Chapter 21

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seulgi's POV

"Noona, we need 3 coffee cups out here." Sehun quickly came by like a wind and I didn't even have the chance to hand him the cups. 

There's been an awkward tension between Sehun and I all morning. Why is he suddenly 'business only' mode?

Time is quickly nearing to lunch but he still hasn't explained why he didn't reply at all. 

Did I misunderstood last night? Did I think too far ahead???? 

Kang Joon's POV

"Where are the cups?" I asked Sehun who looks out of it. 

"I already relayed it to noona" Sehun proudly replies. 

"Yaaa! Do you think we're only passing notes here? GET THE CUPS FROM HER." This boy is making my temperature rise. 

I don't know how hyung runs the cafe with a carefree spirit. 

The first half of our shift quickly came by and I already feel like a wreck. Finally lunchtime! This place feels suffocating. But it seems like I'm not the only one feeling this way. 

Sehun quickly went out without even telling us where he's eating and Siyoon went out to run quick errands for his grandparents.

The cafe sounded quiet...

Moments later Seulgi comes out from the dishwashing area.

"Kang Seulgi, what do you want to eat?" I ask her while I pretend to look at the delivery menu. I have it memorized like the back of my hand, but I find it difficult to make direct eye contact with Seulgi today. 

"I'm not hungry. You can go to lunch, I don't mind staying here" She plainly replied and collected cups from the back tables.

and then the cafe fell silent once again. 

Seulgi's POV

I am hungry...

I want to eat a lot! I feel stressed. I feel sad. I feel anxious.

but I don't want to seem weak...

No matter how long I've been away from home and how badly I want to cut ties with my family, I couldn't...

I have pride as tall as my father's and it's showing.

"Let's go! You're a bad liar!!" Kang Joon dragged me out of the cafe.

We went to a nearby food place that was seemingly hidden, It was small and down by an alley.

It was lively even without a lot of people in it.

"Welcome, oh! it's the pretty boy again!" the man tending the receiving area exclaimed. 

Kang Joon must've been here a lot. 

"I see you finally brought a friend with you!" the man added with delight in his voice.

"He seems like a real loner, right?" my mouth opened thinking it would be a funny comment and I realized that Kang Joon might scold me again.

It's too late to take back my comment, I'm doomed!

"said the girl who wanted to be left alone just minutes ago..." he commented with a tiny chuckle.......HE JOKED BACK?????? WHAT????

Kang J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter