009

Mirror Mirror

Hours later, I'm at the bar. In the office of my boss, I explain everything what had happened today and some even start to worry about both me and the bar. I am one of the best employees out here and I am popular among the customers. Aside from that, I'm a hard worker.

''But they told you that you will stop working here once the crowning ceremony is planned? You know you can't do that to us right?'' Lily asks and I nod, but I sigh immediately. I definitely don't wanna go back there, but I'm sure that either Leo or anyone else will wait for me outside. They want to be sure that I won't go back to my old place. Besides, Hakyeon promised me he would come over and I hope he will tonight. I want to impress him with how skilled I am with making drinks. So I hope that I once am able to make some drinks at the palace once I can't make my return here.

''They did tell me, but I don't wanna leave this place. I don't want to believe that I am their lost son and I am not going to let fate take over me. I don't wanna go back there guys, I don't want to.become someone I never really was. By the way, a friend of their family comes over soon. I'm not sure if it's tonight, but he wants to know how well I make these drinks here.'' I explain to them as Miso places a hand on my shoulder to comfort me. She knows that I am going through a lot right now and as a friend, she knows where my mind is at right now. I hope that there are some vampires out there who can help me to stay hidden, because I am not going back to the palace.

''But there is no way that we can keep you away from them this time, because they will go after you and they will make sure that you will never get back here. Taekwoon, you can't keep running away from the truth okay? We would like to keep you here, but we are sure that the family will come again and take you with them. But hey, let's serve some customers tonight.'' my boss says and I sigh. I know that my boss isn't waiting for this either, but I have made this deal with that family. But I need to plan to run away from them, because I rather let Leo take it over from me instead of me doing this heavy task.

The crew and me make our way to our lockers and we put our stuff into it. We then make our way back and Hakyeon seems to have made his way inside already. We aren't even open yet, but he does have the balls to show up even before the bar opens.

''Hakyeon, hi. We're not open yet, but good to see you.'' I tell him and Hakyeon smiles as I make my way to him. The rest of the crew follows me and they wonder who this is, as I can hear them question that in their mind. I bow to Hakyeon and it's then that I turn to my colleagues to introduce Hakyeon.

''This is Hakyeon and he is the family friend of the royal family. He wanted to see how I am doing tonight, as I told him that I work here. Like I already told you guys, he was going to be here tonight.'' I tell them and the rest of the crew starts to bow for him.

''Well, nice to meet you Hakyeon. I hope you're going to see how hard Taekwoon works, he is definitely one of our most popular bartenders.'' Junsu said and I nod. Hakyeon starts to chat with my colleagues, while I go behind the bar to prepare myself. It's gonna be a busy tonight and I want to prepare myself for this. I basically do that every night, but this is going to be over very soon. That's the part I am not looking forward to.

Hakyeon then joins me at the bar and starts to smile at me. I can't tell the rest about our encounter earlier today, because that is something that should be between us. So I am not going to think about it, because the rest will find out.

''I honestly am excited to see you at work. This is the first time that I will see how this bar works on the inside, as I have only seen it from the outside.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle. I will show him that I love my job and that I am not going to let go of this easily. I don't wanna devote my life to the position that Leo still holds for me. Leo better keep it, because I am not going back to the palace. Hakyeon can do anything he wants, but I am not going back there.

After a while, the customers come in and make their way to the two bars. Hakyeon remains on his seat at the left side of the bar. I can feel his eyes on me, but I know why he does that. So it won't bother me and it won't distract me. 

''Taekwoon? Can you serve this customer a Bloody Mary?'' Chanyong asks and I start to make one immediately. A lot of customers love to get a drink first before they order their stuff and some others don't want to wait at the bar, so they wait whenever one of the servers pass their table. Customers come and go and I still feel Hakyeon's eyes burn on me. Because of his thoughts, I can tell that he is very impressed of my speed and my skills. 

''Taekwoon? Can you make this customer over here a Bloody Mary aswell?'' Junsu asks and I start to make another one immediately. When I serve it, I notice that Hakyeon ordered it. I chuckle when I serve his drink and I whisper in his ear that I will talk to him after the shift, which he takes for granted. I need to keep my head at my work and I don't want anyone to know that I know Hakyeon for just a few hours. But I'm scared of returning to the place, because I am not ready to take the spot that is supposed to be mine.

I hear order after order being taken and I try to make as any drinks as I can, I need to keep up my speed. It's always busy, so that means that we also have a lot of pressure. But I'm glad we're on each side with five bartenders, so that we can take care of the customers faster. I think that is what makes us one of the most popular bars in town, we work together to take care of the customers and we had plenty of training. So this bar is doing pretty well.

The food also goes out in the mean time and from a farther distance, I can hear vampires talk to each other and they are very satisfied with the food. Well, I'm glad that they are satisfied with everything and I'm glad that other vampires are enjoying their drinks and food aswell. The bar just opened, but there are a lot of vampires in here already. So it's going to be a lot more during the night, we're not done yet.

''You're doing well Taekwoon, I'm impressed.'' Hakyeon says and I chuckle when I look at him. I'm glad that he is impressed, because he has to know that I'm going to let others do things for me. I won't let those servants and maids do anything for me, I'll handle it myself.