CHAPTER SEVEN

· WINGS ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER SEVEN

Jimin had awoken early in the morning and headed off to work. Minhee sat in her room peering out the window of her bedroom, she slowly looked down at her stomach really wondering if there was a child growing inside, or if the test had merely lied. Suddenly her phone started to ring bringing her out of the thoughts that consumed her mind, it was their father calling. 
Jungmee had knocked and walked in by this point, and Minhee had answered the call. 
"Hello?" she answered timidly, she wondered what her father had in store for her this time. She put it on speaker so that both of them could hear the conversation. 
"Hey sweetheart, so I was looking at nice apartments for you and Jungkook to move in. I was wondering, would you prefer to have a view of the ocean or maybe the city? I'm having a hard time because I know you really enjoy both" he said. Every time she spoke to her dad, she hated it because he would only ever talk about materialistic things, he never asked anything that actually mattered anymore. 
"Why are you doing this to me?" She spoke up. This was the first time she had ever said something against her father's word, she just didn't feel like this was right at all. Especially not while she's carrying Jimin's child inside of her. 
"What did you just say?" he replied. Jungmee's eyes had widened too as Minhee was never the confrontational type. 
"I said why are you doing this to me? To us? You don't ever come around anymore, you don't even ask us how we are and then you just call once in a while and suddenly impose your intentions on us? I don't even know who you are anymore" Her voice quivered a bit as she spoke, but she still held her ground. She was afraid, but she needed to stand up sometime. 
"Minhee Lee, I will not have you speak to me in that tone of voice" He replied now getting angry. Minhee started crying at this point, and she didn't know what else to say except that she wished her mother was still alive. She never knew this side of her father, and then it lead to her thinking if her mom was actually happy, or was she just good at deceiving us. 
"I feel like you're just selling me! Does being your daughter mean nothing to you anymore? and now you're trying to take me away from Jungmee? I don't understa-" He then cut her off immediately. 
"You will marry Jungkook and that is FINAL. You will move away from Jungmee and that is FINAL. I'll find your sister a worthy bachelor soon, if you're worried about her being lonely. Minhee, you will learn one day that I am doing this all for you and Jungmee! I knew it was a mistake calling you, you're not mature enough to understand that in life we must make sacrifices and make some hard decisions, and this is just one of them for you." and with that, he hung up. Minhee didn't even have words to say anymore, her mind just shut down at that point and she looked at her sister with a gloomy expression trying her best not to cry as she had already done enough of that. 
"knock knock! Can we come in? we made breakfast" they heard a voice at their door. It was Hoseok and Namjoon. 
"yeah come in" Minhee sniffled and chuckled a little. 
"The atmosphere feels a little heavy in here, is everything okay?" Namjoon asked. 
"Mm, to be honest no" Minhee frowned as the tears fell.
"Hey hey, what's the matter?" Hoseok said as he came and sat on the bed next to the girls. 
"Everything's the matter." Jungmee said as she tried to look away from her sister trying to keep herself from crying. Namjoon came on Jungmee's side and placed his arm around her, trying his best to give comfort. 
"Please tell us what's going on" Hoseok pleaded wrapping his arms around Minhee, he hated seeing the two of them like this. 
Minhee did her best to maintain her composure so she could tell them. "Well, Jungkook is back. You know the meeting that we went to that my dad bought those dresses for? It was to discuss the marriage between Jungkook and I" She replied as she felt her stomach drop again. 
"W...what!?" Namjoon said shocked. Hoseok was shocked and saddened, thinking about the ring that Jimin was going to use to propose to her. 

- Hoseok F L A S H B A C K -  

"I hope she likes it" Jimin said as he looked at the ring. 
"Nonsense man, it's beautiful. She'll love it!" I smiled ruffling his hair. 
"I wanted the ring to be a reflection of the light she brought into my life after being complete darkness for so long. I hope this is a ring worthy of her, because she deserves the world" He smiled as the ring glistened in the ray of sunlight that shone through the living room window. 

- E N D - 

It saddened their brothers to hear of the news. But it saddened them even more to see their sisters in so much distress. 
"But you and Jungkook will be living here right?" Namjoon asked. Minhee shook her head. "Wait hold on, so what's the plan then?" He continued. 
"I'm moving away even before the wedding. Because dad want's me to experience being away from Jungmee. He says we're too attatched to each other and it's time I learn to be away from her. And Jungkook's.....changed" Minhee said. 
"Huh? Like how?" Hoseok asked. 
"He's like how Jimin used to be. His aura just....seemed lustful. Looking at Jungkook, it didn't feel like him at all" Jungmee responded. It shocked Namjoon and Hoseok because they never would've thought someone like Jungkook would ever turn out like that. 
"Wherever he left for those years, it must've seriously done something to him" Namjoon shook

Please log in to read the full chapter