CHAPTER NINETEEN [M]

· WINGS ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER NINETEEN: 

"Yes, he is heading to that hospital," Hoseok informed the person on the phone as he watched his friends and family run to their cars to follow the ambulance. He was on the phone with Mrs. Kim. "We will meet you there." 
They all managed to arrive at the hospital. Mrs. Kim came running into the lobby and searched for his friends. 
"Mrs. Kim." Hoseok waved from his seat. She sighed and walked over to his friends. 
"Have you heard anything?" She asked as she looked around for the doctor. 
"No." Hoseok shook his head. 
"What exactly happened?" Mrs. Kim asked as she sat down. She felt nauseous and needed to sit down. 
"Well.." Namjoon answered. "We were getting ready for our supper and he drank some wine..."

"Oh my." Mrs. Kim sighed. "He is not supposed to be drinking." 
"We didn't know." Namjoon shrugged as he looked at everyone. "He never told us anything." 
"It's okay." Mrs. Kim looked down at the ground. They waited patiently in the waiting room for any news. 
"Kim Seokjin." A husky low voice called. 
Mrs. Kim immediately stood up from her seat and walked towards the middle-aged man. He wrote a couple of notes on his clipboard. 
"Yes?" She asked as she fidgeted with the wedding ring in her left hand. Despite her divorcing her husband she never removed the ring from her finger. She did not love her husband anymore but was grateful for having Seokjin with that man. Unfortunately, she knew she was going to be losing her only child and it pained her immensely. 
"Seokjin is resting. He had forgotten to take his medication this morning. We connected an IV and as long as he gets some rest, he should be up tomorrow morning." 
Mrs. Kim exhaled the air she was holding in. "Thank you so much." She bowed slightly. 
"I can only let one guest inside his room. I apologize but everyone must get going." The doctor informed as he looked at the large group standing behind Mrs. Kim. The friends watched as Mrs. Kim follows the doctor through the large white corridor that headed to the patient care. They knew they would not be seeing Seokjin for a couple of days. 
 

"Congratulations Seokjin!" Minhee walked up to Seokjin and embraced the taller man. "This is amazing." 
She had walked around his art exhibit and looked carefully at every painting. However, he was still going to reveal the main attraction of his paintings. 
"Thank you." Seokjin pulled the petite pregnant girl closer to him. He was going to miss her a lot, he sighed. "Oh my, how are you feeling?" He looked down at her belly and noticed the growth. 
"I had some swollen feet and leg cramps. At 20 weeks of pregnancy, I have noticed a lot of backaches too." Minhee chuckled as she brought her free hand to her belly. "However, I am very happy. I went to my ultrasound a couple of weeks back and I found out the gender of my baby!" 
"Really?" Seokjin smiled brightly. He did not want to ask her the gender of the baby, he wanted to wait until she revealed it herself.  "Have you thought of any names?" 
Minhee chuckled like a child. "I am going to be choosing names with Jimin. He is so excited..." her voice lowered when she felt a taller presence stand next to her. She turned her attention to the male and the smile on her face slowly diminished turning into a noticeable frown. 
"Hey, Jungkook." Seokjin coughed as he tried changing the dark atmosphere between them. 
"Hey, I just wanted to congratulate you." Jungkook smiled at the taller man. "Everything looks amazing." He pulled the whiskey to his lips and smirked slightly. 
Seokjin nodded his head and looked at the unfamiliar yet familiar face in front of him. He pondered and asked himself if Minhee was doing okay with him. He could tell she despised the man she called her husband. 
"I really hope you guys enjoy it." Seokjin smiled. "I can not wait to show my main attraction for the evening. I am sure you and the rest will absolutely love it. Please enjoy it and leave any suggestions for me." 
Seokjin roamed the room around for his friends. He felt very uncomfortable with Jungkook although he wanted to stay with Minhee, he knew he could not stand Jungkook. He wanted to slap the kid and tell him to let her go. He continued roaming the room and found Hoseok staring fondly at a painting.

"Something wrong?" Seokjin's eyebrow raised when he noticed Hoseok quietly staring. 
"No not at all. This just looks familiar." Hoseok answered. 
"Yeah. It's the one bridge close to your home." Seokjin answered.
"That's why." Hoseok chuckled as he remembered the bridge. "We used to hang out there all the time." 
  Namjoon stood close to the podium and watched as the people walked around the exhibit and analyzed every picture in the room. 
"Hey." Jimin walked over to the man with a drink in his hand. "How are you holding up?" 
Namjoons sighed removing his gaze from the guests to Jimin. "I am doing better." 
"You sure?" Jimin asked bringing his champagne to his lips. He took a small sip of his drink. "You have been very quiet these couple of days."

"After finding out the main cause of my family's death, I feel free," Namjoon answered. 

"You aren't hurt?" Jimin furrowed his eyebrows.

"I am still hurt," Namjoon answered. "I miss them tremendously but I feel free. I have been thinking about my goals now, I want to have a future." 
"Everyone has a future Namjoon," Jimin answered but quickly took it back remembering Seokjin's current stage. "I didn't mean it that way." 
"I know what you meant." Namjoon smiled slightly as he thought about his best friend. "I have my tattoo shop but I am thinking about going back to school. I dropped out of high school when my family passed away, so I been thinking of finishing my last year of school to get my GED. Once I get that I am thinking of opening up a restaurant." 
"Really?" Jimin asked. "What kind of food?" 
"Anything really." Namjoon answered, "But I do not plan on opening it here though..." 

"You going to go back to your hometown?" Jimin pondered. He never really heard Namjoon talk about his hometown. 
"I was thinking more about a different country," Namjoon explained. "The United States."

"That's great!" Jimin smiled as he thought about his friend moving to the United States. His friends were slowly disappearing one by one. He hated that feeling. 

"See that over there?" Jungmee pointed to the picture on the wall, she held Minjung in her arms as the small little girl kept her gaze on the painting with flowers. 
"Flowers!" Minjung laughed. 
"Yes." Jungmee chuckled. "Which one is your favorite?" 
"The yellow one," Minjung answered. "What about yours?" 
"I like the pink one a lot." Jungmee smiled as she looked back at the small girl. "You know lately I been liking the color pink." 
"Why?" Minjung questioned as she tilted her head. "Is it because of uncle Jin?" 
Jungmee sighed as she looked over at the man standing with a group of men. He was smiling brightly and nodding his head. His hair was once again dyed pink and despite him having lost most of his hair he still looked handsome. 
"Yes." Jungmee smiled remembering the kind and joyful encounters she had with Seokjin years ago. "I like the color pink because of his hair." 
"Uncle Tae!" Minjung extended her arms as she watched the blonde man approach them from behind. 
"Minjung!" He extended his hands to reach for the small little girl. 
"Hey." He blushed like a child when he noticed Jungmee staring at him. 
"Hello." She answered shyly as she watched him pull the small girl into his arms. "How is work?" 

"It's going great. Jimin's mom is so kind to have offered me a position at her company. I get to run errands with Jimin." Taehyung smiled. "Having my own place feels so nice as well." 
"How is it like?" Jungmee chuckled. 
"It is great. I absolutely love it." Taehyung smiled. "I love my aunt and Dongwon a lot but I think it was getting way too crowded with them. Dongwon needs his own room and well I told my aunt that I was ready to live on my own. My apartment is very small but it is only five minutes away from my work which is very nice." 
She was very happy for him but somehow he still felt distant from her. She knew so much about him but there were some hidden things she tried to figure out. She absolutely had fallen for the man that stood in front of her but she knew there were some things he kept away from her to stop her from worrying too much. 
"How are you doing?" Taehyung asked as she brushed Minjung's hair off her small face. "I notice you aren't wearing your ring." He pointed to her left hand and noticed the empty slender finger. 
"It does not mean anything to me." She sighed as she looked at her hand and pushed them down against her sides. "You know that wedding is a publicity stunt for my father." 
"Hey Minjung!" Taehyung called out to the small girl in his arms. 
"Yes?" The little cocked her head to the side and waited patiently for him to respond.
"You see Uncle Hoseok?" He pointed towards the man that stood next to a canvas filled with bright colors. "Go over to him okay. He will take care of you." 
"Okay!" Taehyung and Jungmee watched as the little girl ran across the room to Hoseok. They waited to make sure Hoseok acknowledged her presence and picked her up. 
"It doesn't mean anything to you, why are you still there?" Taehyung asked bringing his arms across his chest as he folded them. 
"I have to stay there for a while." Jungmee sighed as she picked on her purse. The past seven weeks have been dreadful. She constantly heard Jinhwan and his girlfriend bickering or arguing over simple things. At night she could hear the loud noises coming from their room after the make-up for their morning arguments. Jinhwan had tried to talk to her but when he does it is to call her names and when he is drunk to make flirtatious advances. She does not tell anyone about this not even her sister. "My father can't suspect anything." 
"Yeah..." Taehyung purred. "He can not know about our relationship." 
"Taehyung." Jungmee sighed. "You don't understand, do you?" 
"I just don't want to keep our relationship hidden," Taehyung explained. "I never been this happy in years and the fact that I have you now is the best thing in my life. I don't want to hide it anymore. Jungmee I want to scream out loud and tell the world how much I love you and how I want to spend the rest of my life with you." 
"Give me some time." Jungmee gaped at the floor, afraid of looking at Taehyung in the eyes. She knew she was going to burst out crying if she stared into his eyes. She wanted to be with him as well but was trying to figure out how to prevent her father from meddling in their relationship. She also wanted to help her sister get out of the relationship she was in. 
"That marriage doesn't mean anything." Ta

Please log in to read the full chapter