Chapter 9: For the First Time in 4Ever

Step Away From My Dad, Mister!

 

Juyeon is both excited and nervous for his date with Chanhee. This is his first date in a while, he hasn't had time to date since he had Youngjae. 

"How do I look?" Juyeon asks Kevin, who will be watching his son. 

"Pretty spiffy. Good luck on your date, I know that it has been a while." 

"I know, it's been years. Take good care of Youngjae." Juyeon responds. 

Juyeon hugs Eric before he leaves. 

"When will you be back, Daddy?" 

"When you wake up tomorrow morning, Daddy will be right here." Juyeon answers. 

"Okay, have fun on your date. I love you." Eric says, kissing his cheek. 

"I love you too, be good to your uncle." 

Juyeon leaves, driving to Chanhee's apartment to pick him up for the date. He knocks on the door and his eyes meet a beautiful sight. Which is Chanhee, he is wearing a deep blue shirt and black pants that fit him perfectly. Even more stunning than his outfit is that beautiful smile of his, it is like he has the face of an angel. Juyeon's jaw drops, but he catches himself. 

"Hi, Chanhee. You look really nice."

"Thank you, Juyeon, so do you." 

"Thanks. I got you this flower." Juyeon replies, handing him a red tulip. 

"It's beautiful, just let me put it in some water and then we can go." 

For their date, they walk around town like Juyeon promised. Juyeon shows Chanhee stores, a pet shelter, and the many restaurants there are around town. They eventually decide to stop by a cafe. They share a slice of strawberry cake and both of them have tea. 

"So you like strawberries too?"

"Yeah, especially on cake. It makes it looks so pretty." Chanhee replies. 

They continue to talk about things, including work and hobbies until it starts to get late. 

"Well, we should probably get going before the shop closes." Juyeon says, with his hand out for Chanhee. 

Chanhee accepts and they walk out of the cafe together so they can head home. 

"I hope you liked seeing the town tonight." Juyeon says, as they are outside of Chanhee's apartment. 

"I did, we really should do this again. Maybe we can see a movie or have dinner together? Even just going for a walk would be fine."

Juyeon is happy to hear that Chanhee would like to spend time with him again. He really had a lot of fun with Chanhee, he has such a warm personality that Juyeon really likes to be around. 

"I would love to do this again. When you have time, just call me." 

Chanhee nods and is silent for a second. Then he bites his lips before looking down. 

"Juyeon.... can I.... kiss you?" Chanhee asks, now looking into Juyeon's eyes again. 

"I know asking it might seem weird, but I need you to lean down to reach your face since you are so tall and I didn't want to surprise you by bringing you down to my height." Chanhee continues. 

"Of course we can kiss."

Juyeon leans down and kisses Chanhee's lips softly.

"Good night, Chanhee." Juyeon says, after breaking the kiss.

"Good night, Juyeon." 

Juyeon's date could not have been anymore perfect. For the first time in a long time, Juyeon feels that there is hope for him in the dating world.