CHAPTER TWO

· WINGS ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWO

Minhee and Jimin sat at their table smiling at each other and engaging in a conversation about his work. They had completely blocked out every other person in the restaurant as they were only thinking about each other and how happy they were to finally be together. 

"Does it feel weird working in my dad's company?" Minhee asked as she closed the distance with her boyfriend. She has missed him like crazy. 

"No." Jimin laughed darkly. "Well at first it was odd because people would stare at me and wonder what my intentions with you were. They were constantly asking me if I was in love with you or after your money. After a couple of months, they realized that I loved you and they accepted it." 

"Did my dad give you a hard time?" Minhee's voice lowered. She knew her father could be a harsh boss and the thought of Jimin dating her would probably push him to be a harsher person on him. 

"No. He was very kind to me. He knew I was going to school and had a very strict school schedule I had to follow. He helped me find a good work schedule." Jimin's mind pondered to her dad. He was a very kind and charismatic man.

"My dad was being nice?" She laughed a little and leaned on her chair. "I'm surprised." 

"Babe I know it is hard for you to believe it but it's true." Jimin leaned in towards his girlfriend and handed her the menu. "Let's order I am starving." 

Minhee smiled at the man in front of her. She wanted to her focus her mind and thoughts on him and not her dad. She was still a bit bitter for her father sending them away and never visiting them after that. At least she had her sister, her brothers, and most importantly the love of her life sitting right beside her. However, her father still hurt her, he never attended any award ceremonies or holidays with them. 

 

Back at home, everyone is sitting in the living room watching some TV while Jungmee played with Minjung on the ground by the foot of the couch. 

"You are so cute." She placed a small kiss on her forehead yearning a smile from Minjung The little girl chuckles as Jungmee brought her towards her and tickled her cute little belly. "I see you been feeding her a lot." 

Yoongi laughed as he looks at his little girl. "She always wants to eat!" 

"I think it is great." Jungmee smiled as Minjung starts playing with her hair. "It shows how much you love her." 

Yoongi smiled. Minjung is the only thing he has left from his former girlfriend after she had passed away. She is starting to resemble her mother. "Yes." 

"Auntie has freckles." Minjung pushed her hands against Jungmee's face with her chubby little hands. "I love you!" The little girl left a kiss on her auntie and yearned the stares of the boys. 

"Minjung this just reminded me of something!" Jungmee stood up from the ground. "We got everyone gifts from California!" 

"Gifts?" Hoseok chirped as he propped up from the couch. Jungmee dashed up the stairs to her room and grabbed the big travel bag that was attached to her luggage. She quickly walked down the stairs to the living room. 

"Okay let's see where do I start?" She sat down on the floor and Minjung followed sitting right next to her aunt. She watched as her aunt opened the bag. 

"What's that?" Minjung pointed to a dark furry little thing popping out. 

"This?" Jungmee laughs. She grabs it from the bad revealing a cute Stitch plushie. "This is for you." 

Minjung excitedly jumps up from the ground. "Papa, can I accept it?" She looks over at Yoongi and he nods. "Thank you." She grabs the little plushie that is almost too big for her to carry and she runs off to show her dad. 

"This is for Jimin." Jungmee scoots the gift. "Here you go Hoseok." She hands him a small box. 

"What is this?" Hoseok joked around as he shakes the box. He opens it and his eyes light up. "Yes! A snow globe!" The girls knew he had been collecting snow globes most of his life and knew that he needed more for his collection. "I love it!" Hoseok places it back in the box and runs off to put it on his shelf next to his New York snow globe. 

"This is for Namjoon." Jungmee passes him a heavy box. "Be careful it might break." 

Namjoon smiles as he opens the box. He stares in awe at the gift. "This is amazing!" He grabs the plate that has a beautiful picture of Marilyn Monroe. 

"It was so hard to find!" Jungmee points out. "Everyone wants one." 

"How did you guys get it?" Namjoon stares in shock. 

"We drove all the way to Sacramento and found this antique shop that had all kinds of cool things. Minhee pointed it out because she remembers that you had collected many of these and you were placing them in your tattoo shop. We grabbed it immediately." 

"This is amazing. Thank you." Namjoon smiles. "I only need a few more and it is complete!" 

Jungmee smiles as she grabs the next gift for Yoongi. "This one is for you!" She hands it to Yoongi. 

Yoongi unwraps it and finds the latest CD of Lupe Fiasco. "Woah." 

"Check inside there is more." Jungmee states. He opens it and an autograph from Lupe Fiasco is found on the inside: Yoongi keep working hard! Lupe Fiasco 

"How did you girls get it?" Yoongi states as he stares at the autograph inside. 

"We went to an autograph signing of his for his latest album." Jungmee smiles. 

"Thank you so much!" Yoongi smiles as he shows Namjoon his gift. 

"Who else did you girls bring presents for?" Hoseok asks as he comes back in and sits on the couch. 

"Let's see." Jungmee rummages through her bag. "We have gifts for Jimin, Jimin's dad, Bobby, your mom, my dad, Taehyung, Dongwon, Taehyung's aunt. Jungkook, Jin's mom and Jin." 

"Jungkook," Yoongi calls out. "I wonder what happened to him." 

"What do you mean?" Jungmee asks curiously. She has no idea what Yoongi means by that. 

"He sort of just disappeared before Minhee woke up from the accident. We tried calling him and sending him messages for months but he never responded." Yoongi states. "He also deleted all his social media accounts. He fell out the map to this day we don't know anything about him."

"That truly is a bummer." Jungmee looks down at the gifts and pushes Jungkook's gift away. Maybe they won't be seeing him after all. She notices Jin's gift inside the bag. Jungmee sighs at the thought of Jin once again. "Is it okay if one of you boys gives Jin and his mom their gifts? I don't feel ready to see him just yet." 

Namjoon nods. "I'll take it to him." He walks over to Jungmee and grabs the gifts in her hands. "He was telling me he needed help painting the walls of his art exhibit building." 

"How is he doing?" Jungmee asks. Even though their relationship completely chattered she was still thinking about him at times. She couldn't help it. 

"He teaches art lessons at an elementary school on some days." Hoseok states. "He also is working on a mural for the children's hospital. He has done murals for other places such as businesses, schools, and parks. He is kind of a celebrity now. Everyone wants to work with him and his paintings are worth so much." 

"That is amazing." Jungmee states. She really is happy he is working on his art and continuing with his dream. 

"He does ask about you." Hoseok smiled faintly. He recalled the one night he scrolled through her Instagram pictures after they had broken up. He created an art piece of her looking out into the sea.  

Jungmee's heart dropped. She suddenly felt dizzy imagi

Please log in to read the full chapter