Chapter 23

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They regroup with the others and Taeyeon realizes that Tiffany had trouble breathing.

"Fany?" Taeyeon gently reaches over for her hand. Tiffany looks up immediately and starts crying her heart out after she felt the familiar warm hands holding hers.

"H-Hey, stop crying." Taeyeon gently pats the crying woman while landing a punch on an approaching robot while Yuri tells them to leave the area.

"Don't worry, we've got this." Sunny's eyes brim with determination as she knocks three robots out with a roundhouse kick.

"But try to come back fast." Seohyun huffs as she blocks another attack.

"It's okay, we've got this..." Hyoyeon reassures them as she continues to fire her gun at some enemies and Taeyeon guides Tiffany out of the room that was breaking out into a fight.

"Fany, why are you crying..." Taeyeon begins to tear up as well, her heart hurt at the sight of her beloved breaking down. The older woman gently wipes Tiffany's tears before planting a kiss on her forehead.

Tiffany reaches out and grips tightly onto Taeyeon's hand as if hanging onto her lifeline.

"It hurts Tae..." Tiffany whimpers, avoiding eye contact. "My heart hurts so much to see you being tortured all alone. I wasn't there for you when you were going through the toughest time of your life. I'm sorry." More tears fell and Taeyeon pulls her into her embrace, gently hushing her.

"Silly girl..." Taeyeon lets out a small chuckle before patting her head affectionately.

"Tiffany Hwang Miyoung. What you had witnessed was something that happened in the past. Yes, I went through all of it along but now, in the present, I have you here with me. I also have Yuri, Seohyun, Irene, Moonbyul and so many others who are standing by my side despite everything. I am not alone now and that's what matters." Taeyeon kisses her forehead before smiling reassuringly at Tiffany who rubs her eyes with a small pout.

"I don't want you to blame yourself for something that you had no control over, okay?" Taeyeon kisses Tiffany tenderly and the latter returns the kiss, wrapping her arms around Taeyeon's neck. Tiffany was about to deepen the kiss but Taeyeon pulls away, resulting in the former to pout.

"Remember, no blaming yourself okay?" Tiffany hums before wiping the tears away.

"Now, I would love to continue our making out session but I believe the others will kill us if we stay here any longer." Taeyeon teases Tiffany who blushes at the statement. She then leans in for a final kiss before the two left the room.

On the other side, Joy dashes forward towards Siwon with a punch but he avoided it and grabs her arm, twisting it to an odd angle causing the former to scream in pain.

Yeri who heard the scream instantly sprints over to the two, landing a solid kick. "No one is allowed to touch what is mine." Yeri hisses before landing another powerful kick, sending Siwon flying backward.

Yeri helps Joy to stand and the latter smiles gratefully at the younger woman.

"Yeri is scary." Solar states as she threw a bookshelf towards the robots, smashing them.

"I'll say." Sooyoung chuckles before moving swiftly to unplug the robots, knocking them out instantly. 

"To think that she started learning how to fight not long ago." Solar sighs as she continues to land punches and kicks at the enemies.

"Solar, you're a good fighter too. Don't underestimate yourself." Sooyoung smiles reassuringly at Solar before dashing away to assist Sunny.

Solar smiles, thankful for the kind words before she focuses back on the fight.

Yuri who saw the scene unfold couldn't help but be proud of Sooyoung who is behaving like a leader. Taking a glance to the main entrance, she sees Taeyeon and Tiffany fighting their way over to them.

Tiffany huffs after reaching their

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter