Chapter 9

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

'For those who are wondering, I am Kim Hyoyeon and I am a human. I used to be classmates with the other girls in SRM Assoc. in the Seoul base and we were pretty close.' Hyoyeon huffed, shutting her luggage before nodding her head.

When they were in high school, SRM Assoc. was interviewing potential students who would be able to assist in stopping the evil robots. They all got accepted and became the Chosen Ones. In the earlier days, they were all sent to different locations. Hyoyeon was assigned to Incheon, Irene and Seulgi to Daegu, Wendy to Busan while the others were assigned to the Seoul base, seeing that the main threat was at the capital of the country.

The Daegu base was closed down three years ago and that's why Irene, Seulgi and Solar were assigned back to Seoul. Seulgi was still a newbie when Daegu's base was shut down hence when she joined the team in Seoul, Taeyeon took the opportunity to teach her.

Hyoyeon sat on her bed, looking over the window lost in thoughts. 'Maybe I should bring Wendy along.' Hyoyeon picked up boxing a few years back when she was stationed permanently in Incheon while most of the others were reassigned back to Seoul. Wendy soon joined her in Incheon and the two have been working closely ever since. 

'Well then, I'll have to inform Wendy that we'll be making a trip to Seoul for a while.' Making sure that she is in a presentable state, Hyoyeon then pulled out her phone and video called Seohyun. "Hello, Seohyun. It's been a while."

 

 

"Hyo-unnie! How are you doing? What's with the sudden call? Is everything alright in Incheon?" Hyoyeon couldn't help but chuckle at Seohyun's tone and expression.

"Yes, Seo. I am doing fine and everything is alright here. I called to inform you that Tiffany asked me to head over to Seoul to help Taeyeon." Seohyun hummed in understanding before giving her a thumbs up.

"I will be bringing Wendy along. I'm sure that she has missed her group of friends as well." 

"Of course, how is she doing? Last time I heard she was on probation to become a senior doctor in Incheon?" Seohyun wondered if her memory served her right.

"She's doing great and bingo! She recently passed the test and now she is serving as the senior doctor in Incheon." Seohyun grinned proudly at the news.

"Well then, I assume that you'll be arriving at Seoul tomorrow?" Hyoyeon nodded her head and Seohyun thanked the older woman for doing this.

"No problem! After all, it's been a while since we've met. It'll be great if I am able to help Taeyeon overcome her issues as well." Hyoyeon flashed a determined smile before reminding Seohyun to keep it a secret. Seohyun chuckled before promising the older woman to keep things hush.

The two chatted for a while longer before the call ended.

Seohyun leaned back into her seat grinning as she finally gets to meet up with her Hyoyeon-unnie and of course, Wendy as well. Her thoughts were interrupted by her ringing phone.

"Hello, Seohyun speaking." Seohyun answered without checking on the caller ID.

"Seohyun-ah..." Seohyun gasped in surprise and pulled the phone away to check the caller ID. "Yoong!" Seohyun couldn't hide the excitement in her tone after not hearing her beloved's voice for a few weeks. Yoona chuckled on the other side of the phone before her voice turned serious.

"Seo, we need to push our plans back by a month. I don't have much time to explain but please trust me on this." Seohyun nodded firmly at the urgency of Yoona's voice. 

"How is Taeyeon-unnie doing?" Yoona asked, concern evident in her tone.

"We found a way that could possibly help her to have better control of her body. With the plan being delayed by another month, it should be enough time for her to recover." Seohyun stated as Yoona nonchalantly added, "I believe she'll recover in a months' time."

"Mmhmm, by the way... Im Yoona, how could you forget to inform me of Taeyeon-unnie's condition?" Yoona involuntarily gulped in fear. "A-Ah. I f-forgot?" Seohyun sighed at the reply. 

"I'm sorry Seo, but I need to go. I'll keep in touch with you okay? Stay safe, miss you and I love you!" Yoona stated sincerely. Seohyun's expression softens after hearing the confession.

"You better take care of yourself. I miss you and love you too Yoong." Yoona felt her heart fluttering at the confession, a determined look on her face.

"I'll be back soon." With that, the call ended.

 

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany are at the cafeteria for lunch after the checkup but there's a question that kept bothering Taeyeon. "Fany, who is going to teach me boxing?" Tiffany shrugged before gesturing for Taeyeon to sit. "Wait here, I'll get us food and don't worry about it,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter