022

Mirror Mirror

After everyone is in, including Hakyeon, we make our way to the palace again. Today was the last day as a bartender and I am pretty sure that my hands will itch when I think about not being able to work as a bartender anymore, because this was my life. I look outside and Hakyeon has taken my hand in his. After hearing what the king and queen are up to, I am devastated. They are forcing me into a certain position and I don't want this at all. But I'll make public that Leo isn't a real vampire at all if they keep continuing to force me into a certain situation, because I never wanted this.

''You're being quiet this whole time, Taekwoon.'' Hongbin says and I ignore him completely. I hope he knows why I am quiet the whole time, because I am beyond madness. I never asked for this life and I still wish I can turn back time, because I just want to be normal and living this life isn't something that is normal. Especially when you are compared to a robot all the time. Everyone in the carriage was talking, but they turn silent as soon as Hongbin makes the comment and they all look into into my direction.

''Taekwoon? You're okay?'' Hakyeon then asks, hoping I'm going to respond. I just shake my head, because I am not in the mood to respond. Why should I? They pull me out of the life that I am used to and now they are going to put pressure on me, forcing me into a life that I have never wanted at all. Sure, I may be their firstborn. But since I am raised outside this life and they never have reached out to me, I'm convinced that this is against the rules. The rules they broke themselves. Oh well, they'll find out soon.

During the ride home, I don't say a word. I am not happy with how the king and queen cut my normal life short and I think that this life will cause even more stress to me than my previous life has caused me. Hongbin tries to let me talk, but I keep my mouth shut during the whole ride. Every now and then, I spot a vampire outside and they all look up to see what is going on now. Hakyeon then pulls me closer and lets go of my hand, before he wraps that same arm around my waist. I automatically let my head rest on his shoulder, but I still ignore looks with everyone. I think my body language will show that I strongly disagree with the decisions that they make for me. If my body language doesn't show it, my thoughts will.

The ride to the palace lasted shorter than I expected. When it's time to leave the carriage, I let Hakyeon drag me out of the carriage as I refuse to leave the carriage myself. As expected, a lot of vampires have made their way to the palace to protest. But I can hear something else coming from the crowd too... they have noticed that Leo and I look alike and they want to know who I am. I don't focus on it, because I know that the king and the queen will talk about it as soon as we're inside. If they don't talk about this soon, I'm sure that the vampires will demand that the king and the queen will release some answers regarding the situation of me and Leo. I can't think of that now, because I still can't let go of my colleagues at the bar. I will continue to call them my colleagues, as I never have requested to leave.

''Hakyeon, take Taekwoon with you upstairs. We would like to have a talk with Taekwoon in his room.'' the queen says and Hakyeon does as he is told, but I start to protest that I never wanted this and that I don't want this. Hakyeon does everything he can to pull me up the stairs and I can't help but scream. I don't want this life at all, I was happy with how my life was. Hongbin is actually the one who ruined it, as he must've shared here how much I looked like Leo. Even when Hakyeon drags me into my room, I continue to protest. I'll definitely continue to show that I don't want this at all.

''Taekwoon please, it's for your own good to keep you here. I don't want to see you getting married to someone else but me, but we have to keep you away from your former surroundings from now on. This is your life, not what you lived before.'' Hakyeon says as he throws me on the bed, while pinning my arms into the matrass. I try to break free from Hakyeon's grip, but he resist as hard as I try to break free. I scream that Hakyeon has to let go of me, but Hakyeon seems to ignore those screams of mine. At that moment, the door goes open and I can tell by the footsteps that the king and the queen have entered my room. I close my eyes, but continue to resist. 

''Hakyeon, you can let go of him now. Taekwoon can't leave the room anyways, as guards are protecting the room from the outside.'' the king says and Hakyeon follows his orders as he lets go of me and gets up. However, he hasn't let go of my hand and he pulls me up so that I end up in a seated position. Hakyeon takes a seat on my left side and continues to hold my hand. The king and the queen take a seat on my right side and both put on a faint smile on their faces. I know that they want to comfort me as much as possible, but I won't forgive them for what they just did.

''We are very sorry for what happened, but this is something that we had to do. We have made this decision, so that you can focus on all the preparations here. We are going to set up a marriage for you, because it's the tradition that you get married first before we can pass te crown on to you.'' the queen says and I feel the anger boiling up already. I now start to realise how corrupt this family actually is and they expect me to be the same way? Oh no, that won't happen at all. That's not how I was raised and I want to show the vampires that I am different from the current king. 

''Why didn't you give me a proper chance to say goodbye? Sure, I wanted to work there for just a little longer. But why did it have to be cut this short? I don't like the way I am treated and as long as you don't tell to the public how it really is going on here, I am not making a move.'' I sound a little irritated already, but I need to keep myself in since I don't know what will happen next. Hakyeon pulls me closer by slightly tugging at my hand and wraps his other arm around me, while whispering in my ear that I should stay quiet and that it'll be okay.

''Taekwoon honey, we have to do this. Things are changing and time is running out for us. As long as you aren't the king, no one can know about the situation between you and Leo. No one can know that Leo isn't a vampire. If someone finds out, it'll damage our reputation and our name.'' the queen continues and gets up from the bed, before making a move towards me and taking a seat in front of me on her knees. I growl as the queen places her hand on my leg. I don't want to know about this, I don't want to know. I hope I can safe myself from this situation, because I don't want to be the next on the throne. I was raised outside of these walls and I prefer that life a lot more.