016

Mirror Mirror

After a few hours, the party has officially ended. At the time the guests leave, I'm talking with my colleagues about how it went tonight. Aside from the fact that the guests kinda ruined it for me by constantly comparing me to Leo, I thought that it went well. The guests were satisfied with their drinks and I haven't heard complaints at all, so that can be a good chance for my colleagues to return anytime soon. But one thing is for sure, I want them here once the crowning ceremony is over. I don't think the king and the queen will let me behind the bar once I have this official title, but I don't care.

''Honestly, I enjoyed serving the guests here. It was something different, but I enjoyed it. Thanks Taekwoon.'' Junsu admits and everyone seems to agree, but they all agree that the guests also kinda ruined it for me. Everyone wanted to know how Leo and I can look identical and they also wonder if the two of us are brothers separated at birth, but none of them knows that Leo is a robot and that I am a vampire. I want to keep it that way for now, because I still have issues to acknowledge that this is my life now. I can no longer live like any other vampire... normal.

''I honestly enjoyed it to be behind the bar again. I mean, this was different ofcourse and we serve more luxurious guests. I can't wait to serve our regular customers again, I seriously miss them.'' I share with my colleagues and we pull each other in for a group hug. It's a shame we have to let go of each other, but I enjoyed it that they were here today. I felt normal again, because I am not ready yet to call myself a prince. I've lived a different life, so it's hard to call myself like that.

''Taekwoon, it's time for the bartenders to go!'' Hongbin says with a loud voice from out of the hall. I sigh and I tell everyone to follow me. I walk past Hongbin as we make our way inside and I guide my colleagues to the gate, where I give each of them a goodbye hug. Screw those formal gestures, we're doing it my way when it comes to me and my bartending colleagues. 

''Thanks guys, I loved having you guys here. Will see you tomorrow again okay?'' I tell them and they respond with a loud yes, before they wave at me as they walk away. The guard closes the gate for me and I bow to him as a thank you, before making my way inside again. Ugh, I can't wait to eat. I am starving. I hate it to live between these walls, but I can't turn it back. Anyways, I have Hakyeon here. He at least will take good care of me. But I can't get used to Leo, I think it's because how scary it is that he looks like me. But appearance wise, I look way different than he does. 

When I walk back inside, Hakyeon pulls me in for a tight hug. At the same time, I can feel his lips in my neck as soon as my head is resting on his shoulder. It's time for us to be together again and I enjoyed to finally show the real me, but it was also great that Hakyeon was near me to prevent the whole situation to escalate.

''Thank you Hakyeon, for protecting me today.'' I tell him and Hakyeon chuckles during the small kisses in my neck. I can sense that there are more vampires near us, but I decided to don't give a damn about it. When I lift up my head to look at Hakyeon, Hakyeon smiles.

''It was my pleasure, Taekwoon.'' Hakyeon says as he kisses my cheek. A chuckle from Hongbin is coming from beside us and we immediately look at him. The entire family has joined Hongbin and only Hongbin has a smile on his face. Hakyeon loosens his grip on me, but one of his arms remains around my waist. 

''Hakyeon indeed did a great job, but you too. You stayed calm under these circumstances. Ofcourse, the guests were here for Hongbin. But we're glad that your situation didn't ruin the whole party. Now, let's go to the diningroom and have your meal Taekwoon. You need to eat something.'' the queen says and I nod, before Hakyeon and I make our way to the diningroom. 

I take a seat and Hakyeon takes a seat next to me. I'm glad that the whole party is over, because the guests made me feel very uncomfortable. But I have to get used to it, because I will be the center of the attention of all the parties that will be held here or wherever they will be at. I have to get used to all the attention that I will get, because I am not used to it. Not even when I'm behind the bar. No one ever mentioned that I looked like Leo, because we barely saw Leo in public appearances. But now that the guests start to talk about that I look a lot like Leo, I guess it won't take long before the vampires will know about the two of us.

Two servants enter the room and serve us a bowl with blood. Ugh, finally I can eat something. I am really hungry right now. Once the servants leave left the room, Hakyeon gives me a sign and I start to eat. I start to learn more about a formal way of drinking blood and I start to realise more and more how I started to change, I barely recognise myself.

Hakyeon places a hand on my shoulder during our diner, but I decide not to react. I'm too busy to react to it, but I appreciate it from him. We still don't act like a couple should be, but we'll get there. However, we did grow closer and everyone between these walls say that. Hakyeon hasn't returned to his own place ever since the two of us met for the first time, so he is an unofficial housemate.

I'm the first one to finish my diner and I close my eyes for a second to enjoy the food just a bit more. I'm glad I finally got something to eat, because I was really hungry. I wasn't able to eat, since I had to stay hidden for the guests. No one can know about my real identity, so I will take it for now that they are calling me the twin brother of Leo. Because once the ceremony is planned, Leo is going to disappear for good. Sounds coldhearted and rude, but that's what is going to happen. 

After Hakyeon finishes his food, I open my eyes and I look at his red eyes. Hakyeon loves food as much as I do, so that's a good thing. Hakyeon's eyes turn back to normal after a minute and smiles when he looks at me, his hand still resting on my shoulder. 

''Did you enjoy your food a bit, Taekwoon?'' Hakyeon asks me and I nod with a faint smile on my face. It's awkward for me for smile brighter, but maybe I will get there one day.

''Good. Now, let's go join the rest of the family right?'' Hakyeon continues and I nod. We get up from our seats, right at the time the servants come in to pick up the bowls, and we leave the diningroom to join the rest in the livingroom. Today has been a rough day, but I made it through. I think it's a good moment for the rest of the family to reflect on and to make sure that I can hide my identity the next time they host a party here.