Chapter 25

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon groans in pain as she wakes up. She pushed herself to sit up while eyeing her surroundings, surprised to see white everywhere she turns.

'Am I dead?' Taeyeon huffs, shielding her eyes from the white light that shine brighter than before and then she heard a voice.

"Taeyeon..." Taeyeon's eyes widen instantly as she heard the voice, knowing instantly that it is her father.

"Appa!" Taeyeon calls out to her father, voice shaking and her eyes tearing up once she saw his figure emerge from the light.

She immediately runs towards her father, embracing him tightly.

"Appa! I thought I wouldn't get to see you again..." Taeyeon sighs as she felt herself relaxing in her father's embrace.

"Well, you're seeing me now." Heechul jokes, patting his daughter's head affectionately.

"You know, I'm not the only here." Heechul pulls away and gestures to his back and two figures emerge from the light.

"Omma! Jonghyun-oppa!" Taeyeon smiles brightly after seeing the two of them.

Heechul pushes Taeyeon towards the two and Taeyeon immediately pulls them into her embrace.

"I miss you all so much..." Jonghyun smiles warmly at his sister and squeezes her shoulder reassuringly.

"We missed you too." Taeyeon grins and returns the smile.

"We're glad that you've been doing fine without us." Her mother states as Taeyeon shakes her head in denial.

"I wasn't fine." Taeyeon retorts but a low chuckle was heard.

"Back then, you weren't but now, I believe you are more than fine." Heechul smiles proudly at Taeyeon who chuckles before nodding her head.

"They're waiting for you, you know?" Heechul waves his hand a soon an image appears, showing Tiffany and the others.

"Fany..."

"You love that girl, don't you?" Taeyeon's mother asks, smiling fondly at her daughter.

"Yes, I really do. Will you accept her as my partner in life?" Taeyeon has her puppy eyes set causing her family to burst out in laughter.

"Aigoo, after all these years, you're still my adorable little sister." Jonghyun grins before nodding his head, giving his approval.

"I'd be blind to say no to have Tiffany as your other half." Heechul chuckles as his wife nods her head in agreement.

"Tiffany is a rare gem, my daughter. You must take good care of her and never take her or granted." Taeyeon nods her head in understanding, smiling at her family.

"By the way Taeyeon, we're glad that you took down Siwon and Boa. The world will be a better place without the two of them." Taeyeon's mother nods proudly at her daughter.

"And I'm beyond proud that you did not pull the trigger on him. You are so much stronger than that ." Heechul huffs before ruffling his daughter's hair.

"Omma, appa. Everyone there fought their hardest and they are to be given credit too. The ones you have chosen for this program, The Chosen Ones are the source of my strength. If I did it alone, I would've probably gone insane but with them, I was able to become stronger and overcome my darkest demons." Taeyeon states before smiling mischievously.

"I guess I have to give you credit for choosing astounding and extraordinary people to help defeat evil." Taeyeon shrugs her shoulders as her both her parents pinch her cheeks causing the latter to whine.

"It's time for you to return. Take care of yourself and always remember that we love you very much..." Jonghyun adds with a fond smile on his face.

"Thank you Jonghyun-oppa. I love all of you too. Thank you for protecting me all these years and even now." Jonghyun gave her a thumbs up before ruffling her hair one last time.

"Omma, appa, thank you for everything you've done for me." Taeyeon smiles lovingly at her parents who then embrace their youngest affectionately.

"Kim Taeyeon, remember that you're a strong person and that your family loves you very much." Taeyeon nods her head and pulls away from their warm embrace.

"Go on, Taeyeon... Take care of yourself." Heechul grins at his youngest before gesturing for her to leave.

 

 

"She's waking up!" Sooyoung's voice could be heard around the room.

Taeyeon groans as the light are shining too brightly into her eyes but it was soon darkened.

Taeyeon slowly opens her eyes to see Tiffany's hand blocking the light from her eyes. Her eyes travel towards Tiffany's eyes and the two made eye contact with Taeyeon grinning sheepishly.

"Hi." Taeyeon greets with a warm smile and leans up for a kiss, surprising Tiffany.

"Wow, doesn't she remind you of somebody we know." Key states with an amused grin plastered on his face.

"Key." Minho glares at his assistant, indirectly asking him to shut up.

"Anyway, we're glad that you're finally awake. Dr. Hwang, do you need to check on her condition before we take her statement?"

"Minho-ssi, if you leave them alone, you won't be able to get her statement until tomorrow!" Yuri states causing the other two to blush while the others to snicker.

"That I can't deny. It's better for you to take her statement now before they can't keep their hands to themselves." Sunny adds while some of them burst out into small waves of laughter.

"Yah, stop the teasing! How long was I asleep?" 

"About half a day." Joy states after checking her watch.

"We have received almost everyone's statement except for three of them and yourself."

Taeyeon looks over to the direction Minho pointed to and was glad to see that Jessica, Seohyun, and Seulgi are alive and well.

"How are you three doing?" Taeyeon asks and receives three okay signs.

"Oh, we have already gotten statements from them. It's the three behind them that has not given us their statements yet." Minho gestures to Yoona, Irene, and Moonbyul.

"You guys were fighting Boa ri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter