Chapter 11

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'Where am I...' Yeri groaned, her eyelids fluttered open before she slowly pushed herself up. 'I was ambushed and got attacked on school grounds.' Yeri winced. She checked her body for wounds but to her surprise, she found none. 'Am I dead...?'

"Can anyone hear me?" Yeri stared at her white surrounding. A figure walked into her sight, speaking her name. "You! Me?!" Yeri had her eyes widen in surprise as she pointed to the stranger.

"Yes, I am you. You were attacked but your group of friends saved you and you were on your way to the hospital but you lost your consciousness." The figure stated. Yeri managed to recall parts and pieces of her memory, wincing. "So, I'm dead...?" 

The figure in front of her let out a laugh before explaining that she is fine. "Follow me..." Yeri did not question the figure but she followed her.

"You see, Yeri. I've seen the future and there are a lot of things that are happening to our world. Specifically, in your timeline." The figure waved her hand and soon an image appeared.

Yeri gasped in horror as she watched the images unfold before her eyes. Adults and children are being killed without mercy. There are fights and bloodshed everywhere.

"This will happen to your world but there's a way to stop it. You and your friends... Take part in the interview that will be held by SRM Assoc. and you will be the ones who will defend your world. Talk to your unnies about it." Yeri's eyes widened in surprise but before she could ask anything else, the figure interrupted her.

"Well, I've kept you here long enough. Remember my words. You and your friends are the only hope for the future of your world. Whenever you are facing any issues, don't give up and continue to work together as a team. Everything will be fine if all of you carry on with you burning spirit." A table appeared beside the figure.

"We'll meet again if there is a need." The figure smiled warmly before pressing the button on the table and Yeri found herself embraced in darkness.

 

 

"Kim Yeri-ssi suffered from a broken arm and some bruises, other than that she is fine. You can visit her but not for too long she needs to rest. She'll be waking up soon." The doctor smiled reassuringly at the people in front of him before excusing himself.

Everyone thanked the doctor as they made their way into the room. Joy ran her hand through Yeri's hair, gently rearranging her bangs. 

Yeri's parents are informed of the situation. They are currently dealing with the police force to make sure that whoever who caused her daughter to be lying on the hospital bed, has hell to pay. Joy was put in charge to update Yeri's condition to her parents which Joy gladly obliged to.

"Joy? Do you want anything to eat?" Taeyeon asked the younger woman, concern evident in her tone. Joy duly shook her head before Taeyeon gently reminded her that Yeri would hate to wake up and see her sick. Taeyeon smiled at Joy who obediently nodded her head.

"I'll be back with food in an hour. And Joy, Yeri will be fine. She's a tough cookie." Taeyeon smiled encouragingly before she left the room.

Joy gently intertwined their hands before sighing. "Wake up soon okay?" Joy kissed the back of her palm but there was no response. Tired from everything, Joy found herself dozing off for a bit. Not long later, she felt Yeri's finger twitching against hers and her eyelids slowly fluttered open.

"Yerim! Are you okay?" Joy eyes the girl worriedly before facepalming herself. "What am I asking, of course, you're not okay." Joy groaned to herself before Yeri giggled at her behaviour and silence engulfed the room.

"...I'll get the doctor okay?" Yerim stopped the older girl from leaving as she saw tears gathering at the corners of her eyes. "J-Joy?" Yeri panicked, seeing the usually strong girl breaking down in front of her. "I'm glad you're fine..." Joy threw caution out of the wind as she wrapped her arms around Yeri's neck, pulling her into her embrace. 

"Hey now, I'm here aren't I?" Yeri reassured the older girl while patting her head. After Joy had composed herself, the two pulled apart with Joy smiling sheepishly at the younger girl.

"Joy... There was... something strange though..." Yerim whispered. Joy tilted her head to the side in confusion but before she could further elaborate, the door swing opened. Taeyeon, Tiffany, Sunny, Irene, Yuri, Jessica and Seohyun made their way in, relieved to see the youngest awake.

"I'll go get the doctor!" Taeyeon left with Tiffany in tow.

Irene eyed the younger girl worriedly but Yeri smiled reassuringly at her unnie. "By the way, thank you Seohyun-unnie and Sunny-unnie for saving me." Yerim bowed a little as the two shook their head.

"If you want to thank someone then you should thank Taeyeon-unnie." Seohyun stated as Sunny had her eyes widen in surprise before glaring at the younger girl. Seohyun only realized her mistake when she felt Sunny's piercing glare on her.

"Yea! We were leaving when all of a sudden she stopped in her tracks and told us that you," Yuri pointed at Yeri. "were being attacked at the school's back alley while she suddenly started sprinting to the school roof." At that moment Taeyeon came back in and informed the others that the doctor is on his way.

"Taeyeon-unnie, how did you know I was being attacked in the back alley?" Yeri asked with a brow raised.

"Do explain." Jessica eyed her curiously.

Taeyeon's eyes widen in surprise before she subtly exchanges glances with Sunny and Seohyun. "G-Gut feeling." Taeyeon shrugged her shoulders. 

"Explain how you knew where exactly Yeri was and how you know Joy was on the roof?" Tiffany stared at the girl in front of her who fidget in place.

Luckily for her, the doctor made his way in and asked for the others to leave the room for a moment. Yeri pleaded for Joy to stay with her and the doctor relented.

End of Flashback

 

"That does bring back memories." Taeyeon stated while Tiffany nodded her head, surprising the other occupants in the room. "Yah- When?!" Yuri gasped in shock at the other two's voice. 

"You guys were so into your storytelling that you didn't notice us enter." Tiffany shrugged.

After the five of them were seated comfortably, Joy asked, "So what happened outside when I was accompanying Yeri?" 

"Oh, you didn't know?" Taeyeon asked, surprise evident on her face.

"Well, the two of us were in the room Taeyeon-unnie." Yeri deadpanned as Taeyeon chuckled. "Well..."

 

Flashback

Taeyeon walked over to Sunny and Seohyun who were both deep in thoughts while Tiffany went over to Yulsic who were whispering amongst themselves. "I shouldn't have acted rashly but if I didn't Yeri would've been in danger." Taeyeon sighed as Sunny squeezed her shoulder reassuringly.

"It's time isn't it..." Seohyun nodded her head in reply.

"We didn't tell them because we don't want to put them in danger but looking at the situation now and the SRM Assoc. interview around the corner, it's time." Sunny stated before adding, "It's inevitable. They'll know sooner or later." The other two nodded their head in understanding.

"Let's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter