Chapter 16: The Preparation

Step Away From My Dad, Mister!

 

Juyeon has been dating Chanhee for a long while now. So long, that he thinks now is the right time to ask Chanhee to marry him. Before he can even think about doing that, however, he needs to make sure that Eric is okay with the decision since getting married means that Eric will have a new dad living with him. He discusses it with him at lunch time one day.

"Eric, can daddy talk to you about something?"

"Sure. What is it?"

"Well, you like Mr. Chanhee right?" Juyeon asks.

"Yeah, he is really nice. At first I didn't really like him, but now that I got to know him I'm glad that you met him and I like spending time with him too." 

"I'm so glad you feel that way. What would you think if daddy married him?" Juyeon questions. 

"What does that mean?"

"You know that princess movie we watched where she marries the prince and they live in the castle together? Well, getting married means that Mr. Chanhee will live with us and he will be your second daddy."

"I get to have two daddies?"

"Yeah, just like Hyunjoon and Sunwoo have two daddies, you will have two daddies when Mr. Chanhee and I get married."

Eric thinks about it, having two daddies sounds like fun. Mr. Chanhee is so nice to him, he has taught him how to ride a bike, plays games with him, and makes great cookies. Having him as a dad would be great.

"I like that. When are you guys going to get married?"

"Probably several months from now. I have to get some things ready before we can get married and I have to ask Mr. Chanhee to marry me first."

"Are you gonna give him a ring just like the prince did in the movie?" Eric asks. 

"Yeah."

"Oh, I know just how you can ask him to marry you." Eric says. 

"Really? Tell daddy what your idea is." 

Even though it seems like taking advice from a kid is not a good idea, Juyeon wants to at least hear his son's idea. Plus, Juyeon does not have a set plan yet anyway.