CHAPTER TWENTY [M]

· WINGS ·
Please log in to read the full chapter

CHAPTER TWENTY 

Minhee was playing with Minjung in her home when she suddenly felt a sharp pain in her chest. "ouch" she exclaimed as she placed her palm over the affected area. 
"Auntie Minnie, are you okay?" Her niece asked worried as she stood up and went to kneel by her. "Do you want me to go get uncle Jungkook?" She said as her voice shook. 
"I'm okay babe, I'm okay" She tried comforting the child, but something was wrong. Twin telepathy was a very real thing. "I'm just gonna call Auntie Junggie really quick okay? You play with your toys" She told the little girl who nodded and went back to playing with her toys. 
She panicked and quickly left the room and dialed Jungmee's number. 
"Is everything okay?" Jungkook asked as he noticed the tension. 
"Somethings wrong with Jungmee" Minhee said with desperation in her voice as she eagerly waited for her sister to answer the phone. "Pick up the phone dammit" she muttered under her breath. 
The dial tone had died. It wouldn't even let her leave a message, she wasn't going to delay any longer. "Jungkook, please watch Minjung. I have to go" She ran into her room to grab her keys and bag and quickly left without a second thought. 
Jungkook was left with somewhat of a warm feeling after he had received the request from her. It was first time he felt like she actually needed him, and trusted him. 
Minhee spared no expense and sped towards her sister's place not worrying about cops stopping her for speeding. Her heart was beating rapidly, she could feel that she was on the cusp of an anxiety attack. She hadn't felt this way in a while, at least not since those times back then. When she had arrived she noticed that there were a lot of parked cars in the driveway. Since the house was custom built, it was in a very secluded area from other houses she knew her father didn't want anyone else in their business which is why he settled for such a sequestered area. 
She quickly parked and then opened up her glove box to reveal the handgun she had bought a while back. She placed it in her bag and immediately scurried towards the front door. She knew it was a bad idea especially being by herself, but she needed to see if her sister was okay and she wasn't willing to wait any longer. She pounded on the front door, her heart beating even faster and her face becoming ridden with anxiety, what was she to face? Who would answer? 
She was greeted by an unfamiliar face. The house smell immediately blasted towards her with the strong stench of beer and cigarettes. 
"Who the is it!" She heard the voice of another man roar, followed by all too familiar whimpering. It struck a nerve. 
"Looks like you have a visitor Jinhwan, she's hot too. Kinda looks a lot like your wife honestly" the man laughed, but was intrigued by the petite woman. 
"Oh really?" The voice said as a door from the side slowly swung open, there she could see her sister's petite body, sprawled all across the bed, she was exposed tied up, and had a rag tied across to keep her from yelling. Jinhwan stood there, exposed beneath his hips and one of his friends stood by him, motioning to unbuckle his belt. 
Jinhwan turned to look at Minhee "Man today must be my lucky day. What are the odds I come across two of my trophy wife? You must be Minhee" Jinhwan smirked with hungry eyes. 
"MINHEE RUN!!" Jungmee had let out the most blood-curdling scream Minhee had ever heard. 
"OH MY GOD!" Her eyes were horrified, she started shaking uncontrollably and felt her blood absolutely boiling. She didn't know what happened but something had overcome her. Immediately she brought her handgun and aimed it towards one of his friends. 
"Woah woah okay let's calm down now" He said as he raised his hands. Her reaction caused them all to sober up real quick. 
"Give me my sister" She cocked her gun and aimed it at the man's chest. 
"Aww baby, you wouldn't shoot me. Look at you? Come here and let daddy show you how to really hold a gun" The man laughed, causing his friends to join in. Minhee immediately pointed it at his foot and pulled the trigger and quickly cocked her gun again, the man cried in pain as he was in shock that she had actually shot him. "Are your ears blocked? Give her to me!" She yelled again. 
"You ing !" He screamed in agony as the other man who was in the room tried to come at her, Minhee didn't even flinch and aimed it at the man's leg, he screamed in pain as he fell to ground holding the leg that was injured, she cocked her gun and aimed it at his other leg "Get up and I'll make sure you're immobilized" She threatened.  
She walked over to the room and looked Jinhwan dead in the eyes. "What did you do?" She asked as she cocked her gun once more. 
"Uh I- uh" he was unable to utter a single word or sentence. 
"WHAT. DID. YOU. DO?" Minhee said as she aimed the gun straight at his head. Jungmee just lay there, stunned, unable to decipher if standing before her was really her sister or not. 
"WHAT HAPPENED?" She heard a familiar voice yell from behind them. Minhee turned around to see her father coming towards her. "Minhee! Are you out of your goddamn mind!? Did you shoot them!?" Her father said as he looked at the two men still wincing in pain on the ground. 
"Oh my god" Her mother just stood at the entrance unable to process anything going on. She looked around at the two boys on the ground with blood seeping from their injuries. 
"No YOU are out of your goddamn mind!" She replied as she started becoming emotional. 
"You ing kids are so reckless and ungrateful, you have been nothing but absolutely disrespectful to me and I have done nothing but spoil and try my best to love you and your sister! I thought Jungmee's attitude was bad, but YOU are even worse!" Her father was furious. Jinhwan just stood there confused as all hell but scared out of his mind. He couldn't figure out if he was grateful his life was spared, or ashamed that he let a pregnant woman scare him.  
"Oh my god, PLEASE dad!" Minhee pleaded, her voice in absolute desperation. "Read the ing room! Don't you see what's going on here! This ing piece of took advantage of my sister and let his friends come at her! And you're getting mad at me?" She was crying. Her blood still boiling. Her father just couldn't believe Minhee of all people could be capable of this. 
"Do you know how damaging this could be to our family?! You're lucky that we have the money we do because if I didn't you could be getting arrested right now! Did you really shoot them?" He asked once more.
Minhee was absolutely taken aback, she didn't think their father could get any more heartless. She shook her head as the tears continued to stream "Please! Arrest me! Do it! Maybe then I'll actually be able to have some peace and be away from you!" She cried "Talking to you is like trying convince a wall to love us. I just told you what happened to one of your daughters and all you care about is your reputation? you!" Her voice becoming a silent whimper. She didn't have the energy anymore to argue with him. "And yes dad, connect the dots. I clearly have the gun in my hand. And I'd do it again for my sister" She expressed as she walked over to help Jungmee. 
"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" Minhee sniffled as she was untying her sister, she helped Jungmee dress up, and she quickly just lunged forward and hugged Minhee, crying still absolutely shaken up. "Forgive me please" Minnhee continued, her eyes scanned around her and found Jinhwan who was still standing there like a deer in headlights. She grabbed a blanket and wrapped her sister in it as she stood up and walked over to the man. "If you ever touch my sister again, you'll find yourself 30 feet deep" she threatened. Jinhwan flinched a little, still unable to process what just happened. 

- Minho Lee POV -

My daughter could never understand why I do the things that I do for them, she isn't mature enough to understand so I'll just let everything she said go. I called our family medics to come and treat them. 
"Listen here, how much to keep you guys quiet?" I said to one of them. 
"Your of a daughter deserves to be in prison!" One said. He thought his friend would agree, but instead, he was shaking his head no violently. 
"Say that again?" I said as I approached him. 
"I uh-" He was perplexed. 
"He didn't mean it! We are sorry and we will stay quiet!" The other answered. They looked alike so I figured they were related in some way, maybe even brothers. 
"Seems at least one of you is smart. I'll pay you each 50k to keep your mouths shut. And if ANY word of this gets out, and my reputation is tainted, I'll have your heads" I said. I had them sign privacy waivers and had them on their way after they were treated.  

- End of POV - 

Minhee took Jungmee with her back home. She couldn't trust anyone else anymore after that, and it would just make her feel much better to have her by her side.
"I-I should've just come home with you, I don't know why I went home" Jungmee said. Minhee couldn't help but feel heartbroken at the state her sister was in. 
"I should've known better, knowing the type of person Jinhwan is, from what you said, I should've known, I'm so sorry" She couldn't stop apologizing. 
"This is far from your fault Minnie, please. You saved me, I don't know if I would've made it without you, thank you" Jungmee smiled while holding Minhee's hand. "But you should not ever do anything wreckless like that again! You put not only yourself, but my niece or nephew in danger! Don't be stupid like that ever again!" She continued and scolded. 
"For you I would risk my life without a second thought, you know me already. If you are not safe, I cannot be at peace" Minhee replied while still driving. 
"I know, because I'm the same way, but it hurts me to see you in dangerous situations like that" Jungmee said. They had reached Minhee's home and went inside. 
Jungkook quickly greeted the two at the door and welcomed them in "is everything okay?" He asked. Minhee just nodded, as she interlocked arms with Jungmee. "We're okay, thanks" Jungmee replied. 
"Was everything okay with Minjung?" Minhee asked. 
Jungkook nodded as he smiled "We played together and then she fell asleep for a nap on the couch" he signaled to the little girl resting peacefully with blanket. It warmed her heart a little bit. 
"Thanks for taking such good care of her Jungkook, I really appreciate it" Minhee smiled.
The two walked upstairs to her room and quickly laid in Minhee's bed. The two cuddled up close to each other as Minhee covered them both in a blanket "How are you feeling?" She asked. 
"I feel so....so disgusting" Jungmee replied, the hurt in her voice very apparent. Minhee felt the words pierce her core, and coming from the most precious person in the world to her, made them sting even more bitterly. She just stayed quiet and listened. "I haven't felt that scared and helpless in a long time. I didn't know what to do, but I also should've been more aware. Like why didn't didn't think he would be capable of something like that? Why was I stupid and came home when I could've just went with you? If I wasn't so stupid this wouldn't have happened" Jungmee just sobbed. Her tears soaking Minhee's shirt. "I wish he would've just killed me instead" 
"Don't say that, please" Minhee's voice shaking. "If you died, I would've too" Minhee strengthened her grip around Jungmee. "This is not your fault, you're the victim! You cannot blame yourself for the selfish and ill-intentioned actions of other people. You couldn't have known he was going to do that, because you're pure-hearted. You always try and see the best in people even if they're an awful person. You couldn't have predicted this" Minhee replied.
"I wish this never happened. I wish I wasn't so nice. I hate that" Jungmee cried. 
"He didn't...you know" She couldn't even bring herself to finish her sentence. 
"No, oh God no. I felt helpless and scared, but I still fought with everything I had to make sure he and his friends didn't" Jungmee sighed with relief. "That's why they tied me up. As a matter of fact, if you didn't come at the time you did, I fear what could've escalated" Jungmee tightened her grip around her sister. 
A wave of relief overcame Minhee. She placed a small kiss on her sister's forehead.
"I love you.....thank you" Jungmee silently mumbled as she slowly started to doze off. Jungmee felt safe, the safest she's ever felt and she finally felt like she could actually rest. Being together gave them both a sense of security that no other person could give to them but each other. Minhee felt like she could breathe, knowing her sister was safe and sound and where she could see her. 
Minhee's cell phone started to ring. She sneakily maneuvered out of her sister's arms, and got up to answer her phone. It was Yoongi. 
"Hello?" She answered. 
"Hey Minnie, hows Minjung?" He answered.
"She's doing good! She's just taking a nap. Is everything okay?" She asked.
"Uh yeah! yeah, I was just wondering if you could babysit her for a little bit longer. Chanmi and I would just like to have a date night if that's okay" He asked. 
Minhee didn't like Chanmi, but since Yoongi was asking she complied "Of course! She can stay here as long as she needs. Call or text if you need anything okay?"
"Thanks, you're the best!" He replied and then hung up. Minhee went downstairs to check up on Minjung. It was getting late, so she carried her upstairs and laid her right in the middle of them and they all peacefully dozed off for the rest of the evening. 

That morning a knock was heard at the front door. Jungkook went and opened it, Taehyung, Hoseok and Namjoon were standing there. "Where's Minhee and Jungmee?" He barged through.
"Minhee's in the kitchen, I don't think Jungmee is awake yet" Jungkook replied.  Hoseok walked into the kitchen, while Taehyung and Namjoon slowly followed behind but were talking with Jungkook. 
He found her and quickly went up to hug her "Hoseok?" She asked confused. "What's wrong?"
"Don't you EVER ing

Please log in to read the full chapter