017

Mirror Mirror

Hakyeon and I join the rest of the family and we blend in their conversation, as they were reflecting on Hongbin's birthday party. It still bothers Hongbin that the guests were talking about the comparison between me and Leo, but he also realises that it's not my fault. I didn't do all of this on purpose, as I also hoped that the guests wouldn't bother me with it.

''But how do you feel about it yourself, Taekwoon? We all know that Hongbin was supposed to be in the spotlights, but I don't know how you felt today about this.'' the queen says as all of the eyes are on me. Hakyeon sits next to me and he takes my hand in his, trying to comfort me. Hongbin knows how I feel about this, because he came to me when it became very annoying for him.

''I hate it when guests come over to the bar where I'm at, because they want to see themselves how much I look identical to Leo. I was always taught to stay under the radar, because it's rude to stand out. It makes you come across as an attention seeker. But the guests made Hongbin feel horrible, not me.'' I tell them and I look down to look at the hands of me and Hakyeon. I hate it when the eyes are on me, but how are vampires going to react when I show up in public with a different attitude? I'm sure they will also talk about the comparison between me and Leo, though I'm sure I'll be called Leo. 

''Your Majesty, please consider this as a moment to reflect on. If you will host more parties here, you need to be creative when it comes to hiding Taekwoon's face. He doesn't like it to be the center of attention and neither would you or Hongbin. Taekwoon was raised outside of this lifestyle, so he isn't used to a large amount of vampires showing up here. I assume you have seen yourself where Taekwoon works and that's not even that huge compared to this place. The customers he serves over there doesn't come close to the guests that show up at the parties here. Taekwoon is raised as an average vampire, so he hasn't dealt with any from a higher standard like you are.'' Hakyeon explains and I look at him, as if he is defending me in a huge scandal or something.

Leo glares at me, but looks at the queen immediately. Leo can't express surprise, since he is a robot. I try to distance myself from him, since he will disappear anyways. Even though I am a bit used to this lifestyle, I can't call myself a prince. I just can't and I really feel like I wanna run away, but I can't. I can't return to the place that was my former home, even though I wish I could. I feel very uncomfortable right now and I show that to Hakyeon when I look at him. 

''He feels very uncomfortable right now and I don't think he wants to be here right now. I'll take him upstairs okay?'' Hakyeon continues and the king is the only one who nods, before Hakyeon gets up and pulls me with him. Thank god that Hakyeon decided to take me away from them, I don't want to talk about what happened at the party. I really hated the experience and I am thankful that Hakyeon was with me. Hakyeon and I leave the livingroom as we make our way upstairs. I sigh, which makes Hakyeon to let go of my hand and to wrap an arm around my waist. 

We enter my bedroom and once the door is closed, Hakyeon drops me on the bed as he lets go and joins me soon after. Hakyeon lies down and I lie down next to him. Well, my head is resting on his chest. It doesn't stop Hakyeon from touching me, because he starts to play with my hair immediately. I can feel that I feel a lot more comfortable, because I start to relax. And it's not only because of whatever Hakyeon is trying to do, but I don't have those eyes on me. I just... can't talk to them right now. I don't wanna talk about the party today anymore, because I don't want to talk about how I feel about it. I kinda feel overwhelmed. 

''You feel better now, Taekwoon? I can sense that.'' Hakyeon asks and I nod. This was the first time I was exposed to the connections of the king and the queen and they kinda ruined the party for Hongbin. I know that I have to be exposed to them to get used to it, but I don't want them to talk about how Leo and I look identical. We look like brothers, but we aren't at all.

''Yes I do actually. I was very overwhelmed and the guests kinda ruined it by saying how much I look identical to Leo. I just can't face Hongbin and the others right now, I want to get this behind me on my own.'' I tell him as I close my eyes. I really want to sleep right now, so that I can leave it behind me. I want to go back to the bar and work over there, but that doesn't mean I won't hire my colleagues anymore. I will keep asking them to come here and help me out, but the guests have to learn that I don't want it that they compare me to Leo. Leo isn't a vampire, he is a piece of metal and his reactions are programmed into him. 

''Maybe it's the best if you stay here for tonight, I don't like it when see an overwhelmed reaction on your face. I don't blame it on you for underestimating it, but I think that your parents didn't prepare you enough. But they also didn't tell the guests to behave towards the bartenders, so I think that this is a moment that your parents learn from. You have a long way to go Taekwoon, there is a lot you still have to learn even within these walls. I am willing to help you with that, because the family will appear in public soon and they can't be here to help you out. The servants and maids could, but even they have some important things to do. So I can help you okay?'' Hakyeon says and I nod in response. 

Not long after, a knock is heard on the door and I can tell by the voice that it's Hongbin. I open my eyes and I tell him to come in, since I wonder why he suddenly wants to talk to me. Hongbin closes the door after he enters the room and he takes a seat on the bed, on the edge on my right.

''Mum and dad didn't know how overwhelming this was for you, so they were surprised to see how uncomfortable you were. They wanted me to check up on you, because they were worried after you and Hakyeon left the room. But you didn't ruin the party at all. I probably came across like that, but you didn't ruin it. Even I didn't know that the guests were constantly keeping an eye on you, because of your resemblance with Leo.'' Hongbin explains and I groan immediately.

''I am not ready to call them my parents yet Hongbin, I grew up outside this household and I didn't want to believe that I belonged here when you said I looked so much like Leo. I wanted to run away from all of you, I just thought that it was one sick joke. The guests made me feel horrible and Hakyeon saved me tonight, because I really could've ran away from this place to clear my head. Hakyeon already said I have a long way to go to fully embrace this life and it doesn't make it easier if vampires keep saying that I look like Leo, while Leo isn't even a vampire himself.'' I burst out in frustration and I close my eyes again, hoping that Hakyeon can take the frustration out of me at this point. He was right, I should stay in this room for the rest of tonight. It won't do me justice to return downstairs.