

"He is an angel." Juyeon states, smiling back at the baby. 

The adoption center even gives Juyeon some supplies to take home with Youngjae, such as clothes and diapers. 

The next day, Juyeon's friend Kevin comes over to visit. 

"Hey Juyeon." 

"Hi Kevin, come in." 

"So, where is the new baby?" Kevin asks, after Juyeon closes the front door.

"He is sleeping upstairs, follow me." 

They quietly walk upstairs and open the door to Youngjae's room, they tip toe over to his crib to avoid waking him up. 

"Oh my gosh, he is adorable." Kevin comments, looking into the crib. 

"His name is Youngjae." 

"He looks like an Eric to me, if he had an English name that would definitely be it." 

Kevin and Juyeon go back downstairs to talk so Youngjae can sleep peacefully.

"Sorry I couldn't go with you to pick him up yesterday. I had to deliver a work of art and it took a while to install." 

"That's okay, you'll have plenty of time to see him once I go back to work. You'll take care of him in a couple of weeks, right?"

"Yeah, as soon as you go back to work, I'll watch Eric for you." 

"Thanks Kevin."

"That's what best friends are for." Kevin smiles.