013

Mirror Mirror

A couple of months later, the day is there... Hongbin's birthday party. A lot of guests are going to attend the party and I convinced my colleagues to help me out, since there are a few bars where they need some people at. The queen wasn't expecting so many visitors to show up when she looked at the guests list and so I offered to let my colleagues help out, boy what was the queen relievd that I offered this. My colleagues feel very honored because of this, but I don't want to let them know that I am going to turn my back on them once I have to fully embrace this life.

I'm in the room that I share with Hakyeon and I'm getting dressed in my uniform. It's not as bad as Hongbin claimed, but it feels weird that I need to put this on while it's not needed at the bar. At least, not yet. But that can change anytime soon. Everyone feels honored to work behind the bar in the garden of the king and the queen, they feel very thankful to me. Maybe it's a positive thing that I am a part of the family now, because I can always ask my colleagues to help out to serve drinks once the king and the queen need more vampires to help out with the drinks.

A knock is heard on the door and I tell whoever it is to come in. In the mean time, I look down at my uniform and I'm glad that I can hide my true identity. None of the guests know about Leo being a robot and they also don't know about me being the biological son of the king and the queen. I still hate it to live here, but I already accepted that this is my home. I already accepted that there is no way back here and I also have no longer tried to escape from this place.

''Hey hey, you look good Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon says as he wraps his arms around me from behind. I chuckle as I feel his lips in my neck. The relationship between us has developped well and we grew closer aswell. Everyone in this household is okay with me and Hakyeon dating, which made us grow closer even more. I no longer feel uncomfortable around everyone, but I still can't call the king and the queen my parents. I just need more time for that.

''Ready to go downstairs?'' Hakyeon continues as I nod. I love to wake up in Hakyeon's arms every morning and he makes me realise how love really is like. I never knew that I could sense an emotion like that, but now I know that I can. Hakyeon tightens his grip on me and starts to kiss my cheek. I burst into a huge laughter as it starts to tickle. Never would expect that it would tickle this bad.

Hakyeon lets go of me and takes my hand in his, before we leave the bedroom and make our way downstairs. In the hallway are all of my colleagues together with the queen. Hongbin is still in his room, so he doesn't know about the surprises that are about to come. And that's a good thing to be honest, I always hate it when vampires show up in the middle of a surprise that was supposed to surprise them.

''Hi Taekwoon, good to see you again.'' Mi So says and I pull her in for a quick hug. I still see them at work, but still. I kinda miss the moments of walking home with them and I wish I could turn back time, but this is my new present and I can't turn it back anymore. Now, I need to get in the car that will bring me to the palace and I have to get in at the back. No vampire can know that Leo is the 'fake version' of me and they can't know that Leo only protected my spot, but I'm sure that it will be leaked to the vampires that I have returned and that Leo only was protecting my spot.

''Alright, let's go to your spots then. Hakyeon, you stay in Taekwoon's sight. Because there has to be someone who looks after him when the guests are here, we don't want something to happen to Taekwoon when guests keep asking him about how he can look identical to Leo okay?'' the queen says as she looks at Hakyeon, who nods. We make our way outside and the queen tells everyone who will stand behind which bar. We have about 4 bars, a lot more than we usually have at work. But hey, they are going to earn some more money now. 

I'm at the one as far away from the door and Hakyeon sits at the far left. I'm glad that Hakyeon is near me, because this is going to be quite overwhelming for me. I never have dealt with royal guests before, so this will be new to me. I'm glad that Hakyeon is going to keep an eye on us, me in particular. I know that Hongbin doesn't want me behind the bar, but the guests can't know about the situation between me and Leo. 

Then, I can hear the guests coming in and I take a deep breath. I'm behind the bar with Mi So and Chanyong, the other bars each have two bartenders behind it. I'm glad that I'm companied by 2 bartenders, I feel a lot more safe now. I think the first time always will be scary, but I'll be fine the more I get used to this lifestyle of a prince. All the guests remain in the hallway and they start to sing at some point to Hongbin, which means that he is awake. I hope that Hongbin will have a great day today, despite me being behind the bar instead of being around him. But hey, I'm the happiest at this spot here. 

Hongbin makes his way outside and tells the guests that they can have a drink first before he will open their presents. Ah, I think that he wants me to be around when he opens them. This is the first royal party I'm a part of and I don't know how it goes here, so I guess that Hongbin will do it like this right now. At Hongbin's sign, the guests make their way to one of the four bars and they are making their order. I also have to make some drinks, but I love to be busy.

''I'm sorry for saying this, young man. But wow, you look a lot like the crown prince. You two are nearly identical.'' a male says and I nearly freak out. I just need to keep saying that I have heard it a lot and I'll be fine.

''Really? Well, I have heard it before. So it isn't new to me. But thank you for the compliment.'' I tell the man and it's then that more guests start to notice the comparison between me and Leo, which is also the reason why the guests start to talk more about me. I look at Hakyeon with uncomfortable eyes, I don't like it to get the attention on me when it's Hongbin's birthday. I want the guests to focus on Hongbin instead of on me. I should've put on a cap or something.