006

Mirror Mirror

The next day feels different. I don't know why, but it does. I feel like someone's watching me or something, but I need to be sure that there is someone watching me. I get up and I get dressed. I put a small ponytail into my hair and I get downstairs to get some breakfast. But right when I get  downstairs, Leo stands in my livingroom and is accompanied by two guards and by Hongbin.

''This time you come with us Taekwoon, time's up.'' Leo says and the guards are standing next to me as they grab my arms within seconds. Their grip on me is hard, I can barely break free. But there is no way to panic, because it's not going to set me free from this. I look at Hongbin, but he only shakes his head.

''Taekwoon, we have to do this. My parents, or our parents, weren't pleased when they heard that one of your colleagues had taken you away from your work in order to avoid us. Taekwoon, you belong to us and we don't want to keep you here any longer. However, they did agree to your ultimatum. You're allowed to go to your job until the crowning ceremony takes place, but your contract ends right then. That's what our dad told us. In the mean time, Leo will help you out to learn to act like a prince. Come on guards, we're going.'' Hongbin says as he turns around and makes his way through the door, Leo follows him and I am last with the guards. I can't even make a call to my colleagues, the royal family don't make an excuse anymore.

Outside, there is a carriage waiting and the guards push me into it once we get there. These guys seriously don't take it slow right? I take a seat and I look outside, because I am going to miss this for sure. My life no longer will be the same, as everyone will know about my actual descent. And how are my colleagues going to react if they know about this whole thing?

Leo sits across from me, Hongbin sits next to me and the two guards sit next to Leo. Hongbin places a hand on my leg and I sigh. The carriage then drives away from my house and I can't help but sigh.

''I know this isn't easy for you Taekwoon, but you have to accept it that my life is supposed to be yours aswell. Leo was created in order to protect your spot, because we couldn't tell it to the citizens. And my parents weren't in to push me into the position that was supposed to be yours. But when I saw you in that bar, you reminded me of Leo. Well, you are a little different from Leo appearance wise. As you have longer hair and you have put it up into a ponytail this time, while Leo's hair is shorter.'' Hongbin says and I look at him as if he had seen a ghost. So that means that I indeed am a part of their family and that I was kidnapped when I was 5 months old.

''But seriously Hongbin, what is going to happen to Leo once I get that crown on my head? I already said that he can stay alive for now, because we still need a cover up for the fact that Leo is a robot and is only protecting the position that is supposed to be mine. No one of the citizens know that I was supposed to be the rightful heir and how are they going to buy this story? How can I even convince the vampires that Leo isn't me? No one knows we're alike, other than my colleagues and my boss ofcourse.'' I tell Hongbin and Hongbin sighs, before he looks at Leo.

''You heard mum and dad yesterday about it, but they are willing to keep Leo for a while... until you get the crown on your head. After that, Leo's game is over and he will disappear. Because it will be your time to do things on your own.'' Hongbin reminds me and I groan in response, not willing to think of it. Because once I get the crown on my head, no one is there to comfort me. Hongbin will be gone, aswell as my parents. So that means that no one is there for me when I need to talk about things when I get stuck. Time is running out and there is barely any left. Maybe it's better for Leo to take the spot, because I am not going to do it if I have barely any time. I will escape again.

I look outside again and I can only hope that I can break free from this situation again. I am not going to take the throne, because I never lived between those walls except for the first 4 months of my life. Besides, my colleagues are my family now and I have to let them know in which situation I ended. I can only go out at night for work at the bar, but I have to leave once the crowning ceremony is set.

''Thinking about something?'' Leo asks and I sigh, but decide not to respond. I need to get used to my entire situation right now, because my life has been a lie all the time. I now have to find out who kidnapped me and why, because the puzzle will be complete if I have those answers.

''Taekwoon, you were thinking about something?'' Hongbin asks this time and I look at him. These vampires don't leave me alone right? I don't want to be on my own as soon as I get this crown on my head. I am not ready for this life, especially not when this family, which apparently, seems to be mine, is trying to push me as fast as possible into this position that I barely have any knowledge of.

''How am I supposed to even rule, if my time is running out? I don't have time to even roll into this new lifestyle and I also don't have any time to even know what I am supposed to do when I get that crown on my head. Don't you get it Hongbin? I have lived a different life and now I need to live this life, with a crowning ceremony right around the corner.'' I speak up and I sound frustrated, what causes the guards to get up from their spots a little.

''You will get that time Taekwoon, because you must let go of your former lifestyle. You always have been a part of our family and Leo was created to protect your spot, because you always were entitled to the throne. But you were taken away from our family when you were 5 months old and we still don't know who took you from us. But when I was born, Leo was already there. You can't return to your old life Taekwoon, you must get used to the life that always was yours. One more time: You are no longer allowed to go to the bar once your crowning ceremony is set.'' Hongbin says and I sigh as I look outside again.

I wish this never had happened, I never wish that Hongbin and Leo came on my path. Because only then, I would've lived my life without knowing that I am a prince.