Chapter 21

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon stares at the monitors with her poker face but her fists are clench tightly beside her.

"You have come, my child." The man on the screen smiles wickedly.

"I am not your child." Taeyeon states calmly but her glare intensifies as the other's eyes their captain worriedly.

"Why aren't you a rude one? Regardless of everything I have done, I still played the role of your father for quite some time..." The man smirks before shrugging his shoulders.

"My biological father died a long time ago. If you think that you have the right to call me your child just because you took care of me for killing my parents and my brother then you can go yourself. So, what do you want from us?" Taeyeon's poker face remains as the man bursts out in laughter before staring pointedly at her.

"The real question is, what do you want? You are the one who sneaked into my base and knocking out my men." The man answers back with an intense gaze.

"What do I want?  Short answer, I want you dead. Long answer, what are you planning on by creating robots?" Taeyeon states before taking a seat in one of the chairs.

"How could you do this to your old man?" The man ignores the latter question and has a hurt expression on his face while Taeyeon remains calm and collected.

"As I said, my parents are dead. Stop calling yourself my father and, what do you plan to do by creating robots? World domination?" The man's expression immediately changes to an evil grin before he begins clapping his hands.

"Wow, Kim Taeyeon! I always knew that you are a smart one but you're too emotional, maybe it's because you're a female?" The man laughs before continuing, "I still remember your pathetic face when I told you your parents died in a lab accident and then your brother went missing... But look at you now! You impress me, Kim Taeyeon! Now you always enjoy challenges, don't you? You have an hour to reach the top." The monitors turn black before it returns to the CCTV footage.

Taeyeon gasps as soon as the screen turns black, fist clench tightly at her side as Tiffany gently embraces her lover.

"You did a great job there, Tae." Tiffany kisses Taeyeon's forehead with a proud grin while Taeyeon weakly smiles.

"Yes, if I were you, I would've lost my temper..." Moonbyul admits before smiling encouragingly at her.

"I'm sorry to cut it short but, Seohyun! There are people coming down from the 7th floor, prepare to engage!" Sunny informs while Taeyeon exchanges eye contact with the other girls before nodding their heads in determination.

"Let's go!" 

"Wait! We are coming with you. Wendy will stay here to assist the injured." Tiffany says as she exchanges eye contact with the younger women who both nods their head in agreement.

"What?! No, you're not! Wendy-unnie needs help!" Joy shakes her head, a firm expression on her face.

"On the contrary, I think it's better to have them both follow Taeyeon-unnie. I can handle here by myself just fine." Wendy grins reassuringly at Joy who stares at her beloved unnie in disbelief.

"But-"

"Park Sooyoung, there's no time to bicker! Tiffany and Yeri will follow your group to provide support!" Sooyoung commands, surprising everyone in the room.

"We need assistance!" Yuri's voice crackles through the com.

"For goodness sake, what are you all standing here for?! GO!" Sooyoung screams and they immediately dash their way up to the 6th floor in record time.

"That's something you won't see every day..." Yeri states nonchalantly before her eyes widen at the sight of fights breaking out everywhere.

"You guys! Don't just stand there!" Seohyun shouts as she dodges an attack before jabbing the enemy in the eyes.

"Tiffany-unnie, Yerim-ah! Stay behind me!" Joy stands in front of them protectively but the two ignored her words before rushing forward towards the enemy.

"Yah! It's dangerous!" Joy reflects a kick before punching the enemy who flew backward, her eyes immediately roaming the area for the two. An enemy takes this opportunity and puts Joy in a neck lock. Joy elbows the enemy but he barely flinches from the attack as the former struggles to breathe.

Joy gasps as she fell on to the floor and a hand immediately reached out to help her up. "Joy-ssi, we need you to focus..." Jessica states and pulls the younger woman up.

"That is true, look." Hyoyeon points towards Yeri's direction and Joy immediately winces as she witness Yeri landing a solid punch at the center of the man's face and a loud cracking sound could be heard.

"Omo. Yeri broke his nose!" Seulgi landed a roundhouse kick on two enemies before throwing a thumbs up at the youngest.

"Remind me to never offend Yeri." Solar's voice crackles through the coms.

'Tell me about it.' Joy swallows before thanking Jessica for the assist before returning her gaze to the enemies.

Irene kicks an enemy who was approaching Seulgi square on the abdomen, sending him flying into a stack of boxes before ruffling Seulgi's hair.

"Seulgi, eyes on the enemy." Seulgi blushes before thanking the older woman who went on a punching spree.

"Damn, aren't they adorable." Yuri huffs before climbing to higher ground. "Soonkyu, are the enemies here all robots?" Receiving a yes, Yuri immediately pushes a cupboard which lands one a few enemies, crushing them from the weight.

"The enemies are still coming in, Mam." The leader of Team Xander reports.

"So are we allowed to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter