Chapter 16

Different But Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At around 2AM Seulgi was still not asleep. She kept on rolling around her and kept randomly checking her phone. 

She checks her stack of food and realized she wants some ramyeon. 

Seulgi's POV​​​​

How am I gonna cook these if I don't have a stove? I don't want to buy anymore from the conveniemce store, I've quickly become broke again. 

Maybe...Kang Joon has a stove......

But I can't just go ask him at this hour.....

(Not even a few minutes later)

Fine, I'll go up... I really want some ramyeon. 

I proceeded to Kang Joon's apartment and shamelessly knocked on his door. 

Kang Joon's POV

This has been annoying! After the runaway bride event of my life I couldn't sleep like a normal human being. I figured to start deleting more memories of Suzy and I, the screenshots were easy to get rid of, but our picture together was more excrutiating to get rid of. 

I heard a soft knock on my door. 

Hmmm.. At 2AM? Who could it be? I opened my door to a Seulgi carrying three packs of cheese ramyeon.

"Oh! You're awake!" She brightly exclaimed as if we were set in the morning. 

Before I could even speak she starts to explain herself, "Listen, I know it's a weird hour. But....I was wondering if...you.....have a stove? I'm hungr--"

I just let her in, she was hungry. Suzy's place didn't have a stove, I assumed it won't work for Seulgi in the long run. 

Seulgi starts cooking the ramyeons, I guess she was really hungry.

"You're eating three ramyeons in one go?" I ask her curiously as I sat on a chair near the stove.

"1 for me and I'm offering 2 for you..since I'm using your stove" I knew she was hungry, she didn't eat a lot during lunch.

"I'm not THAT hungry... You can have 2, I'm good with one" what I said instantly lit up her face again.

As Seulgi was setting up the table, I felt nervous all of a sudden. It was the first time I'm gonna eat with her, not in a columbarium, not with the guys, and definitely not drunk. 

I sat far away from her, we sat end to end of the table. 

"Seulgi, Can I ask you something?" I started off. 

She looked pretty casual, am I the only one feeling nervous?

She nodded her head as she continues to eat ramyeon.

"Is your step mother the president of Kang Marketing?" I just have to find out. 

"No, she's just a mansion wife (then she chuckles at her own pun). She leeches off from my Father's money....My father is the president. Why'd you suddenly ask?" If you'd think Seulgi lacks analyzing detail, that is definitely a MYTH. She analyzes too much of everything.

So, Sehun was talking to Seulgi's father? But....isn't he the biggest bad guy of this story?

"Just curious. You never told us anything, but Sehun knows a lot about you." I tried to trail off to a different subject. 

"There you go again!" she exclaims as if she discovered a mystery. 

"What???" I actually felt confused. 

"When you speak like that, I can't help but think that you're jealous." she laughed. 

She speaks so lightly of her assumptions, that's why she gets in trouble. 

"You think so much! Maybe you're the one who likes me!" I fought her off.

"I didn't say anything about 'who likes who' .....Ya, you're getting caught in your own words! Anyone can be jealous, family, friends....not just people who like others." She laughed.

"Then tell me who are you jealous of?" I asked her. 

"Hmmm...I'm jealous of.... Baechu Unnie, Wendy, Joy, and Yeri. They can freely do what they love and their family supports them. I'm jealous of girls who can look pretty without even trying, and I'm jealous of people who still have their mothers." I really didn't mean to open up those kind of wounds from her. 

"Yah! I'm sure you'll be able to do singing and dancing freely soon. Family is not just from your home though. You still have your girls, look at Hyung and Siyoon, they fanboy over you when you do random karaokes and mop performances..I'm sure your mother still looks over you, because you're so clumsy......and.....You're already pretty without trying" I think I said it very well. 

Seulgi's POV

I clearly heard every word he said, but him calling me pretty sounded louder for me. He's so proud of his speech that he sets out his smile. 

Kang Joon always had that pretty smile. 

When I first entered the cafè, he was the first face I remembered. Not even Siyoon who handed me the flyers outside. It was only when Kang Joon started to talk, that ruined a little part of it. 

Now I understand why he's so grumpy. He's not even in his 30's and he's already acting like a man who got divorced 10 times. 

"what about you? Who are you jealous of?" I now ask him his question.

I'm pretty sure Lee Min Ho is on the top of his list. I CAN BET ON IT. 

"I'm jealous of people who can take care of their love and themselves equally." And I lost my own bet. 

In my "Kang Joon for Dummies", I've heard a lot about him being a push over. He loved Suzy so much, he forgot how to love himself.

"Ya, it should alwa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter