Chapter 20

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

0000 hours

Leading the front line is Yuri and Sunny while Taeyeon and Seohyun led the other teams to cover their backs. Sunny sent a few people to scout the area and after receiving the report, the front line splits into two smaller groups to ambush their enemies.

"Damn, it's gonna be a long night..." A huge man sighs, taking a drag of his cigarette as he stares straight ahead.

"Yea, I know what you mean." Another dude added before pulling out his own cigarette to light it up.

Sunny made eye contact with her team, asking them to wait. Sunny picks up and empty bottle and threw it at the direction that is behind the two men.

"Did you hear that?" The man asks, high on alert.

"Yea, probably a rat or somethin'. You go check it out, I'll stand guard here." The huge man stated as the smaller man sighs before heading towards the sound that the empty bottle was thrown.

He bends down to pick the bottle up, a confused expression plasters on his face.

"What-" A shadow envelopes him and before he could even finish his sentence, he was knocked out cold. 

"1 more to go." Irene grins as the groups retreat back into the shadows.

"Dude, where are you?" The huge man came into view and huffs after seeing the man lying on the ground.

"What, you're taking a nap now?" He huffs in annoyance and he winces when he felt a sharp pain on his neck. 

"Goodnight." Hyoyeon smirks, injecting the substance into him causing him to fall with a soft thud.

"Solar, Joy, are you done on your side?" Sunny asks through their communication device.

"Give me 30 seconds." The group waits as they heard soft groaning in the background of their device and 30 seconds on the dot, Solar's voice crackles on the device.

"The area is cleared and Yuri-unnie and Joy are hiding their bodies. We are good to go in a minute." Solar reports and Sunny hums in understanding before telling her to regroup with Taeyeon and Seohyun's group.

"...Do they actually need us?" Sooyoung states nonchalantly as the group chuckles silently.

"I think it's the other way, we need them." Taeyeon grins as she observes the two groups coming towards them.

"The area is cleared. Moving on, Team Jaguar your team will stand guard out here and keep us updated on anything that's happening along with Taengoo and Seohyunnie's Teams while Team Phoenix, you'll be following us into the building now." Sunny instructs as the others nods their head in understanding.

"You guys stay put and wait until we call you in." Yuri states before squeezing Jessica's hands reassuringly as the group made their way in.

After sneaking their way into the building, an unfamiliar voice crackles through their coms. "Two guards around the corner, their backs are facing you." Solar took a quick glance and confirms the information given to them. "Yoona-unnie?" Joy asks.

"At your service. Now quickly take them out." Solar and Irene sneaks up on them before both simultaneously knocks them out cold with a karate chop to the back of their necks and quickly pulls their body towards their hiding spot.

"Yoong, can you hear me?" Sunny whispers into the device.

"Crystal. The guards you knocked out are actually robot prototypes. You can unplug them and hide their body to not alert the enemy." Yoona states as she checks the CCTV through her device.

Irene and Solar unplug the robots causing them to shut down and ties their hands before stuffing their mouth with a random cloth. Hyoyeon stares at the two in confusion.

"Just in case." Irene states and Solar nods her head in agreement.

"Guys, there are guards coming your way. Take a left turn and head straight before taking a right turn, the surveillance room is the first door on the right. There are 3 robot guards in the room. There's another room in the surveillance room, which I'm heading to now." Yoona directs them while they all quickly made their way with the direction given to them.

"Hyoyeon-unnie! Where are you going?" Yoona's voice is heard through the com.

"You said to take a right turn first?" Hyoyeon hears a slap as Yoona facepalms herself but a small smile is present on her face.

"You never change unnie. Now, look behind you." Hyoyeon turns behind to see Yuri and Sunny beckoning her to follow them and immediately changes direction, running silently towards them.

"Oh my god, that is embarrassing." Hyoyeon sighs as they safely took the right turn, peeking into the surveillance room.

"Yes, I wouldn't want to be you in another life." Joy snickers as the older woman gently slap her on the back. 

"On a count to three, Hyoyeon, Joy and Yuri, knock them out cold and unplug them immediately." Sunny commands as they nodded their heads in understanding. 

"3." Sunny states and Yuri gently opens the door as the guards still have their eyes glued on the monitors.

"You're back ." A robot states but his eyes are on the screen.

"Yes, I am." Yuri unplugs the robot while Hyoyeon and Joy did the same before they could retaliate. Irene and Solar then proceed to tie them up and stuffs their mouth.

"First things first, Sunny. Do you know how to count to three? It's like one, two, three." Hyoyeon complains as Sunny shrugs her shoulders.

"It worked didn't it?" 

"And you two, what is it with you with ropes and gags? Are you two into ?" The two blushes before shaking their heads, stuttering to defend themselves.

"I-I mean, we-we're-"

"We-we're just taking safety precaution!" Irene supplies but Hyoyeon has a devilish smirk on her face.

"...Guys, we're on a mission here?" Taeyeon's voice could be heard through the coms.

"...Yongsun, we need to talk after this." Moonbyul states as Solar's blushes.

"You too, Joohyun-unnie." Irene facep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter