015

Mirror Mirror

When all the guests are provided, all ten of us are in the livingroom for a break. The guests are having diner right now and the queen told me that I was going to get some food afterwards, so I don't have to think that I don't get anything. Hakyeon sits next to me and tries to act as normal as possible, because he also wants that none of my colleagues will find out that we're dating. It's still something we wanna keep between these walls and the fact that any of my colleagues will leak it to the public is very likely. We can't lie as vampires, so it's hard for my colleagues to keep it for themselves.

''But for the record, guests nearly started to accuse you of looking identical to whoever is protecting your spot? How insane is that?'' Chanyong is far from pleased and I hiss at him to calm him down, since the ballroom isn't far away from the livingroom. I sigh afterwards, before I start to nod. A lot happened in the garden and seriously everyone kept their eyes on us when the bars were going to shut down. When we made our way through the guests inside the palace, I heard some guests whisper that I looked identical to Leo and that they didn't want to believe that I denied those facts. I don't want to get myself tangled into anything, because that can cost me my title.

''I know, but that's why he was at our bar. It was on the queen's orders, basically to prevent that it was going to get out of control okay?'' I assure them and I look at Hakyeon, who tries to keep a straight face. I look back at my colleagues, who seem to notice the reaction on Hakyeon's face. I try to stay calm, because my life is over when they announce to the public that Leo isn't real and that I always was entitled to being the heir. Well, I actually am. But I grew up elsewhere.

''Well, be glad he was there. I think it could've turned out completely different if he wasn't there. It's just horrible how it turned out, because all of the attention went to you instead of to the prince who was supposed to be in the spotlight today.'' Ye Na sounds unimpressed and I groan. I didn't want the whole situation to turn out like this, but guests wanted to know the truth of how I ended up looking identical to Leo. Some guests even called me a disgrace, just because I look identical to Leo. But for now, I need to stay away from the family. Guests don't know about Leo not being real and I want to keep it that way.

''But you did well, Taekwoon. You managed to do well and to keep the guests on a certain distance, just like you would do at the bar.'' Junsu says and I nod, simply that's all I can do now. As much as they can complain towards me, they still should be thankful that it didn't turn into a distaster. I take a sip from my drink and I listen to the conversations that are going on in the mean time. I don't have anything to talk about, this whole party was just overwhelming to me. I can't wait to be back at the bar again, because I want this all behind me. I wanna go back to the place where I feel safe.

It's then that the king enters the livingroom and tells us to follow him, since it's time to go back to the bars again. Wait, did the time pass by that fast? My gosh, but I'm glad to be behind the bar again. We're behind the same bars and Hakyeon takes a seat at the exact same place as where he sat before the break. I hope that the guests learned a bit from their actions before they had diner, because it's overwhelming to me when vampires come up to me and don't leave me alone because of me looking identical to Leo.

The guests make their way into the garden again and they make their way to the four bars to get a drink. I believe the king must've spoken about how overwhelmed I felt by their actions, because they are more reserved towards me. They also act more normal when they order their drink, but I can hear some of them think about me looking identical to Leo. It's clear that this is new to the guests and they don't know how it feels for me to be chased by so many vampires who tell you how much you look like Leo.

I make and serve the drinks which are ordered and when I look into Hongbin's direction, he seems more satisfied now. I guess that the king told him aswell about what he said towards the guests. After all: It's Hongbin's party and not mine. I don't even have the intention to steal the spotlight that is supposed to be his, I don't like to be the center of attention after all. The king, the queen and Hongbin make their way through the crowd and they start to talk with some guests. And Leo joins Hakyeon's side, basically to keep an eye on me. I can hear the two talk, but Hakyeon keeps his distance from Leo since he doesn't want guests wonder what is going on between them.

Then, it's Hongbin who joins the two to keep a brief eye on me. I can hear the three of them talk, but decide to ignore it since I have to stay focussed on my job. And the best thing I can do, is to stay hidden and to let no one know who I really am. Because until the day is there that my life is going to change for good, I need to stay hidden for the vampires. No one else can know that Leo is a robot in fact. If they will know about this, I'm doomed. 

''Well my prince, you should hire these bartenders more often. Their drinks are amazing.'' one of the guests at the bar says and Hongbin chuckles immediately. He's not embarassed to hold it in and I'm sure that he'll tell the king and the queen that they should hire my colleagues more often. We even take away the work of the bartenders who usually serve the drinks, but I don't care. 

''We will consider that for the next special occasion, thank you for the tip.'' Hongbin responds and a smile appears on his face. Aside from the encounter before their diner, Hongbin isn't blaming it on me that it happened. No one was fully prepared it would blow up like this, but it's something they can keep in mind for the next time they host a party at this place. Maybe they can give me some accessoires to cover up my face a bit, so that it won't happen this severe again.

Hongbin and Leo leave the bar and make their way to some other guests. I hope that they will learn from this moment, because I hope that they will take my safety seriously, just as much as their own safety.