CHAPTER EIGHT

· WINGS ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER EIGHT

"And that was how I spent the summer in California" Jungmee sighs as she sits back on her chair. She is on the phone with Taehyung at the prison. She has been visiting him every couple of days for the past two and half months. Ever since she arrived she always made time to visit Taehyung and bring him lunch. 

"Well, it is better than how I spent it" Taehyung snickers. "It isn't so bad."

"I know but I took all those classes to finish on time." Jungmee laughs harder. "I was trying to get things off my mind. I believe that having a busy schedule helps me from thinking too much."

"You like having a busy schedule?" Taehyung's voice raises an octave.

Jungmee nods as if Taehyung can actually see her. "Yes ever since Seokjin and I broke up, I decided to keep myself busy. It keeps me from thinking about the past and overanalyzing the mistakes I have made." 

"Do you think of Seokjiin as a mistake?" Taehyung asks. 
Was he a mistake? Jungmee thinks to herself. Seokjin was her first love. He meant the whole world to her. When she was living in California all she thought about was coming home to Seokjin and eventually getting married. All she wanted was to be with that boy. However, all of it shattered and she didn't know what to think anymore. "I don't know." She sighs into the phone. 
"Do you still love him?" Taehyung asks once again. He wants to know if she still loves him but at the same time he doesn't want to hear her response.

"No." Jungmee responds half-heartedly. She looks at Taehyung who gives her a sad smile. He knows that deep down inside she is lying to him and herself. She still cares for him but is too afraid to admit it. 
"I want to thank you for the food." Taehyung smiles as he points at the box next to him. "Thanks to you I am gaining some weight." 
Jungmee giggles slightly. "You're welcome."

"Do you think maybe next time you can bring me some cake?" Taehyung pleads "I really want some cake, it just sounds very good." 
"Sure" Jungmee nods "I will make sure to remember." She quickly pulls out her planner from her purse and scribbles a note on her calendar. Taehyung sighs as he watches her organize her days for the following week. He ponders about the feelings she must feel. She suddenly became organized and followed a schedule. Everything she does is organized and detailed as if she doesn't want to waste a minute of her time.

"It's time." An office interrupts them. 

"I will see you later then?" Taehyung asks Jungmee. He begins to stand up and head towards the large corridor. Jungmee smiles and nods. Taehyung waves at her before quickly turning away. 
Minhee lays back in her bed keeping her gaze on the wall. She holds her tummy embracing the life growing inside her. She wonders about the engagement news. It spread quickly like fire. She went online only to see article after article about her engagement to Jungkook. Could it be possible that Jimin had already seen it? What was he going to tell him? How would she break the news to him? Was he banned from seeing her ever again? 
She quickly grabs the phone from her nightstand to check for any messages. Jimin hasn't sent her anything. Maybe he was busy? Or maybe he knew what was going on? Maybe he already found out and is no longer talking to her? 
Her heart suddenly begins to race faster. She doesn't want to lose Jimin. She quickly stands up from her bed and bolts downstairs. She needs to go look for Jimin and tell him the truth. She has to tell him she is pregnant and find an excuse to stop all the nonsense her father has created. 
As she walks over to the door she hears someone clear their throat. 
"Father." She looks down at the ground and gives him a quick bow. 
"Where are you going?" Mr Lee questions his daughter. 
Minhee watches as he takes a few steps closer to her. "We are going to dinner party soon. You should be dressed up by now." 
"I just neede some fresh air." Minhee comes up with an excuse. 
Mr Lee shakes his head in disagreement. "No honey." He steps closer to his daughter. "You have to follow rules and get ready. We are not letting our people down. We will be having a few overseas companies coming to the party to congratulate you on your engagement to Jungkook." 
How could she forget? She thinks to herself. Today is the infamous day of the announcement of the companies arranged marriage between Jungkook and her. "Yes father." As much as she hated what was going on there was nothing she could do. She wanted to run out the door and ignore her father but she knew he was too powerful and would go to the ends of the world to find her. 
"I bought you this dress." Mr Lee quickly grabs the small golden gift box from the table. "I want you to wear it for the dinner party." 
"Yes. Thank you father." Minhee bows slightly before grabbing the box and rushing up the stairs to her room. The years well up in her eyes as she tries to control them from falling from her eyes. Everything is happening too quickly, her father is trying to send her off forgetting that not long ago he sent her away. He took away her friends and true love. Minhee walks over to her bathroom to freshen up. She looks at herself in the mirror as she puts small amounts of makeup. She doesn't feel well she feels sick and tired. The baby. She looks down at her flat stomach. She feels a little bloated. In a few months it will be noticeable, she will have a baby. How can she tell her father? If she tells her father maybe he will cancel the wedding? Maybe then she can

Please log in to read the full chapter