Chapter 15

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"According to Yoona, our enemies believe that Taeyeon-unnie is dead. What do you think about this information?" Seohyun leaned back in her seat before looking over at Sunny for her opinion.

"I'm not too sure about that. Remember when we found her?" Seohyun nodded her head.

"Seulgi and Taengoo encountered one of their robots and despite taking down the robot, the chances of it sending information back to their own base is high." Sunny sighed, casting a worried glance.

"Right, so we are looking at two possibilities. Firstly, if our enemies are really not aware that Taeyeon-unnie is alive. If that's so, they probably wouldn't have their guard up." Sunny nodded her head in agreement.

"With how everything is going, we would be at a bigger advantage in this war." Seohyun kept her silence, deep in thoughts before nodding her head. "Yes, but we cannot underestimate them, regardless on the fact if they knew Taeyeon-unnie is alive." 

"The second possibility is that they do know that Taeyeon-unnie is alive. If this happens, it'll be a hard as they will do their all to take all of us down." The two remain silent, both lost in thoughts.

"Wait, I just remembered that we brought back that robot and after confirming that it is fully robot, our team gathered information from it. Sunny had her eyes widen in shock as Seohyun apologized for letting it slip her mind. "There were too many things going on that I forgot about it." Sunny sighed before nodding her head in understanding.

Seohyun then login to her account, looking for the said folder.

"Based on her memory card, she only encountered two Chosen Ones. Our team believes that the robot was a newbie and it didn't recognize Taeyeon-unnie as the Kim Taeyeon. Her communication line wasn't even activated." Seohyun hummed as she scans through the report with hawk eyes.

"That's reassuring but hmm, let's plan our strategy based on the second possibility so that we'll be completely prepared." Seohyun nodded her head in agreement.

'This is going to be a long day...'

 

 

"Wendy-unnie? Why did the Incheon base start experimenting on a cure for Taeyeon-unnie's wound?" Yeri asked as she analyzed both documents.

"The fact that Taeyeon-unnie was captured during a mission was something that all the teams know. Everyone was worried about her well-being but we were really glad that she came back alive. Hyoyeon-unnie heard that Taeyeon-unnie was seriously wounded on her back and it left her with huge scars." Wendy sighed, recalling how angry she was when she heard the news.

"Hyoyeon-unnie then went to Seohyun-unnie, asking her to allow the Incheon base team to help research on a cure for her. After all, Hyoyeon-unnie and Taeyeon-unnie were great friends when they were still in school. We also wanted to come over right away to visit her but we were busy with our respective works hence we couldn't come over until now." Yeri smiled warmly at Wendy's reply.

"Yes, the two were very close back then." The two remained silent and only the sound of paper's flipping could be heard. Wendy gave Yeri time to go through their findings while explaining the points that were confusing for Yeri.

"Unnie! If we combine both our findings, we can make a complete cure for Taeyeon-unnie!" Wendy had her eyes widened in disbelief as she skimmed through the reports before having her jaw dropped in happiness. 

"Heol, I can't believe this. We were both focusing on different parts of the cure and when placed together, they complement the missing parts of our research!" The two squealed and cheered in happiness before high-fiving each other.

"We can bring this to the team and try to create a prototype now!" Yeri grinned and informed Joy and Tiffany on their findings before gathering the documents with Wendy's help as they made their way over to the laboratory.

"You know, I really missed you Seungwan-unnie." Yeri stated out of the blue. Wendy's eyes soften before pulling the younger woman into a warm side hug.

"I miss you too Yeri. It was pretty lonely over there without you all." Wendy sighed and the two promised to hang out with the others when they were done.

 

 

"Finally." Joy huffed. She shut the door before resting on the sofa. 'Thankfully, everything is fine... Though, I wonder if Tiffany-unnie is done with her rounds.' Joy pulled out her phone to call the older woman but is surprised to see a message from Yeri.

"JOYYYYYYYYY!!"

"WE DID ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!"

"We analyzed both our findings and amazingly we were both working on different parts and it is possible for us to combine it to complete the cure!"

"AREN'T WE AMAZINGGGGGGGGGGGGG?!"

"I and Seungwan-unnie will be in the laboratory to create our first prototype!"

"See you later!"

"By the way, don't overwork yourself, love." 

 

"GREAT JOB YERIM."

"I'M SO ING PROUD OF YOU!!!"

"And yes, I will not overwork myself."

"You too, okay?"

"Take care and remember to drink plenty of water!"

"See you!"

Joy was interrupted by the door swinging open, revealing it to be Tiffany. "What's with that grin?" Tiffany plopped down beside Joy but her eyes were still resting on Joy. Joy passed her phone over to Tiffany who took a minute to read it but when she is done, she is wearing the same grin as Joy.

"Joy! They did it!" Tiffany squealed in joy, embracing the younger woman who returned it.

Tiffany's phone message beep got the older woman digging for her phone in her pocket.

"UNNIEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"WE DID ITTTTTTTT!"

"WE FOUND A CURE FOR TAEYEON-UNNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

"WE'LL BE AT THE LABORATORY!!!!!"

"YOU'RE THE BESTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!"

"I'LL COME BY IN A BIT!"

"WAIT FOR ME YERIIIII!"

"Are you done with your patients? If you are, shall we head over to the lab together?" Tiffany offered with a wide grin as Joy nodded her head in agreement and the two quickly made their way over.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter