Chapter 11: Date Night

Step Away From My Dad, Mister!

 

"Good night, Youngjae. I love you." Juyeon says, as he tucks Eric in. 

"I love you too, Daddy." Eric replies, as Juyeon kisses his forehead. 

Juyeon leaves his son's room and goes down stairs, waiting for Chanhee to show up. 

When he finally arrives, they watch some television together. 

Eric is asleep while all of this is happening, but something wakes him up. It is like his Chanhee senses are tingling. Eric gets out of bed and goes to the staircase to see that Chanhee is in the living room with his father. Eric needs to get Juyeon's attention away from him again, so he comes up with a plan to pretend he had a nightmare. 

"Daddy! Daddy!" Eric yells, running down the stairs to Juyeon. 

"What's wrong, Youngjae? Did we wake you?"

"I had a nightmare, monsters were chasing me." Eric explains, holding onto Juyeon. 

Juyeon picks up Eric and hugs him, rubbing his back to calm him down. Juyeon mouths the words sorry to Chanhee, but he mouths back that it is okay. 

"Will you sing to me Daddy?" 

"Of course I will."

Juyeon sings Eric's lullaby, which is you are my sunshine. Since Eric is still awake afterwards, Juyeon decides to make him some warm milk. 

"Can you watch Youngjae while I go to the kitchen?" Juyeon asks, handing Eric over to Chanhee. 

"Sure." 

Juyeon only takes a few steps before Eric starts calling out to him.

"No! I want my Daddy." Eric whines. 

"Alright, you can help me. I will be right back, Chanhee." 

Juyeon picks Eric up, carrying him to the kitchen and sets him down at the table. 

"Sit here while I make some warm milk for you, okay?" 

Eric nods. 

When Juyeon finishes making the milk, he hands it to Eric and makes sure he drinks all of it. 

"Do you feel any better?"

"A little. Will you hold me? I'm still scared." 

Juyeon picks his son up and hugs him, trying to calm him down by singing to him. 

"Juyeon, is everything alright?" Chanhee, asks as he enters the kitchen. 

"Yeah, he's just a little scared still." 

Eric clings to Juyeon even tighter, making sure he won't let go. 

"You sing really beautifully." Chanhee comments, as he sits down next to Juyeon. 

"Really? I never thought of my singing as good, I just do it to help Youngjae fall asleep." Juyeon blushes. 

It is difficult for Eric to not fall asleep while Juyeon is holding him and after drinking an entire glass of warm milk, but he manages to hold on so he can take as much of Juyeon's attention as possible. Chanhee has to go home eventually, as long as he can stay up until then, Eric will have successfully ruined their time together. 

"Youngjae, do you feel sleepy yet?" Juyeon asks.

"Not yet daddy."

Juyeon sighs, since Eric usually doesn't take this long to fall asleep. Juyeon now has to go to his last resort. 

"I guess that means I have to take you on a car ride then." 

"Do you want to come with us, Chanhee? You don't have to if you don't want to." Juyeon adds.

"Sure, I'd love to go." 

Juyeon gets his keys and all three of them walk out to the car together to go for a drive. They drive around the neighborhood while one of Eric's sleepy time CDs plays in the car. Eric tries to fight the urge to fall asleep, but after about three lullabies, he finally gives in and goes off to dreamland. Juyeon looks into the mirror and sees that his son is asleep, so he drives back home and pulls into the driveway. He thinks that now is the perfect time to talk to Chanhee in case Eric wakes up while he carries him to his bed. 

"I'm sorry that our date turned out this way. It usually isn't this hard for me to get Youngjae to sleep." Juyeon says. 

"That's okay. He probably had a terrible nightmare. You're such a great dad for doing all of this for him." 

"I know we only have a little bit of time left before you have to go home, so I was wondering if you would like to have another date next Friday night? Youngjae has a sleepover at his friend's house that weekend, so we would be alone. We could have our own sleep over at my house." Juyeon suggests. 

"Just the two of us?"

"Yes, just the two of us from Friday evening to Saturday at noon." Juyeon confirms. 

"I would love that so much, of course I will." 

"Great, I can't wait." Juyeon replies, before he kisses Chanhee.