018

Mirror Mirror

The next morning, I wake up in Hakyeon's arms. It was a rough day yesterday, as it was very overwhelming to me. I need to get used to this entire life in genral, but I also need to get used to the vampires comparing me to Leo. But what if I take over the throne? I'm sure that the king and the queen can't keep this a secret forever. But why would they keep this a secret from the vampires, if they know that vampires can't lie in general? They need to announce it before it's my time to take over the throne, but I hope that it will take a long time before that will happen. 

I look up at Hakyeon when he wakes up and he immediately starts to smile. Hakyeon and I have grown really close in just a few months and Hakyeon is doing everything he can to protect me, which I really appreciate. When Hongbin left the room last night, he said that he would tell our parents that we had to discuss this tomorrow and they want to reflect on what had happened and what they can do better.

''Goodmorning, have you slept well?'' Hakyeon asks me and I nod genuinely. It has taken a lot of time for me to be genuine towards Hakyeon, not that he wouldn't notice it anyways. But I have finally admitted that I like Hakyeon as much as he likes me, which makes our relationship even stronger aswell. Everyone in this palace has accepted our relationship, so there is no need to hide it. The queen hopes that we will get married in the end, but that's just a step too far to think about now. I mean, I have this crowning ceremony ahead first before I can think of that. 

Hakyeon pulls me closer and my head is resting on his chest. Since I'm okay with him sleeping next to me, Hakyeon loves to cuddle with me in the morning. It's a bit of privacy we have, since we spend a lot of time outside this room. I have to go to work within a few minutes and Hakyeon will come with me, since he has to keep an eye on me. It's a promise he made towards the king and the queen, but it's also a promise he made towards Hongbin. It's Hakyeon's duty to protect me and to keep an eye on me, making sure nothing can happen to me. 

''I can't wait to come with you as you're heading for work. I have to admit that you work at a great place, but I still don't understand why your father wants to close it.'' Hakyeon says and I immediately look up to him, trying to let him know that the king wanted to close it to prevent they were going to have some fun. Some vampires come to the bar to get intoxicated and some just go to the bar for a night out with friends. I hope that the king will change his mind, now that he knows that I work there. Who knows, but I haven't heard him talk about that ever since I was dragged into the palace. I hope that he won't keep that plan, because he can easily lose me aswell. And in that case, I don't want to give a damn about this place anymore.

''Hakyeon, the king wants to close the bar because he doesn't want the vampires to get intoxicated. He calls bars like ours a place where vampires want to waste their money on, basically calling us a disgrace for the vampires since we sell cocktails.'' I tell Hakyeon and Hakyeon's eyes widen. I can tell by his thoughts that he didn't know the actual reason behind the statement that the king wants to close all the bars in the kingdom, but he knows by know. I don't wanna ask at Hakyeon to support me, I just want him to protect me and choose my side when it comes to the closure of those places.

I get up and I break free from Hakyeon's grip in the mean time. I would love to lay down a bit longer, but I have to go to work soon. So I need to get dressed and I also have to join breakfast, so I need to hurry. I get up from the bed and I get dressed, since I don't wanna wait for the maids to come upstairs and do it for me. I rush to the bathroom and I brush my hair before putting it up into a ponytail, while I also throw a bit of water into my face. Before Hakyeon can join me in the bathroom, I leave the bathroom already and I collect some things before making my way downstairs.

A few maids greet me and one of them tells me that the rest of the family is in the diningroom already. How can everyone be up already? Or did Hakyeon and I sleep for so long? I don't know, but this happened a few times before and they still didn't tell me what is going on. It's a hidden secret, since I can't read their minds about that either. Hmm, I don't know what is going on. But oh well, I'll go to work anyways. The bar is open for a lot of hours and since it's always dark in our kingdom, vampires come and go. 

''Goodmorning Taekwoon, where is Hakyeon?'' the queen asks after I bowed at them after making an entrance in the diningroom. Leo glares at me immediately, but I ignore it after I take a seat across from Hongbin. Hongbin and Leo sit on the king's side, so I take a seat at the queen's side. I mean, none of these are reserved seats after all.

''Hakyeon is getting dressed at this moment, so he should be here soon.'' I answer the question and the queen nods, but the king keeps looking at me. I know that I come across as me wanting to get outta here as soon as possible, but I just can't wait to go to work and be ''normal'' again. Because behind the bar is when I am like any other vampire. But once outside, I am a prince again. Good god, I don't wanna call myself like that. I mean, I still can't call myself like that. 

I look at Leo, who is still glaring at me. I don't know why Leo is glaring at me like that, but it does have different scenarios. It could be that Leo doesn't like it that I'm going to take over his spot or Leo doesn't like it that I don't try to approach him and that I don't make any contact with him. I can't read the mind of a robot, since they are made of metal.

Right when Leo is about to open his mouth, Hakyeon enters the diningroom and takes a seat next to me after he bowed to the rest of the family. Hakyeon takes my hand under the table and he rubs over my hand with his thumb. Hakyeon loves to stay here, but also loves to fulfill his duty and keep an eye on me whenever I'm behind the bar. I still hope that the king will appreciate my work a bit more, now that he knows that I'm a bartender for a few years.