A Lovely Mystery

More Than I Deserve

I went into the room and there was Yoongi sniffling while Jimin tried to humor him with a plushie. Yoongi was not having it. When Hobi and I walked in, Jimin looked at us with relief.  Yoongi scowled threw the stuffie and hid his face in the pillow. His muffled cries of "don't want tuffies!" made it obvious who this room belong to.  The room looked like a small child's with cute drawings taped to the wall and plushies and dinosaurs and toy cars everywhere.

"Yoongi baby I came to see you. What's wrong sweetie?"  She asked looking at his tear-steaked face.

Yoongi pouted cutely and covered his face.

"You don't like Yoongi! Yoongi hic ish hic sad." He said with a hiccup.

"Please forgive me, sweetie. Tell me what I did and I promise not to do it again. I like you. I really do!"

"You left me." He said simply.

"I promise not to leave."

I realized that every time I was with him I had left abruptly without talking to him or even saying goodbye. This must have bothered big Yoongi enough to make the little feel sad. He was really hurt and this was touching.

"I'm sorry. I'm awkward around people I really like."

"Akwad?" He asked confused.

"Close your eyes baby," I said while his hair. I'll stay with you."

Yoongi peeked to see if I was still there. It was so cute. All the crying had made him so tired.

"Yoongi wants cuddles." He whispered in a sleepy voice.

I climbed into the bed with him. He looked at Hobi with a pout and said, "You too, Seokie."

Hobi smiled and got cozy with each of us on either side of Yoongi. Baby Yoongi hugged me tightly. Hobi placed a pacifier in his mouth and Yoongi started to cutely. As I hugged Yoongi with my free hand I caressed Hobi's arm. Feeling tired but content to be there with them I thought about how lucky I am to have met them and be part of their life.

You're different from the way I thought you'd be
But here you are in front of me
So full of light I watch it overflow 
A lovely mystery

And I am lost for words
You're more than I deserve

You have a way of stirring up my soul
Did you know 
When you hold me in your arms the way you do
It feels like coming home

And I am lost for words
You're more than I deserve
And when I cannot stand
You are where I land

And when the years have stolen youth away 
I will stay
You will be the keeper of my heart 
Until my final day

And I am lost for words
You're more than I deserve
And when I cannot stand
You are where I land
Where I land
Where I land

Written by David Heller, Jennifer J Heller, Matthew Perryman Jones • Copyright © BMG Rights Management US, LLC