Dream Job

More Than I Deserve

There was no time for hesitation when I was offered the make-up artist job to fill in for someone with a family emergency.  I was elated and immediately called my mom with the news, voice and limbs still shaking.  I would get to meet BTS!  This was my big break and I could not mess it up.  If I did well, maybe they would hire me permanently.  I immediately got to work preparing my supplies and making sure I had everything I would need since I was starting the next day.

With a belly full of nerves, I walked into the dressing room led to by the kind security person.  I was early and eager to get situated before I had to meet anyone.  I started setting up the things I had brought ready to step into my dream job.  I wondered which member I would be assigned to or if I would work on each one.  

I was so excited and nervous to meet them and do their makeup that I was glad to have the room to myself even if only for a few minutes.  After I finished organizing my things, I took a look around the large dressing room. There were three stations with mirrors surrounded by lights but they were turned off. There was only one light on in the room so I hadn't noticed there was someone laying on the small couch in one corner of the room. I was curious so I walked towards what looked like a pile of blankets.

 

There he was curled up on his side sleeping. Min Yoongi looked so cute with his baby face relaxed in dreamland and his mouth slightly open. I quietly went back to one of the stations and sat down to look at my phone my back to where he was resting. My stomach grumbled uncomfortably because I didn't eat breakfast. It didn't help that I was looking at pictures of people's food they had posted on Instagram.

"Hey!" I jumped not expecting him to speak to me.

"Wha? You scared me. Are you trying to kill me?" I said embarrassed.

"What are you doing here?" His question sounded rude to my ears.

"I'm Jennie, the new make-up person," I said pointing to the lanier hanging from my neck. "Am I not supposed to be in here?" I tried very hard not to be rude back cause, you know, I like my job.

"Oh, it's your first day. Welcome, Jennie nice to meet you. I'm Suga." Okay, now he's nice.

"Hi." I waved my hand a little awkwardly.

"Come with me. I'll show you where everybody is." 

Yoongi gestured for me to follow him. I shrugged my shoulders and walked after him. We walked through some double doors into a room set up like a dining room a lovely aroma coming from the long tables with hot food and drinks. It was set up prettily like a banquet. My eyes lit up when I saw the yummy food before me.

"Ahh, I didn't bring any money," I said worriedly.

"You don't have to pay. It's for the staff," he replied smiling. "Help yourself."

I didn't need to hear it twice with the way my stomach was grumbling. I filled my plate daintily picking things to try a little bit from each offering.

"Get more. You need to eat. Your stomach woke me up," he said joking with me.

I was grateful for his suggestion and I bowed kindly to him. "You should eat too. Will you join me?" I said happily hoping he would.

"Sure I'll sit with you," he said. 

"Ah! He's an angel," I thought, stealing a glance at him. I can't look at him. He's too cute.

After picking out our food we sat together at a small table for two. I was really nervous cause I wanted him to like me so of course, I acted weird and quiet. Damn. He must think I'm really boring. I excused myself when I was done and left him sitting there alone. Aich! Why do I have to be so awkward around people I like? I hurried back to the make-up room ready to start my day a little more energetic and happier thanks to Suga.

Everything else went well that day. Once I was doing what I love the nerves calmed down. They liked how they looked and that was the most important thing.

💄 💋 💄 💋 💄 💋 💄 💋

The next day I came in and set up again. I felt a little less nervous and this time I made sure I had breakfast with the staff. I headed back to the dressing room passing the guys on the way to the dining room. They greeted me warmly even recalling my name. When I was back I sat down to wait and put my headphones on to listen to music. I started singing along softly since I was alone. Caught up in my own world I started singing a little louder. I started rapping Suga's part when all of a sudden I heard giggling. I turned around and saw Suga covering his face. My face was red with embarrassment.

"Hey! Stop laughing," I said. 

He had a bad case of the giggles. I was offended and started playfully hitting him with a magazine. It was his turn to yell, "stop it!" 

I started giggling also. He grabbed the magazine but I stubbornly didn't let go falling on him. The other members walked in at the worst moment when I was still giggling on top of Suga. Now both our faces were red.

"Hey guys we have a back up in case I can't perform. Jennie here is a rapper too! She imitates me really well," he said. 

My heart was beating so fast. I wasn't sure if out of embarrassment or because he was so close. I quickly got off him and ran away. Hobi came after me to see if I was okay. 

"Jennie wait. Are you alright?" He said with concern.

"Yes, yes, I was just flustered cause I fell on him when you guys walked in. Nothing happened. We were just playing around. I mean nothing happened."

"Do you like Suga?" Hobi asked with a smirk on his face.

"No, of course not!" Cheeks red again.

"Come back then. Do my makeup," he requested with a big smile.

"Okay. I will." My face brightened. I was happy he liked how I did his makeup yesterday. I felt a lot of pressure to do well.

When I went back in they all turned and looked at me. Taehyung spoke up first. "Noonan will you do me next!"

"No me!" Said Jungkook and blushed.

"I'm first guys. I called it," said Hobi.

"Wait I need to apologize to Suga," I said looking towards him.

I could see Suga's face was serious as he walked by me and I was wondering if he was mad cause he heard me say I didn't like him.

Hobi noticed how he ignored me. "Don't feel bad. He's a little shy sometimes. You didn't do anything wrong."

"Oh I was kind of scared of him at first but he was nice enough to show me around yesterday. Two days in a row I woke him up," I said making a regretful face.

"And you are still alive! He must really like you!" Hobi laughed.

I smiled thinking of his giggling face. He wasn't so scary. After I finished with Hobi, I went to look for Yoongi and there he was sitting down staring into space. Well, at least he wasn't sleeping. 

"Hi Yoongi," I said.

He looked up at me a bit confused. He his lips as if to say something but stayed quiet. The way he was looking at me caught me off guard. He was completely different from a moment ago. Without makeup and with that innocent face he looked really young. My face instantly softened at his cute expression. 

"Hey". I said softly. "I wanted to apologize for disturbing you yesterday and all that..." He looked at me like he didn't know what I was talking about so I stopped talking. "Are you okay honey?"

He nodded sweetly.

"You're not mad at me?" He asked.

"No. Why would I be?" I said.

"Cause you said you don't like Yoongi." He said cutely.

"I do like you. I think you're very nice. Come let me do your makeup. You can be first. Okay?" I asked.

"No, I want to nap. I'm sleepy." He said with a pouty face.

"Okay then come when you want to," I said and left him alone.

Ugh. Why is this boy so strange? One moment he's scary and y the next he's cute as a button and I want to pinch his cheeks. I shrugged and went back to work.