Chapter 16

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'I can do this.' Taeyeon took her stance and closed her eyes, calming herself down. Everyone held their breath as they watch in anticipation.

Taeyeon's eyes shot open before moving her fist in, onto the row of boulders, breaking 10 boulders in the process. Her fists remained in the same place, refocusing her strength and energy into it. She then opened her fist, putting a high amount of force that caused the remain boulders to break.

Taeyeon fell onto her knee, panting harshly. 

Everyone except for Tiffany and Joy remained rooted in their spot. The place that was filled with 15 boulders is now full of rubbles.

"What the actual ?" Moonbyul accidentally cursed and immediately flinched, apologizing to Solar after the older woman glared at her.

"That's insane..." Yuri muttered under her breath as the others nodded their heads in agreement.

Irene sighed looking at the scene. "Taeyeon-unnie is taking my title away..." Irene mumbled silently but the others heard it. 

"Hmm, why not ask Hyo to let you have a go?" Jessica suggested and Irene's eyes sparkled competitively.

"Let's do that!" Irene dashed towards the main field while the others shook their head.

"Bad suggestion, Sica-unnie." The others nodded their head in agreement with Seulgi's statement.

 

 

"...That is something." Yeri stared blankly at the screen, dumbfounded by Taeyeon's strength.

"That's amazing." Wendy praised and the two others nodded their head in agreement. Seohyun tapped a button, instantly connecting her over to the main field with a screen appearing.

 

 

"Taeyeon!" Tiffany rushed over to Taeyeon and gently pat the older woman's back. Joy had a water bottle and towel in hand, waiting further back with Hyoyeon to give her more breathing space.

"Hyoyeon-unnie! Please let me have a go at the boulders!" Irene's loud voice could be heard but it was interrupted by Seohyun.

"Taeyeon-unnie are you alright?" Seohyun observed the older woman who was drained from that move. "Hyoyeon, was that the 15 boulders?" Hyoyeon nodded her head and explained that she told Taeyeon to let it all out. "When she gave her 100%, she broke 7 boulders. It's safe to say that she can control half of her strength while we will need more training's to help her have better control with her strength." 

Seohyun nodded in understanding before asking Tiffany and Joy to bring Taeyeon to the side to cool herself down before she looked over at Irene who was b with energy.

"So... I won't ask why the rest of you are here but, Irene? You want to give it a go while we're waiting?" Seohyun asked with an encouraging smile as she knows how competitive Irene could get when it came to her title. Irene nodded her head enthusiastically and Hyoyeon immediately cleared the area before 15 boulders appeared.

Irene eyed the boulders in front of her determinedly, gathering her composure and tightening her hand wrap. Almost immediately, she punched through the boulders leaving everyone else dumbfounded.

"Unnie..." Yeri and Wendy's voice could be heard over the screen.

True to her title, she easily broke through all 15 boulders as she cheered with joy. 

"YES!" Irene squealed with joy and immediately pulled Seulgi into her embrace.

"Seulgi, I did it!" Seulgi smiled proudly at her lover before patting her head encouragingly. "Good job, Hyun. You're the strongest in SRM Assoc."

"...That is astounding for someone who is fully human. Well then, I guess there'll be changes in training sessions." Seohyun hummed, deep in thoughts before deciding. "Taeyeon-unnie, you'll receive training from Irene on weekends. I believe her skill in controlling her strength will be of use to you." Taeyeon nodded her head in reply, flashing a thumbs up at Irene who nodded her head with a bow.

"The amazing thing is that she's not even fazed by that move." Solar stated while Irene batted her eyelashes playfully at her.

"What can I say?" The others jeered teasingly at Irene who buried her face in the crook of Seulgi's neck causing the younger woman to blush a deep shade of red.

"On a serious note, Joy and Tiffany-unnie. Please make sure Taeyeon-unnie is okay before she starts her training again." The two doctors nodded their head in understanding and Seohyun then asked everyone to head back for training before the screen disappeared.

"Tae? Are you okay?" Tiffany eyed her over worriedly.

"I'm fine, Fany-ah." Taeyeon smiled reassuringly at her.

 

 

"I hope Taeyeon-unnie's fine..." Moonbyul sighed, remembering how she saw Taeyeon collapsed onto the ground after the exercise.

"She will be." Yuri smiled reassuringly at them while Jessica nodded her head in agreement, adding,  "After all, she is our Kim Taeyeon." 

"Ah! Yuri-unnie, I need to excuse myself from today's remaining training session." The others had their brow raised in confusion at Solar.

"There's something important that I need to do. I'll explain myself to Seohyun if she asks." Solar stated, bowing politely at the others before excusing herself.  'It's not she doesn't know what is going on...' 

"Eh?" Yuri stared blankly at the retreating figure before turning her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter