019

Mirror Mirror

Minutes later when breakfast is officially over, I head to my bedroom to get some stuff that I need. I told Hakyeon to wait for me downstairs, because it's not much I need. I take my phone with me, which I immediately slide into my pocket. I grab a jacket and I leave my bedroom, since I don't take a lot with me. My phone and my jacket are the most important right now, I don't know what I should take with me otherwise.

But right when I'm about to make my way downstairs, I can hear some unknown voice and they clearly don't sound pleased. After focussing on the conversation, it sounds like as if the king and the queen are in a fight with each other. Hakyeon isn't also waiting for me either, which makes me wonder even more why this is suddenly happening. I make my way downstairs and I tiptoe towards the gates, where this stupid carriage is waiting for me. I really wanna walk myself, but the king and queen don't let me. Thinking of the fight inside, I didn't hear Hongbin and Leo at all. Maybe they were indeed present, but didn't say anything. Oh well, I don't care.

I decide to walk past the carriage and I rush past the carriage to the bar. No way that I am going to take this carriage to work, I'm not in a state yet that I fully accept this lifestyle. I have only embraced it, because I have no choice. I know that I should do that at some point, but I just can't right now. Far behind me, I can hear Hakyeon leave the place very angry. I know that I could hear that conversation, but I just don't wanna hear it. 

Apparently, I am not fast enough. Because I feel an arm around my waist within seconds as it's only just a little while away before I made it. I stop running and I look behind me to see Hakyeon holding me against him. Hakyeon wants me to start living like a prince, but I can't. I don't wanna be treated differently if vampires find out that I am supposed to be in Leo's spot. Leo is protecting my spot and will disappear anyway, but I don't want the vampires to think that I am the reason why Leo had to go if they will find out that Leo isn't a real vampire. But I bet that they will love Leo more than they will ever love me.

''And where do you think you're going?'' Hakyeon asks and he clearly sounds angry. I look away from him, since I don't wanna meet his eyes now. I never wanna meet someone's eyes when someone is angry, because you never know what someone is about to do next. Hakyeon keeps growling and I decide not to respond, since I definitely will make it worse.

''Answer me Taekwoon!'' Hakyeon continues and I sigh, but still don't say anything. I can feel Hakyeon's grip tighten on me, but I still make sure that I can break free from his grip. I turn around and look at him. At this time, his eyes turned red. I have to go now and I don't have time for any of this, so I wanna know why he is like this. I have learned by now that Hakyeon also can prevent that vampires read his mind, so I am not reading his mind now.

''May I know why you suddenly behave like this? Besides, you didn't wait for me at the time I was ready to go. So you weren't loyal to the promise that we have made. I wanna know why you're like this, but I think it's best for now to go separate ways. You stay at the palace and I head to work, your presence will make it worse if you continue to behave like this. Just go!'' I yell at him and I turn around before making my way to the bar. I wonder what caused this, but I guess that I have to find it out myself.

Like I already expected, Hakyeon didn't follow me and I think it's a good thing for now that the two of us aren't together now. I always wanna stay away from vampires who are angry, they are always up to something. It has traumatized me for life, so I don't wanna have a fight with vampires at all. But luckily, they know that at the bar.

''Hi Taekwoon, good to see you again. Where is your boyfriend?'' Junsu asks and I sigh when he mentions Hakyeon. They know that Hakyeon is around me all the time to keep an eye on me, it's his duty once we're outside of the palace while he is also being a protective boyfriend.

''Well, let's say that something just happened without me being around and he was involved in that fight. He also doesn't want to tell me what is wrong, so I guess that it's the best for him to stay behind. You guys know how traumatizing it is for me right?'' I share and the bartenders start to nod. I have shared my past with them, so they know what I've been through and they don't want me to go through the same again with Hakyeon. 

''Alright, let's prepare and let's get ready to work okay?'' my boss asks and all of us nod. All the bartenders here feel like family to me and they always have been like that to me. Even when my parents were killed, they still felt like my family. My parents were killed by some guards and until this day, I don't know why they had to die. I never got the answers I wanted, maybe I will never even get them.

I make my way to the office, where I leave my jacket on the hanger. My boss is okay if we leave our stuff in his office, because my boss barely leaves his office. He has some business of his own and he needs to take care of that, so he barely shows his face. But if something is going on, he immediately leaves his office and steps in to help us out.

But then, I hear Hakyeon's voice in the bar and he clearly sounds still angry. I open the door and Hakyeon sits at the bar, but anger is still shown on his face. Alright, I guess that Hakyeon heard from the king and the queen that he has to stay around me no matter what happens. I take a deep breath and I leave the office. I step behind the bar and I ignore Hakyeon's looks, since I already know that his angry looks will ruin my shift for sure.

''Hakyeon, don't!'' I hiss at him, but I don't look at him. Hakyeon sighs, but I still can hear the anger in his sigh. I need to talk to him once my shift is over, because I want to know why Hakyeon is like this. I will get those words out of his mouth, whether he likes it or not. But for now, I wanna focus on my job and there is no time to think about what I experienced this morning.