020

Mirror Mirror

During the time the bar is open, it's crazy when it comes to how crowded it is. Vampires want to let the stress and such the king causes and it doesn't seem like the protests are going to stop anytime soon. The vampires still want the king to step down from his position and hand it over to Leo, but they don't realise that Leo is just a robot and that the spot was meant for me. I still hope that there is a miracle that will help me to escape from this situation, because I am not ready to carry the responsibility that comes with it. But for now, I can't escape. Hakyeon is here and he is keeping an eye on me.

''Ehm Taekwoon, I think that we have more guests for you.'' Chanyong says as he taps on my shoulder and points towards the entrance of the bar. Chanyong seems right when I see them coming towards the bar where I'm behind at. When they come closer, I feel a lump in my throat. Not only is Hongbin here again, but the entire family has decided to stop by. I serve one drink after another and it doesn't take long before the family joins Hakyeon. While I serve a drink, Hongbin places his hand on mine and demands me to look up at him. What are they doing here? I thought that only Hakyeon was staying here. 

''Can we please talk to you in private?'' Hongbin asks and I sigh, before I respond with a nod. I look at Chanyong, who smiles and assures me that he will be fine. So I finish the last drink and I let Chanyong serve it, as I make my way outside through the door in the back. The family follows me and once we're all outside, I close the door and I lean against the door as I let the family talk. I'm so not ready for this and I wished that they kept this until I would return, but apparently it's urgent and that it can't wait.

Hongbin steps forward and places a hand on my shoulder, but then steps aside to let the king and the queen talk. I hope that they will tell me why they were having a heated argument this morning and why Hakyeon is pissed all day. Hakyeon accompanies me on the other side and hooks in my arm. I look at him with a confused look, but I decide to not ask further questions.

''You disappeared so quickly this morning and we were worried, but for some reason we weren't either. We're sorry for that, we're sorry that you had to hear it. But the discussion we had was to bring the date of your ceremony forward and to set a date for your marriage.'' the queen says and my eyes widen. They want me to get married before I get crowned? Are you serious? That means that they are going to cut ties with the bar here sooner than expected. Ugh, I don't want to.

''What? You've got to be kidding me! I don't even get the time to get used to this lifestyle and you're already setting things up I don't want? I am very much against an arranged marriage!'' I raise my voice and Hakyeon whispers into my ear that I should calm down, which only raises the anger even more at the time I look at him. He's telling me to calm down, while he is behaving pissed around me all the time?

''No Hakyeon! All of you are acting so suspicious and everyone is making a fuss out of it, resulting in you acting like a straight up idiot around me and my colleagues. I'm not given the proper amount of time to get used to this lifestyle and yet you two are trying to replace me with Leo, as if the vampires wouldn't notice that! Oh well, there you go.'' I continue as I point to the vampires that are making their way to us, while holding signs up which say that the king needs to step back from his spot. I push Hakyeon and Hongbin away from me and I make my way inside. Unfortunately, Hakyeon is making his way inside too and he pushes me against the wall next to the door.

''You now understand why I was so upset? They want you to get married to someone else but me, they don't give a damn about our relationship and they just act like I have never existed. While I was there for them all the time.'' Hakyeon groans and places his hands on my shoulders, as his nails dig into my skin. I clench my jaw to ignore the pain that Hakyeon is giving me. Hakyeon's behavior changes as soon as his anger turns into cries of sadness. I get it that Hakyeon doesn't want to see me on the side of another man, but he doesn't have to act that possessive towards me.

''Let me go, Hakyeon! Let me at least spend my time together with my colleagues now I still can. Once I return to the palace, the king and the queen will cut my ties with everyone here. I'm not ready to say goodbye to them just yet and I don't want to wait until we're hosting a party. Just leave me for now, okay? I don't want to let the king and the queen decide my future just now. Besides, I still won't admit to that title that I'm supposed to have. They also aren't announcing to the public that Leo is nothing but a robot.'' I scream and I push Hakyeon away from me, before I make my way back to the bar. Chanyong and the others are worried about me, but I tell them that I will explain everything once the shift is over.

As if it wasn't bad enough already, some guests enter the bar and they say that I look like the crown prince. I sigh in annoyance and I ask Chanyong to cover up for me, I also ask them not to let me serve those guests. I don't want the same thing to happen as what happened on Hongbin's birthday party, because I don't want all the attention to be focussed on me.

''Guys, this guy here was also present at the prince's birthday party. Wow, he must be an identical twin of the crown prince.'' one of the guests calls out and immediately all of the guests come over to my side, as I hear them talk about the similarities between me and Leo. Only I know that Leo isn't an actual vampire, only I know that Leo is a robot. But for how long is the king planning to keep it a secret? If the guests here know that I'm the actual prince, they will wonder what has happened to the behavior of the crown prince. And if the king isn't going to make this public, I will do it.

Chanyong and the others are trying to do everything it takes to cover me up, because we need to keep these guests as far away from me as possible. They can't know about me being an actual member of the family, while Leo is just a replacement for me. Not now at least, but I will announce it anyways. I don't care about the consequences, it's not my fault that Leo replaced me in the family. But one thing is for sure, I will remain behind the bar and no one can get me away from it. Even when I can't work here anymore, I will continue to make drinks at the palace. Ugh, I hate my life so much. I wish Hongbin had never showed up, so that I could still live my life in a peaceful way.

A/N I know that it has taken me nearly 6 months to come up with a new chapter. I had a writers block and I also was focussing on school, I still am since I'm in my final year now. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter a bit.