004

Mirror Mirror

I told my boss what is going on when I entered the office and I told him to keep his mouth shut, because the royal family claims that I belong to them and that I have no clue where they talk about. I know that they will find me anyways, but I don't want to come with them. I am not going to adjust their life to mine, as their life isn't mine at all. And the fact that I do like their oldest son doesn't mean that I am an immediate part of the family.

My boss nods and pretends that he hasn't seen me, because he wants to protect me no matter how. I hide myself in the closet that my boss has in his office and I try to keep myself as quiet as possible. I hate it that I have to do this, but Leo leaves me no choice. I may be the first to refuse an offer by the royal family, but I clearly let them know that I am not coming with them. Leo is a part of their life and I shouldn't be there, just because I am his doppelganger.

For the upcoming 15 minutes, nothing happens so I can't wait for the time to pass by. I would love to help my colleagues out, but the royal family is there and I have to stay hidden for now. I can't show up at the bar now, because the family will take me with them for sure. Leo is determined to take me home with them, but I am not going to. Just screw them, really.

Far in the back, I can hear some voices and I can identify two as the ones of Hongbin and Leo talking. Leo keeps talking in the monotone voice about the order he was given by the king. Ugh, they're still here. I want them to go away, so that I can go back to work. But due to the royal family being here, there is no way that I can do that. Like I said earlier, I'm not scared at all. I just don't want to believe that the family is here to convince me that I belong to their family. I don't have royal blood into my system, so the royal family should leave me alone.

But after an hour, the family has made their way to the office of my boss to talk to my boss about the reason why they are here. I hope that my boss will keep his mouth shut, but he is very unpredictable. The king shares the story of Leo and I looking alike and that I am their son. It goes silent for a second and I am trying really hard not to think about anything, because vampires can read each other's minds and that is something I don't want at all. 

''And how can you prove to me that he is your son? Vampires can claim all they want, even royals like you. But if you are claiming that, why do you have someone on your side who looks exactly like him?'' my boss asks him as he still can't believe that this is actually happening. I can't see what is going on at that moment, but by the reaction of my boss I can hear him being impressed. Is he really taking their side now? Oh please, I don't wanna leave this place and live a life that is not supposed to be mine. 

''But I don't get it why you have someone on your side who looks exactly like him. Why do you want your son back?'' my boss asks them and right at that time is when Leo decides to open the closet where I'm in. I am so dead right now, even hiding in here doesn't help.

''There you are. You are going home with us.'' Leo says as he wraps his hand around my wrist and pulls me out of the closet. I'm sure that he would've found me if I had myself hidden somewhere else. I look at my boss with a betrayed look, but he just brushes it off.

''Taekwoon, I think it's time for you to go with them. I don't think it would be needed for you to keep denying that this family is yours. They have some proof that you are their biological son.'' my boss tells them and it's then that the queen steps forward with a copy of a birth certificate and a photo of me when I was 5 months old. I remember that my mum showed them to me, the exact same photos. I then look up to the queen, who starts to smile. Even the rest of the family starts to smile, glad to have me back in their lives.

''And you? What about you?'' I ask when I look at my twin. I can't understand his expressions at all, they don't look natural at all. Is Leo even a vampire? I don't know.

''In the Centuries that we missed you, we decided to build a robot to look like you. He had to protect your spot and now that we found you, he is going to disappear.'' the king explains and I look back at him with wide eyes. Leo is a robot? Is that why his expressions look so unnatural?

''Actually, I think that you should keep him for a while. Because if this is truly how my life was supposed to be, I think he can still show up in public with you as I am mentally preparing myself to whatever is coming. I mean, I still wanna run away. But I don't think that I can do that any longer.'' I tell them once I look back at them, but I am still filled with denial. How can this be? This isn't true right? I just wanna wake up and hope that all of this is a nightmare.

''Taekwoon, you are my brother. There is no way that you can deny it, it's really you. Leo indeed was created to protect the spot that belongs to you. You indeed are the heir to the throne, there is no way possible that it's false information. When I told my family that you looked like Leo, my parents said that you were my actual brother. But I didn't realise that when I told another bartender that you look like him.'' Hongbin steps forward as he takes my other hand in his.

I am really going insane right now. But I am not going to leave this place, I will do whatever it takes to stay as normal as possible. Maybe that can work out, if I let Leo do every public event. There is no way that I am going to change my life completely, because I trained hard enough to get a job here and I always have learned that I should do some things myself too. If I let others do things for me, I will start to think that this is normal.

''Okay, I'll go with you. Under one condition... I stay here as an employee as Leo will do some of the public visits. I think it will take a long time for me to be on the same level as he is when it comes to how to act like a prince. If I really have to leave this place, I will only do it when it's time for the throne to be passed on to me. Because for now, no one outside of this room knows that Leo is a robot. I want to keep that illusion alive for a while.'' I tell them and by the looks on the couples' face, I can tell that they struggle with the fact that I want to stay here.

''Taekwoon, no please.'' Hongbin begs, but I look with a stern look at him. Hasn't he understood what my point is?

''No, that is my offer. Otherwise, I won't come with you. None of the other employees know about what happens in here and no one also knows that Leo is a robot. If you don't accept my offer, you have to leave me alone and let me live my life the way I live it now.'' I tell Hongbin in a stern voice, which makes him to step back from me.

I have to give them an ultimatum, because this vampire isn't going anywhere that easy...