Chapter 18

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days have since passed after Solar and Moonbyul's anniversary. Both Yerim and Wendy have been working hard to perfect the cure after their first prototype. Joy and Tiffany continue on with their doctor duties and will occasionally lend a hand to Yeri and Wendy if they had the time.

On the other hand, Hyoyeon has succeeded in helping Taeyeon to have better control of her strength, of course, this wouldn't be possible without Irene's help as the woman has shared bits of advice and her own experience with Taeyeon, helping the latter to understand the new strength that resides within her.

Sunny and Seohyun got their hands on the enemy's base blueprint, thanks to Yoona and they are still finalizing their plans for the attack. Taeyeon would drop by after her training sessions to give her input on the strategy they should use.

Solar and Moonbyul have been training with Yuri and Jessica, alongside with Sooyoung and occasionally Seulgi. Yuri who is in charge of the training guides them and gives them ideas on ways to overcome their weaknesses.

"Choi Sooyoung, you need to pick up on your speed as soon as you're done with your attack." Yuri hollered over to Sooyoung who nodded her head in understanding and tried to fix her movement.

"Solar! What are you doing?!" Yuri hissed, snapping said woman out of her daze. Moonbyul who heard the confrontation immediately stood in front of Solar, shielding her from Yuri.

"Moonbyul, get out of my way." Yuri glared at Moonbyul who clicked her tongue in annoyance, wiping off the sweat dripping down her face.

"What is it with you, Kwon? We have been training for hours without a break. It's normal for any of us to get tired." Moonbyul leveled her gaze at Yuri who stood her ground.

"Yuri-yah! Give us... at least a 5... minutes water... break." Sooyoung huffed, panting heavily as she fell on to her knees.

"Aren't you two being a tad disrespectful?" Yuri glared at the two who bit their lips in annoyance.

"Y-Yuri-unnie, a break can help us recharge ourselves..." Solar added, smiling nervously at Yuri sho shook her head.

"You're not even that good for crying out loud! And how can you be tired? You're half ro-" Solar winced and bit her bottom lip at the statement, willing herself to not break down

A fist is connected to Yuri's jaw, sending her falling to her back.

"Kwon Yuri. You better watch your mouth." Moonbyul hissed before guiding Solar away. "We'll be training on our own. We don't need a leader who dictates and behaves unreasonably." Solar flashed a weak smile over to Jessica who nodded her head in understanding.

"Yuri-unnie, as much as I respect you, that is plain rude!" Seulgi hissed, glaring at her sunbae before excusing herself.

"Yes, what's gotten into you anyway?" Sooyoung huffed before following the younger woman to leave.

"Yuri? What's wrong?" Jessica asked, slowly reaching out to hold Yuri's hand.

"They are too weak! We can't beat our enemies like this!" Yuri shouted and hissed, surprising Jessica who jumped back at the loud voice.

"You all don't understand! All of you are not improving and you all keep demanding for breaks-!" 

A loud slap is heard reverberating throughout the field. Jessica hangs her head down with her hair covering her face as Yuri stared blankly at the woman who slapped her.

Tears streaming down her face, Jessica slowly looked up at Yuri. "You're not the Kwon Yuri I know and love anymore."

 

 

Taeyeon and Irene are taking a break with Tiffany joining them as Hyoyeon gave them a 5 minutes water break to freshen up.

"Fany? If you have some spare time, maybe you should join us for some training. It wouldn't hurt for you to brush up on your skills." Tiffany hummed, considering the offer.

"Maybe I should, well I'll see how things go..." Taeyeon smiled, glad that Tiffany is giving it some thought.

"Taeyeon-unnie, Tiffany-unnie, Hyoyeon-unnie, Irene-unnie." Moonbyul greeted them, surprising the four who turned their heads to see the former along with Solar, Sooyoung, and Seulgi.

"Hey, how is your training?" Taeyeon stood up while offering her hand for Tiffany, helping her to get on her two feet.

"Bad." Seulgi huffed, taking a seat beside Irene while Moonbyul took a side glance at Solar who was obviously still hurt by Yuri's blunt words. The four stared at the newcomers in confusion.

"Lately, Yul has been pushing us to our limits but today was by far the worst and most absurd training session. We have been training since 7 am and now is..." Sooyoung checked her watch before continuing, "...4 pm and we had no water breaks in between." Sooyoung huffed in annoyance.

"The worst thing is she criticized Solar without any basis!" Moonbyul hissed in anger while Solar rub her thumbs comfortingly at their intertwined hands.

"Yes, I agree that we aren't progressing as fast as Yuri-unnie wants to but objectively speaking we are improving day by day!" Seulgi hissed before punching the ground in anger and Irene immediately held her hand, preventing her from hurting herself any further.

"Seulgi!" Seulgi winced before apologizing to Irene for her irrational anger.

"...I understand that I'm not fully human but being half human and half robot doesn't meet that I won't feel tired. The way she said things, made me felt useless." Solar sighed before burying her face in her hands as Moonbyul wrapped her arms around Solar protectively.

Taeyeon frowned at what she heard before suggesting for the four of them to head back and rest. "If you've been training since this morning until now with no break, please head back and rest up." Hyoyeon nodded her head in agreement before the other 4 shook their head.

"I believe that we just need 15 minutes to rest then if it's alright with you, Hyoyeon-unnie..." Seulgi looked over to Sooyoung, Solar, and Moonbyul who nodded their head, giving her the green light "...we want to join your training session." Seulgi smiled nervously at Hyoyeon who considered the request. "Well, if you're sure." Seulgi grinned widely before thanking the woman in front of her.

"Solar, please don't take what Yuri-unnie said to heart. She herself is a half human and half robot but I guess she let her anger and the stress to take over her brain, making her say hurtful things." Irene gently pat said woman's back as the woman gave her a timid nod.

"Look, Solar. We all know that you may not be the strongest physically, fastest or even the smartest but there's one thing we all know. That is you have a heart of gold." Hyoyeon smiled reassuringly at the younger woman who is now looking at her with teary eyes.

"You are much stronger than you think, Solar." Taeyeon encourages with a warm smile.

"You can do it!" Tiffany cheered for Solar who wiped her tears before nodding her head, becoming even more determine to improve herself.

"Don't give up Solar-unnie." Seulgi flashed a thumbs up to her which Solar chuckled before returning it.

"I understand. Thank you, everyone." Solar smiled warmly, eyes blazing with determination as Moonbyul tighten her grip on their intertwined hands.

"I believe in you, so you have to believe in yourself, okay?" Moonbyul kissed Solar on her forehead, the latter nodded her head and kisses her on the lips in gratitude.

"Hey hey, no PDA here." Hyoyeon huffed at the couple who instantly apologizes but thanks the older woman at the water bottle offered to them.

"Hyo, I'll excuse myself for a bit." Hyoyeon nodded her head in understanding before adding, "Please knock some sense into that Kkab Yul." Taeyeon grin in return before leaving with Tiffany tagging along. 

"I'll talk to Sica while you talk to Yul..." Tiffany suggests and Taeyeon smiled warmly at her.

"Smartypants." The two bicker along the way but stopped when they heard Jessica's voice.

"Lately, you've been getting pissed at almost everything. The Yuri I know wouldn't have behaved like that." Jessica wiped the tears streaming down her face while Yuri stared coldly at her.

"...Maybe you don't even know me." Yuri hissed causing Jessica to raise her hand, slapping her once more.

"I hate you, Kwon Yuri." Yuri felt her heart stop beating at that moment. Jessica took off running, leaving Yuri standing behind with her eyes w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter