Chapter 5

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tiffany sighed. She threw a pebble into the lake before sitting herself down on the bench. 'Why is she always putting others wellbeing before herself? Doesn't she understand that I am worried about her?' Tiffany stared solemnly at the river before she heard a few footsteps stop beside her. She glanced over before focusing her gaze back on the river.

"Why are you two here?" The two took a seat beside Tiffany before explaining that Taeyeon asked for them to check on her.

"Have you calmed down?" Sooyoung asked, gauging Tiffany's expression.

"Not really..." Tiffany shrugged before standing up from her seat.

"Fany, please look at this from her point of view. If you were in her position, what would you have done?" Tiffany pondered at the question thrown to her by Sooyoung. 'What would I have done huh...' Tiffany remained silent, deep in thoughts. '...I would have done the same thing.' She let out a deep sigh.

"I would have done the same thing, Fany-ah." Sooyoung sighed as she recalled back Taeyeon's raw emotions. "It is selfish of her to make that decision but it was one of the better choices that had to be made. As Taeyeon said, if all of us went for the mission and none of us came back, it'll be total chaos and things could have gotten worse for everyone..."

Sunny rubbed her temples. "During the past year, Taeyeon had suffered a lot. You saw the scars on her back, just by looking at it I can't help but shudder." Sooyoung squeezed Sunny's shoulder reassuringly as the latter struggled to talk. "You yourself saw the scars that were on Taeyeon's back, some of the wounds were still fresh. The beatings and the abused she went through was inhumane. I have no idea how she found the strength to fight on but she did. She went through all the pain just to protect all of us." Sooyoung added with her fist clenched tightly on her lap.

"Fany, we all know that you feel hurt and betrayed but Taeyeon was suffering as much as you did! No, she was probably suffering more than any of us. While all we got were sleepless nights, Taeyeon was abused and hurt physically, mentally and emotionally, she must have been in so much pain being all alone in that place."

Tiffany stood frozen in her position as tears fell from her eyes. 'They are right. Taeyeon wasn't the selfish one... It was me. I didn't bother to understand her actions and I even slapped her.' Tiffany stumbled but Sunny and Sooyoung caught her before she fell.

"Fany! Are you okay?" Sunny gently shook Tiffany who snapped out of her stupor.

"I-I have to go see Taetae!" Sooyoung couldn't help but let out a small grin.

"Go on now, Taengoo must have missed you a lot from the time the two of you were apart." The two smiled warmly at Tiffany who thanked them with a quick embrace before pushing herself up with renewed energy and determination to find Taeyeon. 'Taetae, I'm sorry for not understanding. Please wait for me.'

 

 

'Who would've thought that for the past year that Taeyeon was going through a living hell when we were all fine..' Jessica frowned as her thoughts wandered to Tiffany who seemed distraught earlier on. 'I hope that Sunny and Sooyoung was able to talk some sense to Tiffany...'

"-ca!" Jessica snapped out of her thoughts, looking over to Yuri who was staring at her with concern eyes.

"Sica, are you feeling okay?" Yuri shifted closer to Jessica who immediately leaned into her.

"I was just thinking about what Taeyeon told us but I'm alright... I'm more concerned about Moonbyul who left the room angrily." Yuri hummed in understanding as she ran her fingers through Jessica's hair.

"We should give her some space... Besides, Solar will be with her." Jessica nodded her head in agreement. The two then fell into silence, breathing synchronized.

"Yuri-ah, what do you think of it? I mean the situation that Taeyeon was in." Jessica asked.

Yuri's fingers stopped midway before letting out a heavy sigh. "Taeyeon is very brave and strong... Physically, mentally and emotionally." Yuri chuckled a little before adding, "I mean remember back when she could barely keep her hands to herself when Fany was near her? She w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter