CHAPTER THIRTEEN

· WINGS ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

Minhee saw herself sitting in a beautiful meadow of flowers, the sun beaming brightly as she sat on a typical checkered blanket for a picnic, a beautiful food spread sat in front of her as she watched children playing in a field with a familiar head guiding them around, the closer she looked, she recognized that it was Jimin. Her eyes widened, as she continued to look around to observe her surrounding, and there sitting beside her, the most beautiful sight she had seen in a while, her beautiful mother smiling as she held another child in her hands. Could these be her kids? She thought to herself and she looked down to see that she was pregnant still. She looked over in the distance once more and saw her sister Jungmee, running around with two children as well. Taehyung standing there, smiling while watching. 
"Mom! mom help! Daddy is chasing me!" I heard a little voice call out in the distance, I saw a beautiful little boy run behind me and hide as Jimin pretending to grab him from behind me.
"Babe, help!" Jimin called out and chuckled. She just laughed she had never felt such happiness in her life. I smiled as I looked over to see my mother looking at me with the same face she used to when she wanted to talk heart to heart with her and her sister. "Honey, your father needs time to realize he's wrong. Just wait" Her mom said and with that the background started to fade, and she quickly sat up. 
Minhee admittedly despite the horrific side of Jungkook she was seeing right now, always had a soft spot for the boy. She knew this wasn't who he was, she knew Jungkook was just lonely and he wasn't raised on love. She doesn't understand at all what happened to him, but she knew he was better than what he was giving off at the moment. She didn't love him the same way she loved Jimin, but she still cared for him.
She was tired of crying, she was tired of feeling like this and it was only the second day of their marriage. She needed to get herself together most importantly for her unborn child, all this stress she was experiencing was definitely not healthy for either one. If there was one thing she was going to retain through this marriage was that her baby would definitely be born healthy and strong. She was scared of Jungkook especially after the way he was acting the other night, but she also felt that nothing would be solved if there was no communication between the two. She found herself in the bed, while Jungkook was still laying on the floor completely hammered, he looked so disheveled. She quickly got out of bed and ran as she felt nauseous, and quickly hovered herself over the toilet. She wiped , got up, and cleaned herself up when all of a sudden her phone started ringing, unknown number. 
"Hello?" She answered. 
"Babe? Baby is that you?" The voice said, a voice all too familiar that it brought tears to her eyes. 
"Jimin" Was all she managed to respond as she held to hide her crying in fear that she would wake Jungkook up from his drunken slumber. 
"My love, I miss you so much!" He cried over the phone. Minhee quickly walked passed everything in the room and crept out to talk more comfortably on the deck outside of their room. 
"I miss you more" Minhee looked down as her tears started to fall again. 
"How are you? how is baby? Are you crying?" He asked 
"I'm doing as good as I can be at the moment, but our baby is well. Baby misses feeling you with me" Minhee smiled as she rubbed her stomach thinking about Jimin being with her. 
"Babe, can you facetime? That's so good, I'm so happy I get to hear your voice." He asked. Minhee quickly looked at the settings on her phone, and turned the camera on.
"Say hi to baby my love" Minhee said as she pointed the camera down to her stomach, she placed it close and she could hear Jimin make a kissing noise "Hi my baby love. Daddy misses you so much and thinks about you and mommy every day. We'll be together again, daddy will make sure it happens. But for now, please be nice to mommy and her body okay? Eat delicious meals so that both of you can be happy and full because mommy can be a little mean when she's hungry" He said, the couple just laughed together. "Never forget that I'm your dad, and that I love you" He ended and kissed the screen again. Minhee lifted the screen back to her face and tears started to fall once again, she missed Jimin's embrace and kisses, his love, his singing, everything. 
"Babe, are you okay? Why do you look so sick?" He asked. 
"I've been throwing up ever since we got here, I'm miserable love. And Jungkook is so...so different. I don't know how to explain it, but i'm actually scared of him, and to be around him" She replied looking into their bedroom, she saw that he was still knocked out on the floor thankfully. 
"Babe you need to rest up! I'm so sorry there isn't more I can do for you now. But just know that you can make it! You are such a strong woman, and you've never let anything bring you down" She felt so much comfort hearing such words come from her lovers lips. "Also, that bastard isn't hitting you is he!" Jimin continued angrily. 
"No no, but he does have horrible anger issues. Also possession issues too, every day he has to constantly remind me that I married him and not you, it's definitely not the Jungkook we were friends with." She replied. 
"This definitely confirmed my worries about you. I didn't think Jungkook was right in the head when I snuck into the dinner party that announced the marriage of you two. He just seemed like me in the past. Flirty with girls, disregards people's feelings, it sent shivers down my spine to see his personality change. But please babe, do not hide from me if he is hitting you, please tell me" He begged. 
"Jimin, I can't risk your life for mine. I need you alive and well, my father is capable of a lot of things and I don't know how I can protect you if he finds out that we're even talking right now" Minhee said. 
"Minhee, I promise I'll be okay no matter what. Focus on protecting yourself and the baby for now, we will be together again no matter what happens. Take care of yourself my love, I'll try and see when I can contact you again" He said. 
"Wait wait, please. Don't hang up just yet, stay with me for a little longer" Minhee whispered in between broken breaths. "please" she broke down. 
Their foreheads coming together over the video call, tears streaming both their faces because they knew this was a situation they had to endure for a little while. Who knows when they would be able to embrace one another again. 

Jungmee had planned to meet up with Taehyung's mom, to hopefully find more information on what exactly happened the night her husband died in the hospital. Jungmee was going to get Taehyung out if that was the last thing she was going to do. She was asked by his mother to meet at a small cafe in a smaller neighborhood. She walked in and looked around to see if she had arrived, she looked at her watch and saw that it was definitely the time she said to meet her at. 
"Are you Jungmee?" She suddenly heard a voice come from in front of her. She looked to see a beautiful woman standing in front of her at a little table in the corner of the room. 
"Yes, you must be Ms. Kim" She smiled. 
"You can call me Hyemi as well, I just want to thank you for taking the time to be here. It truly means a lot" She smiled. She was such a sweet lady, but she harbored a bit of bitterness towards her, since she was indeed the one that sent him to prison in the first place. The two sat down at the table, and she brought out some files. 
"Before anything, I just want to explain why Taehyung is in prison in the first place. You must have a bit of ill feelings towards me, I know how much you mean to my son because he talks about you every time I visit him" The lady chuckles. "But I had to send him to prison, as I had no way of protecting him myself."
"What do you mean? Protect him from what?" Jungmee asked. 
"You see, my husband had an addiction to drugs. As a doctor, he had access to all the stuff he needed at the time, but when his addiction became worse and his cravings directed towards stronger drugs he didn't have access to at the hospital, he got himself involved with a notorious gang within this town that helped him find what would satisfy his monstrous cravings. Slowly, his addiction started to spiral. I didn't think it could get any worse than it already was. His cravings became so bad, that if he didn't have his fix for the day, he would turn abusive towards not only me, but my son as well. He had never hit me before, but his addiction was just out of his control"
"So that's why Taehyung felt the need to protect you and himself" Jungmee sat there in deep thought. Everything after so long was starting to come together and make sense. 
"Exactly. His addiction became worse, and he became more aggressive. I am admittedly at fault as well too though, I knew about his addiction and didn't stop it, I was foolish and let it continue to happen because I was too afraid that he would become more aggresive. I even assisted him in some of the drug exchanges he would be part of" She stopped for a little, almost as if to show the shame she was feeling. "Gosh, I don't understand myself sometimes. I don't understand why I let it go on for so long. But anyways, there soon came the day when my husband got fired from his position because he was caught taking drugs from the hospital, as well as tampering with his paychecks so he can get a little more money to spend on his addiction. Not that life already wasn't spiraling downward, but it got worse after that. Turns out he wasn't even paying for the drugs, but simply making promises to pay them back for it when he got the money. So there came a day when they were fed up with his lies, and threatened to kill him if he didn't pay up. He didn't get his drugs that day, and I bet you can guess how that all played out" She sighed.
"So that's when he became more aggresive and the night that Taehyung snapped and stabbed him?" Jungmee said. 
"Yup, he was beating me more than he usually did, and Taehyung witnessed it and snapped, ran towards him, and stabbed him twice. He couldn't believe what he had just done so he ran off before I could stop him. I called an ambulance that came and rushed my husband into the ER, and he definitely was not dead. Although Taehyung thought he was. All I know for now is that he mysteriously died in the hospital under "mysterious circumstances" they declared, I always thought it was strange but couldn't look much into it because I knew they were watching me. Because they couldn't receive payment from my dead husband, they were definitely going after Taehyung. The gang has one rule though, they do not go after women and children. In their eyes, it's cowardly and dishonorable. So the only one left, was my teenage son. I as a mother had to come up with a quick means of protecting him, and I just declared to the police that it was my son who had killed his father. It was the only way I could keep him safe because I myself was powerless in this situation. I needed time to find evidence to prove that his father died some other way and that he was in fact innocent. So here I am, still trying after years to prove my sons innocence. So I'm very grateful you reached out to me"
"Thank you for telling me that, I just remember the day he told me that you had confessed to the cops and that he was sentenced to life, it broke my heart to think that his own mother could do that to him. But I now fully understand why you did so, you still protected him even though it was in a way that would be seen as bad. I have so much respect for you and I'm thankful you are allowing me on this journey with you to free your son. So I was able to receive hospital records of all visitors that came when your husband first got into the hospital, up to when he died, and saw that he passed away shortly after a person going by the name of Yeongdo had came for a small visit. I also gained access to some surveillance footage of the hallway your husband's hospital room was in. I followed the time that was listed for when Yeongdo came into the hospital and was able to print this picture off of his face. Although he d

Please log in to read the full chapter