Chapter 3

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi's POV

~ 7AM

I arrived at the café place exactly at 7AM. The door still have the closed sign on and the guys are inside sitting and dozing off with the boss. 

"Good Morning!" I couldn't help but sound so happy. 

Got a bunch of nodding replies, I guess they had a late night. 

"I brought with me some kimchi fried rice...it's still hot" as soon as the lid popped open Boss and Siyoon woke up. 

"It smells so good! Did you make this?" Boss asked. 

"No sir, my neighbor kinda made me some. She thinks I am similar to a stick"

Both Siyoon and boss laughed. 

"You can just call him Jongmin, we're all casual here. By the way, I'm Yoon Siyoon and this sleepy head over here is Seo Kang Joon." As soon as Kang Joon hears his name he opened his eyes to see what's going on. 

There was an awkward eye contact between him and I. 

"Kimchi Fried Rice?" My stupid mouth had to open. 

Kang Joon stood up, moved to another table and continued his sleep. 

"Is he always like that?" I asked Siyoon.

"He just has stuff to sort out. Kang Joon is fun once you get to know him." Siyoon replied as both him and boss are demolishing the kimchi fried rice. 

"Seulgi-ssi why do you eagerly want to work here though?" The question came up again. 

"It's cheesy! I don't know why, but I felt like it just happened. I didn't plan to clean at a café, no offense boss-"

"None taken"

"-but it somehow brought me here." 

And then I realized that the kimchi fried rice is all gone. 

"You guys aren't hungry at all huh?" I joked. 

"OMo!! We totally got carried away!" Siyoon surprised himself.

"Hey! I didn't eat a lot! You did!" Boss playfully blamed Siyoon. 

"Hyunnnggg you ate more than you spoke!" Siyoon clapped back. 

Boss had a smile of a fool and said "fine fine....Siyoon will buy you lunch in replacement of your kimchi fried rice"

"HAH!" Siyoon reacted as if he had won the debate. 

"wait...." And then he realizes he'd been played by the twist of words. 

"It's okay, don't worry about my lunch. Consider it as my gratitude for welcoming me here." I reassured them that they wont have to argue who replaces my lunch. Can I survive a day without food tho? I have to drown myself in water.

The banter between these two guys are entertaining. It just shows how close they really are. 

After the chat, boss oriented me with the basics. It's interesting how cleaning also has a system, I felt like I was dumbed down being born with a silver spoon. As cheery and funny boss is, I saw that he is a man with determination. He had goals for his cafè and employees. My dad only has goals for himself...pssshhhh.

Through out  my job orientation...I was very much curious about one thing. How will I get payed?

"So, now that everything in the flyer has been discussed we move on to your pay." 

Basically I earn 7 dollars per hour and we get paid by the end of the day. It's not bad at all! I'm actually very happy. I think it's enough for me to survive from day to day. OMG alsoooo I can eat by the end of my shift!!! 

"I've never seen anyone so happy with their job pay." Kang Joon was behind me. 

I almost fell on the floor and he laughed. 

"Omooooo don't do that!" I said while holding my chest and almost not breathing. 

It's the first time I've seen him not as annoyed with the world. 

"You're that woman from last night, right? The one who couldn't cut the coupon." 

I nodded and he left my side again. What a weird guy...

~8AM

The cafè actually opens at 8 AM. Slowly, people started to line up again. I was standing and moving from corner to corner.

The cups slowly started to pile up and the rubber gloves became annoying that I had to wash everything with my bare hands. 

"We need three cups, can you hurry up???" Kang Joon sounded so irritable again. 

I really tried to wash each cup thoroughly, but these women keep

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter