CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE [M]

· WINGS ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-Three: 

Mature scene towards the end. 

The car ride back to the city was a blur for Minhee. She doesn't recall exactly what happened or how she convinced Jungkook to head back home. All she could think of was the conversation she had with Jungmee. If she had just stayed in the city, would have Jimin be okay? If she hadn't hung up on him would he not gone with Ivy? Her mind was filled with what ifs. She sat quietly in the passenger seat while Jungkook drove to the city. He would occasionally steal a couple of glances when he had the chance but she never paid attention to him or said a word. She truly did love Jimin and it hurt him deeply. He felt a lump form in his throat. He had to let her go. 

They had somehow arrived at the hospital. He parked as close as possible. Minhee ran out of the car and into the hospital. She frantically scanned the room and found Jungmee and Taehyung sitting together. They looked exhausted. Mr. Park was sitting across from them with a cup of water in his hands. "Jungmee" Minhee cried as she walked on over to her sister. Jungmee pulled Minhee into a hug. 

"I shouldn't have ended..." Minhee sobbed uncontrollably into her sisters shoulder. 

"It's okay. It's not your fault." Jungmee brushed her sister's hair. "He is having surgery right now. They said he will be okay." The girls stood together and held each other tightly. They were engrossed in their own thoughts and didn't notice when Jimin's mother walked in. 

"Where is he?" She asked. 

"What are you doing here?" Mr. Park called out with a stern voice.

"He is my son as well." She answered. "I care about him as much as you do." 

Mr. Park chuckled lightly. "Please, you stopped caring when you left his life years ago. Not once did you worry about all the things he was going through." 

"I have alwaya cared for him and I still care for him now. I had no idea Ivy was capable of such horrendous acts. I have contacted the police department and they are looking for her." 
"You clearly don't know anything about Jimin do you?" Mr. Park shrugged. "You need to leave."

Jimin's mom bit the side of cheek. She indeed had caused a lot of harm to her ex husband and Jimin. However, she had to respect his decisions and his reason to build a strong wall between them. She wished she could turn back the time and stay with her son. She quietly walked on out of the building heading to her car. 

Mr. Park excused himself from the group and headed to the bathroom. Seeing his ex wife caused a lot of pain. 
Minhee sat quietly at the corner of the room. Jungkook watched her from a far. She looked tired and sick. She needed her own peace and happiness. He couldn't imagine what she was holding in and how she was doing it. There had been so many events going on in their lives. It just hurt him to know he was also causing her harm. 
"Park Jimin?" The doctor walked out of the restricted area. Minhee stood up and waddled over to the doctor. 
"How is he?" She murmured. 
"He is resting. He is going to be okay. He probably won't wake up for a couple of hours. We have given him some medication to ease the pain when he wakes up." 
Minhee let out a deep breathe. 
"Once he wakes up, we will want him to meet up with a therapist. He was assaulted and was aware of the situation. We will keep him for a week in the hospital and from there are on out he will have to see the therapist twice a week." 
Jungmee walked on over to hug Minhee. She held her tightly. 
The doctor went back and left the group alone in the emergency room. Minhee explaained everything to Mr. Park when he came back. Namjoon and Hoseok came in quickly and asked Taehyung what exactly happened. They discussed in a small group ignoring the prescence of Jungkook. 
It really hurt Jungkook how distant he felt from Minhee and his friends. Once again, he felt so alone and empty. He knew it was all his fault and there was nothing he could do to win them back especially Minhee. Why wasn't he honest with the way he felt? Why did he hurt her so much these past couple of months? He wanted her all to himself but he knew he couldn't do that. He had to let go of her as much as it pained him. 
Jimin opened his eyes. His body was hurting very badly and he felt his throat very dry. He tried his lips but even moving his mouth hurt him. The fluorescent lights were hurting his eyes. He heard a monitor beeping and he looked down to see he white blanket covering his body. His eyes shifted to the person laying her head down by his hand. She was sleeping peacefully. 
He smiled when he realized who it was. She looked exhausted. How long had it been? He carefully analyzed her and watched as her back raised up and down. She was looking very beautiful with her baby bump. He moved his hand over to touch her face. She suddenly moved in her sleep and opened her eyes to meet with Jimin's. 
"You're awake." She whispered. She moved up and grabbed Jimin's hand. "I'm so sorry." 
"No you shouldn't apologize." Jimin responded. "I should apologize. I was very jealous and felt lonely without you. I didn't mean anything I said. I know you would never do anything to hurt me." 
"No." Minhee stated. "I did hurt you and look at what happened. I let you go to Ivy and she hurt you." 
"I miss you so much." Minhee stated with tearful eyes. "I want to be with you. I need to find a way to stay with you." 
Jimin began to cry. "I miss you too." 
Minhee stood up and sat down on the hospital bed. She pulled Jimin for a tight hug. "We will be together. I promise Jimin." 
Jimin held her tightly. He truly missed the woman he loved the most. 
It took about a week for them to see Jimin. Jimin was released from the hospital eventually. He was able to move around freely and he had time to see Minhee. It hurt Jungkook but he gave Minhee time to spend with Jimin. He watched as she stared at him with a radiant smile. The smile that belonged to Jimin and the way her eyes sparkled in the morning when she got to the hospital. He couldn't stand being in the same room as them. He always dropped her off and then left the hospital to go work at his father's company. All he could think of was how Jimin got to see her smile and he envied it.

A couple of days after Jimin got released, they received a unexpected call. 
"Jungkook..." Minhee marched into the room with eyes filled with tears. 
Jungkook looked up from his desk where he was working on a letter. 
"Seokjin..." Minheee whispered. He stood up from his seat and grabbed his jacket. "Let's go." 
They arrived at Seokjin's home. He saw all of his friends were there already. They were waiting for them to arrive. The atmosphere was dark and gloomy. Jungkook felt his heart pounding faster and faster as they approached Seokjin's room. They arrived at the room and found all his friends circling his bed. He was trying to talk to them each one by one. His mother sat next to him touching his head. The tears falling from her face uncontrollably. His father was there as well. Heartbroken and filled with sorrow. 
Jungmee stood close to Seokjin. He knew she was the person he loved the most. 
"Thank you all for everything." Seokjin smiled as he tried looking around the room. "I will always love you all." 
Minjung held on tightly to her father and stared at the man who was very sick and couldn't move. Yoongi but his lip hard to stop himself from crying. He couldn't believe his friend was leaving. He couldn't believe it. He had saved him so many times from fights and was always there for him whenever his mom and dad fought. They watched as he smiled one last time at them. He reached over to hold Jungmee's hand one last time. It was the last thing he wished for. He wanted to feel her touch one last time before he left this world. She grabbed his hand tightly and could feel his grip loosing up. Her lips quivered as they heard the monitor's beep slow down. He closed his eyes with a smile on his face. Then suddenly she felt his grip soften. The monitor made the horrendous sound of a life being taken away. 
Jungmee let go of his hand and walked back into the arms of Taehyung. She sobbed uncontrollably into his chest and he massaged her head. He began to cry as he thought of Seokjin. He was like a brother and he didn't deserve this at all. 
Seokjin's mother let out a yelp and fell to the ground shaking. His father screamed in agony as he realized his only son was now gone. 
Hoseok walked out of the room with tears filled in his eyes. He couldn't believe his friend was gone. It was so painful for him to lose someone. He hadn't experienced the death of someone he loved until now. It was hard and he needed time alone. He doesn't remember how it happened but he drove away. He needed to be alone with his thoughts. So much has happened in less than two weeks. It had taken such a toll on his mental health. He marched on back to his room and threw himself on the bed. He let out a sharp scream. He wasn't aware that someone else was in the house. He cried for a long time and eventually when he had the courage to stand up, he marched on over to his desk and grabbed the pair of sharp scissors. He pushed his sleeve up and began to cut his wrists. This was the only way for him to let go of the pain and to feel a different pain. The pain in his heart was much worse.

The door to his room suddenly opened up and Mr. Lee stood there with a couple of people dressed in white. 
"Leave me alone." Hoseok pushed his sleeves down to cover the bleeding wounds. 
"Tak

Please log in to read the full chapter