Chapter 19

Humans and Robots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Thank you for upvoting, subscribing, and commenting on this story! The finale is near, buckle up readers!

 

0000 hours - 24 hours before the mission

Seohyun smiles proudly as she took in the teams that are standing in front of her. Six teams are formed and it consists of volunteers who are willing to lend a helping hand in this final mission despite knowing that they may not come back alive.

"Once again, I sincerely thank each and every one of you for being here with us." Seohyun bowed in gratitude as the volunteers cheered.

"It is us who are thankful to all of you! You protected us from them!" One of them cheered while the others hollered in agreement.

"YEA! You also helped us half humans and half robots to escape from the clutches of that ! You taught us to adapt to our new condition and we are eternally grateful for all of you!" 

"It's an honor to fight with you!" Cheers erupted around the room, the moral of these volunteers are high.

"Alright, let's move to the meeting room to begin our briefing!" The volunteers saluted to their Adviser before quickly making their way in.

The volunteers stood behind The Chosen Ones who were already waiting in the meeting room. The atmosphere is a tense one, with countless thoughts running through each and everyone's head. Seohyun stood in front, expression stern as she starts the meeting.

"Thank you for being punctual and thank you for fighting with us. As you all know, this mission consists of us launching a surprise attack on the enemy. Im Yoona, our undercover agent, has confirmed that the enemy is planning to attack us in two weeks' time and because of that, we have decided to take the upper hand and attack the enemy first." Everyone nodded in understanding as Seohyun typed some words, creating a hologram.

"Thanks to Yoona, we got our hands on the map of the enemy's base. We manage to secure a room with medical supplies on the ground floor so if you are running low on medical supplies, please head over to that room to replenish." Seohyun points over to the room located in the corner.

"Kim Yeri, Wendy Shon, and Tiffany Hwang will be stationed at the Med Room. Team Resuscitator and Team Saver, these two teams will be following them respectively to help heal the injured. Tiffany will be with the front line while Yeri will be at the back. Any questions?" A hand shot up as Seohyun gestured for him to ask.

"Sorry mam, what about Joy Park?" Seohyun hums in understanding as Joy is the Director of Nursing.

"After our discussion, Joy will be joining us in the front line along with Kwon Yuri, Lee Sunny, Kim Hyoyeon, Irene Bae and Solar. Im Yoona, our undercover agent will also be in the front line. Team Phoenix and Team Jaguar, you will be assisting them." After seeing them nod in understanding, Seohyun moves on.

"Kim Taeyeon, Kang Seulgi, Jessica Jung, Choi Sooyoung, Moonbyul and myself will be covering your backs along with Team Cyprus and Team Xander. Do note that Team Xander, you will be needed somewhere else." The volunteers all salutes at Seohyun before she continues.

"Thanks to our research team led by Wendy Shon, we were able to improve our weapons just in time for this mission. We are confident that we are at advantage thanks to this improvement on our weapons." Seohyun explains before pulling up another diagram.

"The front line will be using lase, blades, swords, axes, whichever you prefer while the ones in the back will equip with long-range lasers. The good news is, you have unlimited ammo." The volunteers cheered for Wendy while she awkwardly laughs at the attention on her.

"The ones who are in the back are not going to go head first with the enemy as you have to save your stamina and energy." Seohyun changes the weapon hologram to the full blueprint of the enemies base.

"Our plan is to do a sneak attack and we must not alert the enemies that they are intruders in their base." Seohyun points to the ground floor, continuing.

"We'll be starting the attack from the ground floor as the video surveillance control (VSC) room is located there. Getting a hold of that room will give us eyes all over the place, giving us an advantage. Sunny and I will be station there along with Team Xander, we will be giving out warnings and calculating our next move." The volunteers in Team Xander nodded their head in understanding.

"After we have take control of both the Med Room and VSC Room, the others will head up floor by floor to continue with the attack. The building consists of 10 floors and you'll be splitting up on the 6th floor. The people at the back will move to the front line while the front line will be backing them up. According to Yoona, the enemies' leader's office is located on the highest floor, it'll be best for all of us to re-group before heading in." Seeing that everyone understands the plan, Seohyun continues.

"A reminder to those who are half human and half robot, please be extra careful as we don't want them to infect or brainwash you. But if it does happen, worry not as we are prepared. I and Team Xander's leader will be holding a handful of antidotes. As most of the leaders in the front line consists of half human and half robot's, we will pass out a number of antidotes to Joy Park, Irene Bae, and the team leaders of Team Phoenix and Team Jaguar.

"We will be handing a lesser amount of antidotes to the ones in the back as there are a few numbers of those who are half human and half robot. Naturally, the medic team will have the antidotes but the main focus for the medic team is to help the injured humans as they are much more vulnerable to injuries compared to the half human and half robots." Seohyun's eyes roam over the crowd before her expression harden.

"Now that the briefing is over. I have a question for all of you. Attending this mission may mean that you will die, if you wish to pull out from the mission, you may do so now." Seohyun stated firmly as none of the volunteers moves. 

"Mam! We are willing to sacrifice ourselves for this mission because we want to prevent them from abusing any other half robot and half human in this world." The team leader of Team Phoenix states.

"Yea! The Chosen Ones have been protecting us in the past years, let us do something in return for the others as well!" Another shouted and soon the room is filled with cheers and everyone's moral is raise higher.

"Thank you. all of you." Seohyun bows before passing it over to Taeyeon who wanted to speak with them.

"I am truly grateful for all of you who are here with us now. This war between humans and robots happened because of my family and I sincerely apologize for that. I had the aim to fix this matter alone with my few comrades and friends but you all volunteered to join us, strengthening our forces by tenfold." Taeyeon smiled in gratitude at the volunteers.

"When the war is over, I will make sure that all of you will be remembered by the future generations for being the brave ones who stood up and fought the war with The Chosen Ones!" Taeyeon ended her speech with a broad smile and the room was filled with cheers. The Captain bowed 90 degrees before heading back to her seat, while Seohyun informed them that their attack will begin at 0000 hrs and to meet at 2300 hrs at the same place before dismissing them.

 

 

0200 hours - 22 hours before the mission

"I guess we should prepare ourselves..." Moonbyul stated as the others nod in agreement.

"...All of you, meet me here at 2230 hrs." The others give her the okay sign before she flashed a small smile before leaving.

 

Hyoyeon

Hyoyeon stares out to the horizon deep in thoughts. Hyoyeon was supposed to head back to Incheon along with Wendy but after much thoughts, the two decided to stay for the battle. 

'After all, this is what we've been training for. It's everything we've been training for, ever since we were young.' Hyoyeon sighs before looking at her hands, clenching her fist tightly.

"We can do this." Hyoyeon expression turns resolute.

 

Wendy

'...What did I get myself into..." Wendy sighs before shaking her head out of her negative thoughts. Being the newest addition to the group, Wendy did not want to be part of the final mission as she fears for her life.

 'But there must be a reason as to why I am one of The Chosen Ones...' She leans back in her seat letting out another sigh as her gaze landed on a photo frame where Irene, Seulgi, Joy, Yeri and her were smiling widely for the picture.

"This is the r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter