CHAPTER ELEVEN

· WINGS ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER ELEVEN

- Mrs. Lee POV - 

"Honey, don't you think...you're being too harsh on the girls?" I said as I tried to keep my foot down, I never had to stand against him before, so this felt so uncomfortable for me. 
"What?" He looked at me strangely, he was definitely caught off guard. 
"You're really going to make your daughters marry someone they don't love? or even know?" I replied. 
"Honey. Don't you start with me now? You are supposed to be my support through this all, but you're starting to sound like our immature daughters" He said firmly. 
"Don't you ever call me immature, when you're not even being rational about anything! I didn't marry you because you were rich or for your money! I fell in love with your personality, but I don't even know who you are anymore" I said getting angry now. 
"We will NOT be having a discussion about this. I have already made my decision, and therefore will not change my mind. I expected better from you" He said like a child and walked out of our room. I could not believe who he became, and the way he was acting. 
Why do I love that man as much as I do? I often questioned myself. I sighed as I sat down on our bed, my phone started to ring, it was my son Yoongi. 
"Hello?" I answered. 
"Mom, are you really going to let dad do this?" He said with a hurt in his voice. 
"Do what sweetheart?" I asked stupidly. 
"I know you could see the look of sadness Minhee and Jungmee were feeling at the gathering the other day! You can't tell me you didn't" he sounded so distressed over the phone. "Minhee loves Jimin! and you know it!" he continued. 
"Honey I know, I know. I just- I don't know what I can do. I feel so powerless against your father" I said feeling pathetic. 
"Mom, you are not powerless. You just don't want to speak up against him. He isn't hitting you is he?!" His tone changed. 
"What? No! Absolutely not, he's never touched me in such away. Not like you're an actual father-" I gasped when I realized that I had let out too much, how could I be so careless to let such a detail slip. The phone was an awkward silence for a few seconds. "Uh, I'll figure out how to help the girls as much as I can. I just need time son, please" I ended hoping he would just ignore what I had said before. 
"I-it's okay mom. I-I love you, I'll talk to you soon" He stuttered and hung up. 

- End of POV - 

Minhee lay there still in her bed, not wanting to eat, barely sleeping, and depressed. All things definitely not good for her unborn child, she just felt so helpless and she missed Jimin more than she missed anything else. She also missed her sister as well, she wondered what everyone was up to. 
She heard a soft knock on the door "Miss Minhee?" it was the maid bringing in her breakfast. "Please eat today, you are not looking too well. And your child needs food too, please" the maid said. 
"What's your name?" She asked the kind woman. 
"My name is Nayeong, but I get called nana around here miss" Nana bowed towards her. 
"Well, thank you for your kind concern. I appreciate it nana" Minhee smiled as she walked out of the room. That was the warmest interaction she's had since she was brought here. She sat in front of the food, not feeling hungry in the slightest but forced herself to take a bite anyways. She jumped a bit at the sound of the door unlocking once more. She dreaded it thinking it would be Jungkook or even worse, her father. She stood up to face whoever it was
"MINHEE!" She looked to see that it was Jungmee. Minhee ran towards her without hesitation as tears started to stream down her face.
"Jungmee!" Minhee cried. 
"A-are you okay? He hasn't done anything to you has he?" Jungmee asked checking up on her. 
"N-no, I just-" Minhee replied and stopped, she couldn't stop crying. "I hate it here" 
"I'm so so sorry, I'm the worst sister in the entire world," Jungmee said joining her sister in tears. "I'm so sorry" she just continued to say over and over again. 
"No, this is not your fault! Why are you apologizing? And how did you even get here?" Minhee asked so relieved she could see at least someone she loved. 
"Mom brought me here. Gosh, I hate dad. I hate who he's become!" She replied. 
"I've never seen him so evil before, I didn't know at all what he was capable of" Minhee sighed. "But tell me, is there any news on Taehyung being released anytime soon?" she continued. 
"Oh, yeah about that! I have been digging around to find some evidence to prove his innocence. I have been trying to get in contact with his mother actually to see if she knows any details that could be missing. I have hope, I feel like he will get out soon" Jungmee smiled at the thought. Minhee loved when her sister was happy, and she knew Taehyung brought it to her. 
"That's such good news, I'm so happy to hear! If I can help you in any way, please let me know" Minhee smiled hugging her. 
"I will! But Minhee, I really need to tell you something" Jungmee frowned.
"What's up?" Minhee asked worriedly. 
Jungmee looked around everywhere, in searches of her father being around and whatnot "I..I should've told you that dad threatened me" She replied feeling ashamed. 
"W-what?" Minhee replied. 
"The night of the gathering, when you and Jimin were talking to each other dad was there and overheard everything he held me and kept my mouth shut while he listened in on your conversation, all while he was threatening to ruin our lives even more than he already has" Jungmee was tearing up again at this point. 
"Oh my gosh! Jungmee, that's awful!" 
"But I should've told you! I shouldn't have kept my mouth shut, I should've said something so that you could've been with Jimin! I was so stupid and selfish, I'm sorry, I just didn't want your situation to be worse I-" Jungmee was interrupted by the person I dreaded the most. 
"Oh jungmee, even if you had said something, and Minhee somehow managed to leave with him, they still wouldn't have made their flight. You see, with money there isn't anything in the world I can't do. And there isn't any information I can't find out, so even if I hadn't been there to listen in on your childish conversation, I still would've known" Their fathers smiled as his voice pierced their ears. 
"You're a monster!" Minhee yelled. 
"I'm your father, and I only want what's best for you!" He replied. 
"How do you know what's best when you let money make your decisions for you! You're nothing but a heartless, selfish sorry excuse of a man!" Jungmee argued, she was holding Minhee back protecting her in case their father tried to harm them.
"How many times do I have to tell you and your mother that this situation is not up for debate? I have already made my decision, and I make the money in this family so therefore I make the rules. And if you choose to keep going against me, I will take away things you hold dear. Starting with Jimin and Taehyung" He ended the conversation and left the two girls speechless. 

Soon after, the day of the wedding reception had arrived. Minhee felt awful the whole day, her stomach just twisted and turned because she was getting married to a complete stranger. 
"You look, beautiful baby," Her stepmother said. 
"Stunning" Jungmee joined in. 
"Thank you," I said softly as I tried to smile. 

- Jungkook POV - 

"I can't believe the casanova of our group is getting married," Nathan said. I just laughed at the thought while looking at myself in the mirror. I met Nathan while I was away for those three years, I chose him as my best man. 
"Whatever dude, the marriage means nothing honestly" I replied. 
"Man, you should've seen Ana, she broke down when she found out you were getting married" Nathan laughed. "Man, hate to break the news to the rest of your fangirls back in London" He continued teasing. 
"You think a ring will stop me?" I laughed. "This marriage is meaningless, I just like the idea that I finally have the girl I supposedly always wanted. Pfft, what was I thinking liking her? She's totally bland" I continued. 
"My man! We aren't the types to let a woman tie us down. Glad I still have you here" Nathan smiled. 

- End of POV -  

Minhee stood looking in the mirror dreading having to go outside and face the people waiting.
"Don't be afraid, everything will be fine" Jungmee said as she held both her sister's hands. They stood together as their foreheads touched silently crying. 
"I wish mom was still alive" Jungmee whispered. 
"Hurry up girls! It's finally time!" Their father said as he approached them. "Now is not the time to be crying! You're ruining your makeup and we have to look good for the cameras out there, and most importantly Jungkook" He said as he was getting ready to her out.
"I'll see you outside okay?" Jungmee said as she said goodbye. 
Soon enough, the doors to the reception out in the yard had opened and the light quickly penetrated the room they were in. Music started to play, as rose petals flew from above showering on top of them. She walked down the aisle hand in hand with her father as she tried her best to smile. She looked around, and her heart was at ease looking to see Hoseok, Yoongi, Minjung, Namjoon, Jin, and her sister. She smiled at them and waved, with tears in some of their eyes. 
She looked forward to seeing Jungkook standing there, waiting for her at the little pavilion. She felt her stomach completely drop. What was she getting herself into? She breathed in and out, as her eyes wandered the crowd once more, and there he was the love of her life standing in the midst of them, Jimin. He smiled and waved at her wi

Please log in to read the full chapter