Chapter 12: Slumber Parties

Step Away From My Dad, Mister!

 

Tonight will be Eric's first slumber party ever, the first time that he and Juyeon will be apart for a whole night. Juyeon will miss Eric and he wants him to stay, but Eric seems very excited to go, so his nerves calm down a bit. Eric is so excited in fact, that he starts getting ready hours in advance. 

"Youngjae, the slumber party isn't for another three hours." Juyeon informs his son.

"I know, but I want to make sure I am prepared. Plus, I just can't wait."

Juyeon chuckles at how cute Eric is.

"Can daddy help you pack?"

Eric nods. 

"You packed your clothes, toothbrush, toothpaste, sleeping bag, and a pillow. It looks like you have everything that you need, except for this."

Juyeon goes over to Eric's bed and picks up his stuffed dog. 

"Daddy, I won't need that. I'm a big boy and I don't have scary nightmares anymore." Eric tells his dad. 

"You never know Youngjae, this is a new experience for you. It might be helpful to have something familiar to you, like one of your favorite toys." 

"Okay, I will take Arnold, but that does not mean that I will need him." Eric replies, placing the toy in his bag.

"I know, my little angel. Now come on, it's time for dinner so go wash up." 

"Yes sir." 

About an hour after dinner, it is time for Eric to go to his sleep over. 

"Hello, Juyeon and Eric. Hyunjoon and Sunwoo are very happy about the sleepover tonight." Jacob greets them once they get to the house. 

"So is Youngjae, he has been talking about it all day. I'll pick him up at noon tomorrow."

"Yep, see you again at noon."

"Goodbye Youngjae,  daddy will see you tomorrow. I love you."

"I love you too." 

Juyeon kisses Eric's forehead and hugs him before saying a final goodbye and leaving. 

A few minutes after Juyeon gets home, there is a ring at the door. Oh, that's right, he gets to spend the night with Chanhee, He almost forgot due to thinking about his son's first night away. 

"Hey honey." Juyeon answers the door. 

"Hi sweetheart." 

"So are you ready for tonight?" Juyeon asks, as Chanhee enters the house. 

"Yeah. What are we going to do?"

"Anything you want, anything." Juyeon replies, kissing Chanhee. 

The first thing they do is bake some cookies and then they watch a movie together while cuddling on the couch. 

Halfway through the movie, it seems like Chanhee is starting to fall asleep.

"Chanhee, are you getting sleepy?"

"A little bit. I had a lot of dogs to walk today." 

"We can go to bed now if you want to." 

"Let's finish the movie first." Chanhee suggests. 

"Alright." 

While Juyeon and Chanhee are just sitting on the couch at their slumber party, Eric and his friends are having a blast.

"Pillow fight!" Sunwoo exclaims, in between a video game match. 

The other two boys pick up pillows and start hitting Sunwoo, and eventually end up going after each other. They hit each other with pillows and chase each other around the room. 

"Whoa boys, let's pause the fight for a minute." Sangyeon says as he and Jacob enter the living room.

"We made you guys some cupcakes." Jacob says, placing a plate on the table. 

"Have fun boys, bedtime is in a couple of hours." Sangyeon tells them, as he and Jacob leave the room. 

"Yummy, cupcakes!" Hyunjoon exclaims, running over to the cupcakes to pick one up and begin the icing. 

"Daddy always makes the best sweets." Sunwoo says, as he also picks up a cupcake."

"Here, Eric try one. They are really good." 

Eric takes the cupcake and eats it, they are even better than the ones his dad makes. 

"These are really yummy." Eric states. 

"We should play Connect Four and then go back to playing video games." Hyunjoon suggests.

"Why, is it because you were losing?" Sunwoo asks.

"No, I just really like Connect Four." Hyunjoon lies, sticking his tongue out at his brother. 

After finishing the cupcakes, they play three rounds of Connect Four, and Hyunjoon wins all of them.

"I knew you just wanted to play so you could win."

"Let's play Mario Kart now." Eric suggests. 

Sunwoo puts Mario Kart into the console and they play until bedtime. 

"Okay boys, time to go to sleep." 

The three of them get into their sleeping bags before Jacob and Sangyeon turn off the light and tell them good night. 

Eric usually falls asleep very quickly, but it is taking him a while tonight. Suddenly, he remembers what his dad packed for him.

Eric goes over to his bag and takes out the stuffed dog that Juyeon told him to pack earlier. As soon as Eric is back in his sleeping bag and hugging his dog, he falls asleep. 

At the Lee residence, Chanhee and Juyeon are also about to go to sleep. The two of them lay in Juyeon's bed, facing each other. 

"I know it is a little bit early to go to bed, but there is nothing wrong with too much sleep or getting up early. Right?" Chanhee says.

"It's okay, it not too early. Like you said, we could get up earlier and then spend more time together in the morning." 

Juyeon continues to look into Chanhee's soft brown eyes, his eyes are so shiny and beautiful. Looking at Chanhee like this makes Juyeon realize how much he means to him and how special he is.

"Juyeon, what's wrong? Do I have something on my face?"

"Nothing is wrong. It's just.... I want to tell you that I love you." Juyeon answers.

"What?" 

"I love you, Choi Chanhee." Juyeon repeats.

"Oh my gosh, Juyeon. I love you too." 

Juyeon is overjoyed, he immediately pulls Chanhee in for a kiss. Admitting his feelings was definitely worth it.